AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-10-22, 11:27   Link #1321
JC...
I am a Pie

I started to learn Katakana but even if i was good at it i could only read names. i read crossroad once off of my 00 raiser manual. =D

yes i do like pie.

Last edited by JC...; 2009-10-22 at 11:27. Reason: pie
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 13:13   Link #1322
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
That's actually, a pretty cool idea for a side story.

Perhaps we'll finally see what happens at the Jupiter station.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
*cough* Crossbone Gundam *cough* an average Joe saves the world *cough*
Actually,as far as we know,an average Joe killed everyone after the GN-Drives were completed and launched to Earth.

We also know that they may be some Innovades on the missions,we know that Past Leif have a friend in the Jupiter Mission.

The entire mission takes around 20+ years,so I will be surprised if it would not be part of it even for a bit and for a storyline invovling the origins of one of the most fundamental aspects of the series.
Old 2009-10-22, 13:41   Link #1323
JC...
I am a Pie

[QUOTE=SonicSP;2721673]Actually,as far as we know,an average Joe killed everyone after the GN-Drives were completed and launched to Earth.QUOTE]

Was that the same guy that crashed the ship into jupiter?

Where do people read these side stories? I've read odd bits and pieces about them i've read volume 1 +2 of 00F scanlated but I can't seem to find the new ones OOI ect. i'm gonna buy the
00Fs though.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 15:40   Link #1324
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

[QUOTE=JC...;2721719]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Actually,as far as we know,an average Joe killed everyone after the GN-Drives were completed and launched to Earth.QUOTE]

Was that the same guy that crashed the ship into jupiter?

Where do people read these side stories? I've read odd bits and pieces about them i've read volume 1 +2 of 00F scanlated but I can't seem to find the new ones OOI ect. i'm gonna buy the
00Fs though.
That's basically who I'm talking about,the guy that tried to "crash" the ship to Jupiter.From what I know,we dont know how sucessful he is in that department since we see a a damaged broken Jupiter space station/ship in S1-18 that has the body of a dead scientist as well as a purple Haro,the ship that was discovered by Alejandro's ancestors.The possibility that it is a different ship is there of course.

I dont think we're allowed to say where to get them.00F Volume 1 is a dissapointmewnt but Volume 2 was alot better.But I think I like 00P is better,especially in the mechanics department.

But 00F Volume does a good job of explaining what exactly did Ribbons meant in S1-23 when he said "The Meister's data was deleted from Veda" when the Trans-Am was unlocked and how significant this was for Celestial Being,logistics wise,and also showed us that CB has one working Veda terminal left with limited functions.

00I isnt out in any English form whatsoever at the moment.

The novels are hard to get any translated info from,but the GN-Drive story that I mentioned above came from one of the,S1 Vovel 2 if I'm not mistaken.
Old 2009-10-22, 17:44   Link #1325
Hellbore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well... the 0 Gundam was the GN-000. Makes sense for the 1 Gundam to be CBY-001. And to me, that Y indicates it being another second-generation machine, like the GN-Cannon.
Still doesn't explain why the GN Cannon is 077, in-universe that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Well, kouryakukan has updated, but this time I won't work on it because I have a strong hunch GH will do it anyway :P In the last part of 00P, Beside Pain tried to "install" data into Grave (yes, he's alive for a while) in order to defeat him in the fight. But Grave is not linked to Veda, this does not work, and he defeats Beside in Rasiel. Beside tries to install himself to another body but failed halfway. And I guess that's how Leif happened.
Wait, what happened to Meister 874 and the Artemie?

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 17:53   Link #1326
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Haro
Source

Imma go back over this after a nap because I’m not very awake and have the distinct feeling that it might make more sense after I get some sleep.

00I
#I04 “Gundam”

Lyle makes an appearance at the beginning of this month’s story.
He was among the prisoners released at the same time Allelujah was rescued in episode 3 {holy damn wat}
In the moment Lars was trying to shoot an Innovade, he shot and stopped {??? maybe I’m just not getting it because I’m not totally awake, I’ll look at it again later, I think there’s something funky going on here subject-wise, or I’m missing other meaning of 止める that should be obvious}

The scene changed and Leif was having a nightmare. {p. sure 地面 is a typo}
In his dream, Gundam Rasiel and 1 Gundam were fighting.
Grave and an Innovade who looked like Leif (Beside Pain) were piloting each of the Gundams.
Leif woke up when the machine(s) blew up.
*Linked to this month’s 00P

Leif talked to Dr. Terishia {sp} about the contents of his dream.
The doctor told him, “Even if that was your past, you weren’t yourself back then. But, essentially, your memories shouldn’t be able to transfer.”
“(Innovade’s) individual bodies last a long time so they can be recycled quite a few times.
The purpose/use* of the Innovades, is most likely that because Veda does not understand human nature, as a computer terminal, it sought only what was most efficient,” the doctor continued {*I think 仕様 is a typo for 使用 but I could be wrong, I just don’t really get how 仕様 works and it’s read the same as 使用 which does make sense, to me at least… so I don’t know}
But, after Leif and the Innovades they were searching for awakened, they would not be recalled.
This differed completely from how (Innovade) recycling [worked] up until this point.
Leif wondered if assembling 6 comrades [had anything to do with] guiding the Innovades to the next step.
“Because all Innovades are just reiterated like computer terminals [over and over], if I/we could be set free, that’s something I’d like to accomplish.
And then a world where humans and Innovades can coexist [will be born].
If we of all people don’t believe in that hope…”

