AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 37 Rating
Perfect 10 208 44.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 16.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 55 11.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 37 7.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 1.91%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 39 8.30%
Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-21, 17:22   Link #461
Nevflinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Yamagi_Kira View Post
Light was bored - that was his cause of corruption. I am almost positive the author wanted the readers to realize this, seeing how every description of Light started off with "A bored intelligent man." I mean all this showed is that the author wanted Light to fit the description of a typical serial killer - but with her own twists. Some of the most notorious serial killers were all geniuses: Jack the Ripper, Ted Bundy and even the fictional serial killers, JigSaw, Dr. Hannibal Lecture. Light fitted these characteristics to a tee, the only difference was he had a super natural ability. Light, up until the last episode, showed no emotion, no remorse, no fear, and stuck to his plan. There is also a quote in the last episode that knocks my point home. Light Yagami was insane - Light became so corrupt by his power and became arrogant and truly thought he was a GOD. Well Near - said "No, you're nothing but a serial killer." After Light proclaimed his power - well as you can see Light never thought he was insane, because by definition someone who is insane does not know they are. However, Light did not become insane until late in the series - in my opinion; simply because he always had a calm and cool plan to rid his enemies and cover everything up. Even though he was arrogant he never let that get in his way of his choices. It's interesting to say the very least but I would say that the author did an excellent job of creating a serial killer. Sick thing is - he would have be successful if not for a minor mistake.
Quoted for truth.

Sorry, I got nothing else to add to that.
Old 2009-08-22, 01:04   Link #462
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Agreed. As for 4tran's post, I had a reply, but I had to go somewhere when I was typing it, and can't got the life of me remember.
Old 2009-08-23, 16:09   Link #463
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

It was so good death note ;(
Old 2009-08-23, 17:23   Link #464
gunrik

Final episode was excelent, but guess if Near died, we would have more episodes, a new smart person would appear, I would enjoy it.
Old 2009-08-24, 19:59   Link #465
Light_Yamagi_Kira
New Debate God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunrik View Post
Final episode was excelent, but guess if Near died, we would have more episodes, a new smart person would appear, I would enjoy it.
Excellent* If Near died it would have been a shocking twist to this series; it would have made every Light/Kira fan thrilled and happy - but it would have been the worse, unreasonable ending in anime history. Now I will admit I would have loved to see this series go another 8-10 episodes just to give Near vs. Kira a fair fight. Not 9 episodes and give L vs. Kira 25 episodes. Nevertheless if Light won - that would be it. There would be no more characters to try and defeat Kira because Kira's plan was to kill everybody who knew about the death note. If some random was to pursue Kira they would be doing it blindly. So I am probably glad that they finished the series this way - all I will complain about is that it could have been another 8 episodes longer. Maybe get some more back/side stories in there.
Old 2009-08-25, 02:10   Link #466
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred Kira to be victor, not because I'm a Kira fan, but because I'm an L fan. I wouldn't like to see Kira fall to anyone other than him.

People rarely tend to think of it the way you stated, Light. But yes, it would've been possible to make it a bit longer with a few more backstories, Giving Matt a few episodes screentime, ect. There were ways to do so. But yes, someone pursuing Kira blindly would've been quite odd. But then again, isn't that a bit how L started?
Old 2009-08-25, 09:50   Link #467
Light_Yamagi_Kira
New Debate God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred Kira to be victor, not because I'm a Kira fan, but because I'm an L fan. I wouldn't like to see Kira fall to anyone other than him.

People rarely tend to think of it the way you stated, Light. But yes, it would've been possible to make it a bit longer with a few more backstories, Giving Matt a few episodes screentime, ect. There were ways to do so. But yes, someone pursuing Kira blindly would've been quite odd. But then again, isn't that a bit how L started?
You're right, Naomi, in saying that L started out much blindly. However, L had an abnormal deductive reasoning ability and with the help to all his research, and bluntly stupid prideful mistakes by Light, L was able to deduce a lot from Kira within days of his investigation. Do you really think Kira would fall for that again? I say no and also even if there was somebody in the world who actually did have the skills to L he would have no real support and there would be a lot of "what ifs". Nevertheless I agree that L was the only one who could have truly beat Kira. Near although had moments of respect overall he was fluky, and had a full army behind him: Mello, the whole SPK, and info from the death gods and L.
Old 2009-08-25, 17:09   Link #468
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

