AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-16, 15:58   Link #19081
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Clearly, it means they shouldn't kill Jews unless specifically called to do so by a tree or a rock.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:01   Link #19082
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Clearly, it means they shouldn't kill Jews unless specifically called to do so by a tree or a rock.
but if they listen to a rock or a tree wouldn't that be idolatry?
Old 2012-01-16, 16:02   Link #19083
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Only if they worship the rock or tree.

Of course is is assuming the Jews hide....at present they seem to use tanks, copters, jets, and other weapons to "hide behind". Even if those speak, their missile will still kill the Muslim who tries to carry out the killing.

There use to be a time when the Muslims didn't need to kill Jews. Or at least that was the impression I got. Does it mean all the Jews must die for this event to take place? Does it mean each Muslim needs to kill a Jew, because quite honestly, if that was the case, they are going to need a Jew farm to get enough Jews for everyone. Or is it simply that the Jews must be fought? But that only makes sense on an extremely local level. Though if the Christian's Revelations is close, that would fit the pattern, since petty much the entire context is the destruction of old Cannan and the coming of Bliss at the End Times for the faithful.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-01-16 at 16:12.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:17   Link #19084
sneaker

I knew I've heard that before and it is indeed a quote from the Sahih Muslim, allegedly the words of Muhammad himself.
Old 2012-01-16, 16:54   Link #19085
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
in my experience, anyone crazy enough to expect rocks and trees to tell him what to do, will be crazy enough to actually HEAR them tell him what to do
Old 2012-01-16, 17:15   Link #19086
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Talking trees sounds like one hell of an acid trip. XP
Old 2012-01-16, 17:19   Link #19087
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Hey, I climbed this mountain a while back, and this burning bush ordered me to carve these "rules" into stone. There were like 10 of them and it took me ages. Still the bush said it was god so...
Old 2012-01-16, 18:03   Link #19088
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
in my experience, anyone crazy enough to expect rocks and trees to tell him what to do, will be crazy enough to actually HEAR them tell him what to do
I would rather say than someone crazy enough to hear rocks and trees ordering him to kill someone will do it anyway one day even if the rocks/trees stay silent, the dog next door will order him before.
Old 2012-01-16, 18:18   Link #19089
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Didn't know where to put it, but I guess here would work:
ttp://awabi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/poverty/1326748667/

Not really a "world-wide" news story, but it did make news in Japan, so I guess it qualifies.

Hachima Kikou, one of the two big JP sites for Stealth Marketing and a incredible scumbag, was identified by 2ch. Kind of impressive they managed to get all of the information, from him to his family and how they are all involved.
Just a couple of things Hachima is known to stealth market for is Sony (invited him to dinner) and Hideo Kojima (photo with him, rather modest Tweeting today).
etc. etc.
Anyways, everything is in the link above, so if you have interest in just reading about it, please go on ahead.

But do not go directly to Hachima's website, as that will only increase his access numbers.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2012-01-17, 01:28   Link #19090
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

This is really just sad...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1288795.story

Full video below (WARNING: contains graphic content and inappropriate language, NSFW)
Spoiler for Video:
Old 2012-01-17, 01:34   Link #19091
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
This is really just sad...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,1288795.story

Full video below (WARNING: contains graphic content and inappropriate language, NSFW)
Spoiler for Video:
These "gang thrashings" seem to be on the rise... one could probably spend hours analyzing the driving factors, but it is a shame we don't have a pack of Guardian Angel types to smack the latent cowardice in this sort of bullshit.
Old 2012-01-17, 01:50   Link #19092
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
These "gang thrashings" seem to be on the rise... one could probably spend hours analyzing the driving factors, but it is a shame we don't have a pack of Guardian Angel types to smack the latent cowardice in this sort of bullshit.
the cops needs to check Facebook, if they are stupid enough to film it and put it on YouTube then it is likely it is on Facebook.
Old 2012-01-17, 02:39   Link #19093
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Israel’s Lady Problem

You are (censored) about the wrong things when you read an article about science
Old 2012-01-17, 04:22   Link #19094
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The sutuation seem to be getting out of hand with the Ultra-Orthodox Jews. My question would be, what do they provide for their nation? That is sort of a hypocrite question from me as I'm presently unemployed, but I have worked. A large number of their male population do not work, they do not serve in their military (which if I remember correctly was required service due to the numbers of enemies Israel has verse its population numbers). And they require special treatment (at least for the point of view of the rest of the country). And they are making more of themselves faster than the rest of the country...though that could be a good thing....if their young provide for the nation in the future. It does keep the country from going into a negative population growth like many First World nations in Europe.