The scene changes to Lars staring at a campfire in the middle of the forest.
In the past, Lars had slaughtered the combat Innovades who had appeared before the tomb of his wife, who they had killed with their own hands, with a knife.
And so, Lars targeted those he knew were Innovades by their faces, without differentiating between Innovades like Leif.
But, Lars was identified by Leif as one of the 6.
For that reason, he set his sights on the Doctor who hadn’t been a target (because of his physical appearance).

Leif himself didn’t know why Lars had been selected as one of the six.
Brun, who had regained consciousness, addressed to him via QBW.
Brun spoke. I was awoken by Terishia’s specialized quantum communication ability. And I can feel that power faintly calling out to Leif.

The scene changes to Katharon’s hideout. There, the doctor found an 874 type Innovade. And he met a “female type” Innovade like himself, Through Suruuzu. {I think this 自分と同じ isn’t implying that the doctor is also a female type Innovade, but that the female type Innovade is the same model as him like Revive and Anew; also not sure on the second part of the name, all I could find with that spelling of kana was a norse god, but I don’t think that’s what it is}
The doctor stiffened up.

The scene returns to Brun and Leif.
Brun sends Leif a single vision.
“This is….an enormous sealed power”
The image was of 1 Gundam from Leif’s dream.
Continued next issue.
Source

Well......that's a handful.
Old 2009-10-22, 18:32   Link #1327
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Source

Well......that's a handful.
I think GH might really be half asleep translating that... the first paragraph only has two sentences, with the second phrase linking to the third, not the first. Lyle was not a prisoner, it was referring to other Innovades who are prisoners.

That paragraph rouhgly said that Lyle was in the story. When the Innovade prisoners (same episode as Alle's rescue episode) were about to be shot by Lars, Lyle stopped it by sniping him.

EDIT: Ah, it appears GH has updated it a bit... Please check back on her website.

EDIT EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbore View Post
Wait, what happened to Meister 874 and the Artemie?
Her machine got wrecked, but was rescued in the nick of time by Grave

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2009-10-22 at 22:13.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 00:43   Link #1328
furato
Chronic Googler

Lyle sniped Lars... from Cherudim? So, did he miss, missed on purpose, or Lars is just too damn strong such that being sniped from a giant robot doesn't kill him?

Through Suruuzu
スルー・スルーズ

Through Truth? True Truth? 00I names make 00 names look normal in comparison.
furato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 00:59   Link #1329
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by furato View Post
Lyle sniped Lars... from Cherudim? So, did he miss, missed on purpose, or Lars is just too damn strong such that being sniped from a giant robot doesn't kill him?
Maybe he sniped with a regular sniper rifle, and hit the gun of Lars. Maybe? Well this kind of thing should be illustrated :P
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 04:00   Link #1330
calubin_175

So could Leif have been one of the GN Cannon pilots that had received half of Beside's data? Or could that Innovade pilot have been reprogrammed or cloned again?
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 04:23   Link #1331
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I am so confused after reading all that text....
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 06:26   Link #1332
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
same here!
Old 2009-10-23, 06:50   Link #1333
Hellbore

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
So could Leif have been one of the GN Cannon pilots that had received half of Beside's data? Or could that Innovade pilot have been reprogrammed or cloned again?
No, Leif was a second body that Beside was cloned into. The GN Cannon pilot that Beside tried to switch to was killed by Grave and the Sefer Rasiel with some amount of Beside's data, which is why Leif has no real memory of being Beside Pain.

EDIT: Interestingly, the Sefer Rasiel Grave is piloting is running on a GN Condeser, not the last GN Drive. It seems that that last one is being used by Nadleeh/Virtue, which screws up 874's Trial Field, as Tieria overrides her access.

On Compromise: Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Last edited by Hellbore; 2009-10-23 at 08:09.
Hellbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 08:36   Link #1334
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

00P Last Chapter Friend:

http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpres...-s2-25-friend/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Haro
00P #25 “FRIEND”

Chall was crushed by sadness upon learning of Grave’s “record erasure” {idk, haven’t been keeping up with 00P enough, so the term might not make sense}
From Chall’s personal computer terminal, data on “Fon Spark,” who Grave was proposing to scout, was sent to Veda.
Seeing that, Chall made the best use of what Grave had left behind for her. She decided to make Fon Spark a comrade and continue moving forward.