True, very true. It would be impossible for someone with a higher level of deductive reasoning to come into play as well. So I guess the only thing that could have been done to lengthen the series would've been more backstories. I wouldn't have minded it either.
Old 2009-08-25, 20:23   Link #469
Light_Yamagi_Kira
New Debate God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
True, very true. It would be impossible for someone with a higher level of deductive reasoning to come into play as well. So I guess the only thing that could have been done to lengthen the series would've been more backstories. I wouldn't have minded it either.
Yes, some more back story would have been better. I mean L, Near, Mello, Light. All of these characters would have been great to have an episode learning about them. Kinda like the episode on Mikami.
Old 2009-08-28, 12:49   Link #470
AutisticOtakuGirl

I need help with a Death Note AMV

I am making a Death Note AMV in which I need the last part of episode 37 (the last episode) minus the ending credits. The DVD of the last volume (extras included) doesn't have a creditless ending of ep.37, and I really need to find it. Again, I need a downloadable (even if Youtube) video with the ending part of episode 37 of Death Note without the ending credits, in high quality if possible. Need info or link to website, download, or a direct link to a video if on Youtube(which I did happen to search through, but is so big so it's hard to find, if even there.) Thanks
Old 2009-09-05, 16:22   Link #471
no97emotions
Anime Member

I love DN... I woted for perfect...
Old 2009-09-08, 01:44   Link #472
Big Daddy

Ending honestly left me sad for a week or two. I knew how it was gonna end, but it was honestly the most pitiful death i've seen in an anime. Especially since i was a big fan of light and wanted near to die.
Old 2009-09-09, 03:27   Link #473
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Trust me, you're nowhere near the only person who was upset over it. But think about the conclusion most of us came to. It was honestly the only way it could've ended.
Old 2009-10-05, 21:59   Link #474
Jujubee

The whole time I was rooting for Light up until he tried to kill Takeda. That's when his arrogant attitude and womanizing officially pissed me off and I wanted him to fail. So I was glad he lost to Near and died the slow agonizing death he deserved. But then I felt saddened when I realized Misa commits suicide because of his death. She was too cute to die and Light didn't deserve her. I rate the ending and overall series 'Very Good.'
Old 2009-10-07, 09:36   Link #475
GuruSharky
The Muffin Man

Location: The magical land of Sugar Dust and Fairy Droppings.
The ending of the series was riveting, powerful, spine- tingling. I was sad to see it end and perhaps i'm upset over how it ended I'm really not sure. But so many emotions I felt while watching the final episode. Watching light go through a total mental breakdown was amazing.

It was eminent that he was going to lose, if you were paying close attention light seemed to be letting his guard down more and more . He didn't see near as a threat.
I felt that after L died that light started to look like an idiot. Mistake after mistake.

But deathnote really was a fantastic series, probably the best anime i've seen as of yet.
Old 2009-10-15, 17:15   Link #476
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
He started off trying to make the world a better place.

But in the end, due to human fault, he ultermently got consumed by the Death Note, becoming a killer who was obsessed with power, somewhat like Hitlar.

Sad really, but I guess it proves, man was never designed to handle such power.
Old 2009-10-28, 23:00   Link #477
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruSharky View Post
The ending of the series was riveting, powerful, spine- tingling. I was sad to see it end and perhaps i'm upset over how it ended I'm really not sure. But so many emotions I felt while watching the final episode. Watching light go through a total mental breakdown was amazing.

It was eminent that he was going to lose, if you were paying close attention light seemed to be letting his guard down more and more . He didn't see near as a threat.
I felt that after L died that light started to look like an idiot. Mistake after mistake.

But deathnote really was a fantastic series, probably the best anime i've seen as of yet.
Even still, not seeing him as a threat "mistake after mistake" didn't really play a big role in this, it was ultimately one mistake which led to his downfall.
Old 2009-10-31, 20:37   Link #478
Arina-desu
Alena-chan :)

I didn't kow blood could come out of the body that......spray-like? xD
Old 2010-03-17, 23:16   Link #479
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hah, Mikami's blood was so funny. I mean that stuff frequently happens in anime but whoa did he use a pen?

Anyhow, this was easily one of the best conclusions to a series. Light's pride leading to his downfall and leaving him wondering what he should have done differently to Matsuda's outburst to Ryuk still being a complete asshole til the end. The last arc wasn't the best, but Death Note ended the way it started-- epic. Easy 10/10 episode.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-06-12, 04:09   Link #480
EndingSucked

Tsugumi Ohba has 9 dads
Tsugumi Ohba has 9 dads
Tsugumi Ohba has 9 dads
Tsugumi Ohba has 9 dads
Tsugumi Ohba has 9 dads
Closed Thread