There is too much Protestant background...and religous laws defiance in my family background I think. I just can't rationalize certain practises based on tradition if there is no logical reason to keep those practises going (unless those practises are fun of course, because then they provide a reason called enjoyment). I can see some rational ideals about a day of rest because it seems logical that we don't fuction well working long hours all year long without rest. More likely to have an accident due to strain and such. But being forbidden to do work by law is not logical. And I don't mean just a job...anything remotely being considered work. (Though I was told it wasn't the work, it was the act of creation that was forbidden on a day of rest. Thus no starting a fire or turning on an electrical product as that sparks a creation of a flame or a spark...that sort of thing). Times change. Society changes. But I suppose the extreme faithful would believe that changing would result in a breech of contract and thus deny them any rewards later on. Or if they don't believe in personal rewards later on, than the loss of the blessing on their nation, thus inviting the horrors of the world upon them (again). Testing ones faith is one thing...but what some people call many thousands of years of nearly endless torment brought to the faithful and unfaithful alike for the "crimes" of the unfaithful? That seems to be pusing he bounds of faith beyond the personal level. One can be personally faithful without the entire mass of dogma attached to one's faith applied to others. Though I suppose the treatment and view of women in the West is a relative new thing. Not much over a century old, if that, in terms of style of dress and gender relations. But that is a guess.

My grandfather lived for a few years in North Carolina as a government engineer building Veteran's Adminitration Hospitals. Those were the days of the Blue Laws. My grandfather, not being from the area, would take the time on Sunday to mow the lawn. The neighbor told him that they weren't suppose to be doing that in Sundays. My grandfather's response was something to the order of "Well the Lord doesn't stop the grass from growing on Sunday, so I don't think he'd mind me cutting it".

The next weekend his neighbor was cutting the grass on Sunday.
I think the local response would be "Damn Yankee".

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-01-17 at 04:33.
Old 2012-01-17, 07:49   Link #19095
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Wikipedia to be blacked out over anti-piracy bill

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...01-17-06-25-47

EDIT: A text than might interest some , sadly it' in french:
Les guerres de 2012; Dix situations de crise à surveiller de près. Et deux espoirs.
http://www.slate.fr/story/48595/guer...alie#venezuela

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-01-17 at 09:06.
Old 2012-01-17, 09:30   Link #19096
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Hey, I climbed this mountain a while back, and this burning bush ordered me to carve these "rules" into stone. There were like 10 of them and it took me ages. Still the bush said it was god so...
Yeah, really not much different. That's also why I scoff at people calling Mormonism outlandish. Yeah, waaaay more outlandish than all those other Christian denominations...
Old 2012-01-17, 13:00   Link #19097
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Idiots never cease to amaze me.

CNN: “Hollywood Steals Asian Jobs for Whites”
TL @ Sankaku

Maybe we should pass the bill and let these idiots duke it out until the media industry self-destructs out of ambiguity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
Top be honest, I don't see anything wrong with changing the setting of Akira to Manhattan. Makes sense if you're making an american film, to set it in an american city with american actors.

What's this got to do with SOPA though?
this really should be in the new thread.

I agree with Don here. Asian film industry has been doing the same to Western films as well. i remember watching(about 5mins) a (Crappy)remake of Splash and City of Angels set in Hong Kong with Chinese actors.

There is nothing racist about it. Just smart marketing.
Old 2012-01-17, 13:21   Link #19098
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Scientists have figured out the riddle of growing meat in a laboratory and are now just working out how they can make it profitable, it has been claimed.
Some 30 teams around the world are working on growing meat in petri dishes, as investment and research talent is poured into a technology that could solve world hunger.
Produced in huge vats from muscle cells, the ‘meat without slaughter’ would be kinder to the environment than the real thing and reduce animal suffering.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...rofitable.html

BioMeat anyone?
Old 2012-01-17, 13:33   Link #19099
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
BioMeat anyone?
VISCEROIDS! Kill them!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-01-17, 13:37   Link #19100
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

If you look at the processing hamburger meat is put through, I doubt there will be much of a difference in the end product...
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international