Elsewhere, in the void of space, the battle between Beside Pain in 1 Gundam along with his support units and Meister 874 in Gundam Artemie continued.
But, in a three-on-one battle, Artemie was accumulating damage bit by bit.
847’s cockpit was struck with a beam, when 874 resolved to “hit” as well, a GN Beam Shield protected 874 from the beam aimed at her.
Gundam Rasiel had forced it’s way through [the fray].

Rasiel was being piloted by a “revived” Grave.
Realizing that Grave was “not human,” Moreno treated him swiftly, along with support from Ian.
Grave’s brainwaves had already stopped, but after a short time he was revived.
But, because the bullet Grave was shot with had been laced with cell-destroying nanomachines, Grave could only stay alive for about 30 minutes.
Using that time, Grave decided to sortie in Gundam Rasiel’s second form using a condenser to help 874.
“Doctor, Ian. I’m grateful to both of you.
I would have died after a few minutes.
But before that happened, I was granted a reprieve to complete my final duty.
Compared to my entire life up until now, these fleeting minutes are most precious.”
Ian and Moreno saw Grave off as he thanked them simply with a big nod.

Seeing Rasiel, Beside was thrown into chaos.
Grave advocated that he stop what he was doing.
“Someone who escaped death has….!” Beside rejected the recommendation.
Before Beside, Rasiel quickly discarded it’s weapons, and lowered the machine onto an asteroid. {there are like three をs in this sentence D: }
Grave was trying to provoke him.
Graves actions made Beside completely lose his composure.
The fundamental characteristic of Beside’s personality was that he “loathed his plans going awry.” Because a course of action had been established, but Grave, who should have been eliminated, was still hanging around, everything was screwed up.

Taken in by Rasiel’s provocation, Beside drew near.
In order to conserve particles, Grave waited until the last moment to draw his beam saber.
In the instant the two Gundams came into contact, Beside’s special ability was put into effect.
“Install!”
The ability was that Beside’s restricted/limited personal data can be forced upon and overwrite any Innovade linked with Veda. {限定的な個人データ not totally sure about that adjective, I kind of think it’s something like a limited portion/version of Beside’s personal data can be used to overwrite other Innovades, but idk}
But, because Grave had his “record erased,” and was released from his Veda link, this technique was useless.
Grave tore 1 Gundam to pieces.

Beside quickly transfered all of his personal data to one of the Innovades piloting his support units with the same base pattern.
But, the cockpit was destroyed mid-transfer, and the data that made Beside an individual was mostly lost, and disappeared.

20 minutes had elapsed since Gundam Rasiel sortied.
Grave didn’t even have 5 minutes left.
In the end, Grave sent a voice-only transmission to Hixar.
Hixar was lying on the bed in his room, but his eyes were not focused on anything.

Grave spoke, intentionally not naming himself.
He reported the progress of the battle in a business-like manner. He let emotion slip into the last words.

“So… Stand up and live.”

Then, these last words revived Hixar, and it was determined that he would work for the plan.

Rasiel, having exhausted all of it’s particles, and Grave, having finished all his duties, quietly began a journey into the abyss.

A record of a civil war from Veda.
Grave is dead. All of [his?] actions were overlooked.
Upon being equipped with an anti-treachery explosive, Hixar [became?] a private Veda agent {I think?}
As for Meister 874, under the saboteur to Aeolia’s plan, she caused the conflict of her own accord, but no evidence was found. {er… I’m really not sure if that makes any sense, this last chunk is confusing}
Taking responsibility for the civil war, she was sealed into a restricted-function terminal and assigned to Fershette.
Beside Pain’s sub-body had a new personality written to it, and became an observation Innovade.

To Be Continued GUNDAM00&00F、OOI、OOV
I really am curious to seeing that Beam Shield that protected 874.It may be the only description of a beam shield used out of the 3 units that we now know that possess it.

Interestingly,Besides's ability reminds me a bit of Ribbons ability to transfer bodies.And they do share the same base pattern,so that's pretty interesting to note,and the GN Cannon pilots were other Innovades who share the same Base Pattern with him.

I wonder if this ability allows one to semi control an individual as well,with a semi re-write,like Ribbons did with Anew for a short while,heh and maybe the Purple Haro as well?

I'm guessing 874' body became Hanaya later???

Last edited by SonicSP; 2009-10-23 at 09:06.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 20:51   Link #1335
solidvanz
Special Operative

Spoiler for Better picture of 1 Gundam:
Old 2009-10-23, 21:12   Link #1336
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Nice looking Gundam. I wish that can be animated..

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 21:21   Link #1337
kakakka

There was Reborns Gundam....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 21:22   Link #1338
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I just now realize that the 1 Gundam is really nothing more than an upgraded 0 Gundam. 0 Gundam just had a beam rifle and beam saber; 1 Gundam has a better beam rifle and 2 beam sabers.
Old 2009-10-23, 21:24   Link #1339
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

They should've just went and overhaul the original 0 Gundam.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 21:25   Link #1340
kakakka

No Shield and Wings of Light though...

Wings of Light can be discarded I guess, but the shield might be a big help for this guy. Of course, unless it can GN Field.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote