AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 06:46   Link #12101
Wolfenstein

What? Excuse me?

Spoiler:

Where is this supposed sentence that's being stopped? Please don't take me for a fool. I read the chapter, I know that the manga clearly shows that Yuzuhira wasn't speaking any sentences at all during that fight.

Not only that, but how do you suppose that she would be fightning equally with Iihiko is she had to utter a sentence to use the style when Iihiko is legions faster than her natural speed, as shown when he reacted to the new End God Mode?
Not to mention the fact that Nienami and Doctor Tsurubami never uttered any sentences with "therefore" during their respective battles.
Not to forget that Momo's style, and Sui's style clearly don't require verbal exchanges to be used(I think Mogura's and Yuzuhira's as well, but I'm not sure) .

Aside from that, you're thinking of this too much as being actually verbal. Zenkichi himself was feeling words inside of him in this chapter, communication isn't something that you have to always say, it has endless forms. Like empathy, which styles are all about.

Sorry, but the manga is very clear on this. I'd even go as far as to say that it's crystal clear.

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2013-02-15 at 07:08.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 09:12   Link #12102
silvercover
Romance Expert

eh im not sure about you guys, but it sounded a lot to me that the voices(or at least most) that zenkichi couldnt identify sounded like something ajimu would say.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 10:49   Link #12103
orangejuicetang

If I had to guess, for the voices at the start:

"What are you doing, dying like that Zen-chan? Do you want to make me even more unhappy?"=Naze

"If you die here, it would be like you got killed long ago by my hand..."=Munakata

"Kekeke! In the end, that was your "justice"?"=Unzen

"Pathetic! And you still claim to be my superior, president Hitoyoshi?"=Torai

"It's alright! Even if you lose your life, you still have your hopes and dreams!"=Yojirou

"Don't worry! You're my beloved Hitoyoshi-kun, after all!"=Emukae

"Get a hold of yourself, Zenkichi-kun! Do you want me to train you into shape, once again?"=Maguro

"Your work as the assistant to that monster woman isn't over yet, don't let me down!"=Kanoya?

"What's the matter? You still haven't shown the true potential of a normal person, right?" =Nabeshima?

"Fight on, Hitoyoshi! It's not like you to be defeated here!"=Akune?

"It's so unpleasant to see you die outside the academy without even asking!!"=Onigase?

"Good grief, serves you right, Hitoyoshi-kun. Remember that virtuous authority you showed me when you sharply told me you'd win against Medaka-chan? Where has it gone now?"=Ajimu

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 14:03   Link #12104
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
What could possibly be more broken than Contradictory Conjunction in this manga?

Even the strongest character of all Hakoniwa Academy was humbled by it. Even a style-using Medaka could not reach that beast of a fusion, yet a shallow Contradictory Conjunction user seemingly did for quite a while.

Doctor Tsurubami gets cooler the more I think about, haha. The imagination this guy had to have. Too bad he was killed so early.
Encounter, All Fiction, etc. Ajimu even had a skill on her list that had basically the same effect as Contradictory Conjunction ("win when the enemy is stronger than you"). Any of these would be completely unstoppable if they worked against Iihiko.

Medaka with a style means kind of nothing about the relative power of skills because her style was simply keeping her alive. And, well, she did beat Iihiko, he just switched bodies afterward and caught her off guard.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 16:53   Link #12105
Thth
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
And, well, she did beat Iihiko, he just switched bodies afterward and caught her off guard.
She beat him as much as her victory over Kumagawa in middle school was valid, which is to say not really...
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 16:56   Link #12106
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
"What's the matter? You still haven't shown the true potential of a normal person, right?"
Dear goodness, I was wrecking my brain trying to think of who had said this one sentence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
"Good grief, serves you right, Hitoyoshi-kun. Remember that virtuous authority you showed me when you sharply told me you'd win against Medaka-chan? Where has it gone now?"=Ajimu
To be honest, I think this one might've been Tsurubami.

I think it's a reference to when they met in the courtyard and talked about things, then Zenkichi told him he'd win the election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste
Encounter, All Fiction, etc. Ajimu even had a skill on her list that had basically the same effect as Contradictory Conjunction ("win when the enemy is stronger than you").
While that Ajimu skill sounds just as incredibly ridiculous, the style seems to be much more variable and can work to the same effect than any of the above at the same time.

I mean, damn. The possibilities I can think of for a sentence with "Therefore" in a fight are endless!

Doctor Tsurubami was godlike! A real OG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste
Medaka with a style means kind of nothing about the relative power of skills because her style was simply keeping her alive. And, well, she did beat Iihiko, he just switched bodies afterward and caught her off guard.
What I meant is that there are strata's in the natural power of styles. As we must not forget that only because of a style which attacks with vibrations was she then able to kill Iihiko.

Same attack which was stopped by a single finger of Shiranui!Iihiko. Same Shiranui!Iihiko who got a good scuffle from Yuzuhira.
Really impressive, when you think about it, that therefore paradox. But again, not like it dosen't have it's glaring weaknesses.

It just goes to show how "broken and overpowered this style is".

Last edited by Wolfenstein; 2013-02-15 at 17:08.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 16:59   Link #12107
DawnEmperor

Hmm, does anyone smell a Batman Gambit concocted by anyone? The only reason Zenkichi can really help in this situation is because of his connection to Shiranui, who is currently possessed by Ihiko. It seems that not even Medaka can permanently defeat Ihiko, so someone already knew that. Therefore, they predicted that Ihiko would transfer himself to Shiranui, allowing Zenkichi to step in to his major forte,
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 17:09   Link #12108
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Hmm, does anyone smell a Batman Gambit concocted by anyone?
This whole this was set up by Nienami, I swear.
Quote:
Bami only ever calls Zenkichi by his nickname.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 17:10   Link #12109
orangejuicetang

Quote:

I think it's a reference to when they met in the courtyard and talked about things, then Zenkichi told him he'd win the election.
I don't think Tsurubami calls him Zenkichi-chan though

^sniped

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 17:13   Link #12110
Wolfenstein

Hmmm.

Yeah, the fact that he dosen't appear later in the recollection when Zenkichi identifies the voices he was hearing before is a big indicator, too.

Because Ajimu appears, .

PS: I don't think the voice call him Zenkichi-chan, though.
Old 2013-02-15, 17:20   Link #12111
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
PS: I don't think the voice call him Zenkichi-chan, though.
Nah, Ajimu always called him "Hitoyoshi-kun", right? Which is why Nienami calling him the same was a big deal this chapter.
Old 2013-02-15, 17:24   Link #12112
Thth
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Hmm, does anyone smell a Batman Gambit concocted by anyone? The only reason Zenkichi can really help in this situation is because of his connection to Shiranui, who is currently possessed by Ihiko. It seems that not even Medaka can permanently defeat Ihiko, so someone already knew that. Therefore, they predicted that Ihiko would transfer himself to Shiranui, allowing Zenkichi to step in to his major forte,
IMO everyone is dancing as per the tunes of Kajiki, he may have very well planned this out a long time ago. Remember near the end of JBL he said something along the lines of "We will break through his (Fukurou's) plan too."
Spoiler for Speculation:
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 17:24   Link #12113
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Nah, Ajimu always called him "Hitoyoshi-kun", right? Which is why Nienami calling him the same was a big deal this chapter.
Yeah, interestingly enough, that's what the voice called him.

Although, to me, it's just a Nienami troll . Nishio has to slide in some quips to make you think only to shatter your expectations later.

It is pretty telling, though.

*First few pages she refers to him as Hitoyoshi*

*Suddenly changes to Hitoyoshi-kun*
Old 2013-02-15, 17:43   Link #12114
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Also, I pointed this out before, but Ajimu's speech bubbles aren't all echo-y.
Old 2013-02-16, 08:15   Link #12115
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Just to clarify:
Quote:
The one talking about Zenkichi's resolution to win against Medaka is Ajimu, as she's using her usual speech pattern.

"What's the matter? You still haven't shown the true potential of a normal person, right?"
And this is indeed Nabeshima, as she's speaking in Kansai-ben.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 13:29   Link #12116
Tenchi Hou Take

Spoilers are out, anyway, any idea about when volume 7 comes out for this or whether its already out since I'm wondering how the rest of the popularity poll results went.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 14:34   Link #12117
chidorimen

Spoiler for 183:
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 14:37   Link #12118
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So, wait.
Spoiler for 183:
Old 2013-02-19, 14:41   Link #12119
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So, wait.
Spoiler for 183:
Spoiler:
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 14:43   Link #12120
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Spoiler:
Sure looked dead to me in the previous chapter.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council