AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-08-25, 00:00   Link #21
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Currently playing Breath of Fire IV. It's hardly my favorite from the series, but I decided to play it again just for the heck of it.
Tell me more about it?

I'm replaying some PS1 games, and I've put in 20 hours into BOF IV before, maybe about 5-6 years ago. When it first came out, anyways. I don't remember much of it.. is it good? Well, good enough to warrant a play? Recommendations?

I've played BOF V: Dragon Quarter, by the way. Thought it was a brilliant little gem.. but that's just me ; )
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 01:25   Link #22
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Diablo II If you don't already know what this game's about than I really can't help you... Playing a necro on US West Level 59 as of last play...

I'm also playing: Guitar Hero (and I suck major hardcore, but I keep on practicing), GTA: San Andreas for like the 4th time..., and a little Soul Calibur 3. All of these on the PS2 of course...
Old 2006-08-25, 03:44   Link #23
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

Oh really now.
Playing a little psone game called Hoshigami. Strategy RPG, I'm having great fun with it. The battle system, as far as I've gotten, seems to have such amazing possibilities, and the enemies are relentless, which is a great plus for me. Been looking for a challenge after playing Indigo Prophecy and Suikoden V (again).
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 04:16   Link #24
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Guild Wars. No online RPG/MMORPG can really come close to this games awesome depth in pvp, combat and tactic. Incredible balanced and tactical, and yet totally fast paced, frantic and insane

It's the greatessssssttt

Can't wait for Nightfall; http://youtube.com/watch?v=8mjPJ9QIbxk
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 08:24   Link #25
arias

I've just finished Final Fantasy Tactics. Stayed up all night to finish it in one go. All I have to say.. is that the plot was very ambitious, and I managed to keep track of the most important threads, especially character relationships. And it was bloody brilliant. There's a distinct Shakespearan influence on the penning of the drama, and the game is gripping until the very end. I'm very impressed.

I probably wouldn't have understood it as well if I played it nearly 10 years ago (~1997) when it was released.

Ah. What a game.
Old 2006-08-25, 08:46   Link #26
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedukshun
and abit of habbohotel <--ahahah
Is the pool still closed due to AIDS?
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 12:51   Link #27
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Tell me more about it?

I'm replaying some PS1 games, and I've put in 20 hours into BOF IV before, maybe about 5-6 years ago. When it first came out, anyways. I don't remember much of it.. is it good? Well, good enough to warrant a play? Recommendations?
Hmmmmn.... lets see.

-I like the combo system a lot (combining spells + skills + other combos to create more powerful attacks is always nice ) it just a shame that combinations sometimes fail.

-The story is pretty avarage as far as japanese RPG's are concerned. It would have been nice if you could play as Fou-lu a bit more. The ending is pretty bad and lame, IMHO.

-I hate the dragon system a lot. The one from BoF III was so much better; You only get one dragon form that gets different abilities depending on what "beast" you 'may' want to summon.

And I say "beast" because the game's definition of dragon is a little off. Worms, Whales, Knights, etc. If it's big, the characters refer to them as dragons. The summons animations are also among the worst I have ever since.

-The fishing mini-game is nowhere near as good as the one in 3. You can no longer see all the fish in the water and the ones you get to see all have the same shape(extremely based on luck this time around); Still fun to play though.

-I like the characters designs a lot, but I have heard many complains from other people in this regard. I am pretty sure you still remember them. By the way, Ursula reminds me of Chun-lee (Street Fighter)

At the end of the day, I'll say that BoF IV is an OK game that helps you kill time while you wait for the good ones to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I've played BOF V: Dragon Quarter, by the way. Thought it was a brilliant little gem.. but that's just me ; )
Me too. It's not just my favorite game in the series, but also one of the best RPG I have ever played.

Shame Ryu only has one dragon form though.
Old 2006-08-25, 13:23   Link #28
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Currently Play Persona 3

Finished Xenosaga 3 2 Times... One with Normal Clothes, Other with Swimsuit Mode
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 13:26   Link #29
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Currently playing Dead Rising for the X-box360 to get as many achievements as I can. It's more fun than I originally thought it would be.

My list of games that I need to get back to sometime are Sakura Taisen V,Final Fantasy X-2(I only beat it once and It was the normal ending.),and Skies of Arcadia:Legends.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 16:40   Link #30
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

I have a ton of games I still need to finish some time, and I even have a stack of games
still in original shrinkwrap.

What I'm playing currently however are:

DS) Final Fantasy I & II (currently about 7 hours in FF1)
I usually don't like high-random encounters and little story, but somehow FF1 keeps me playing.

PS2) Xenosaga (restarted from scratch again - got stuck near the end before)
One other game I recently finished for PS2 was Phantom Brave

PC) Galactic Civilizations 2 (though it's getting a little boring now)
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 16:57   Link #31
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
In anticipation of Xenosaga III, I went back and played though I and II again. Playing Xenogears for the fifth time because it... its Xenogears. Also practicing my drifting in GT4 to no avail.
Old 2006-08-25, 20:11   Link #32
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i play world of warcraft ~ i guess its not popular around here well currently enjoying killing dumb allies across servers on my lock and after going to BWL to kill nef (high endgame boss)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 22:22   Link #33
sukreih
okusenman!okusenman!

Tokemeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Kiss!!
Konami simply rocks in renai simulation games..
sukreih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-25, 22:33   Link #34
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
tokobot
monster hunting
animal crossing
Super mario bro.
Brain age
Viewtiful joe
lost in blue
Kirby

yeah ,mobile gaming, dont have the time for any pc/home console games these days....
Old 2006-08-26, 02:01   Link #35
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
At the end of the day, I'll say that BoF IV is an OK game that helps you kill time while you wait for the good ones to arrive.

[...]

Me too. It's not just my favorite game in the series, but also one of the best RPG I have ever played.

Shame Ryu only has one dragon form though.
Gah. And I was hoping it was going to be a good game! I guess I won't be playing it anytime soon then.. I don't want to waste my limited time. I'll now have to choose between Kartia, Front Mission 3, Vagrant Story and Saga Frontier 2 for my next game on my retro adventure.. : B

It's a shame that BOF V didn't get more acclaim and sales, although perhaps its understanding when you see that it's a rather simple and bareboned game. It has a certain amount of polish, but it's quite obvious that it didn't have too big of a production budget. Still, the aim of the game is quite simple, although it seems that you have to play it twice to really get the full picture of things. And when you do, it's quite fascinating! It's also a rather challenging game. Loved it though.
Old 2006-08-26, 02:19   Link #36
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Currently
Tales of Symphonia
Soon to take over my life
Disgaea 2^^
Old 2006-08-26, 05:53   Link #37
Zeifear

Well, now I feel like playing some oldies again. (Especially the Lunar series ^^)

ANYWAYS!

I'm playing Steambot Chronicles, which is pretty good though nothing fantastic, Growlanser 3 (Just finished 2), which is far better then 2 IMO (Although I usually don't like random battles that much), and Monster Hunter (For PS2).

Games waiting for me to play....Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Drakengard 2, Radiata Stories, Atelier Iris 1&2, Digital Devil Saga 1&2 (As soon as I get them anyways), and Xenosaga 2.
Zeifear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-28, 04:04   Link #38
arias

Holy shit.

http://www.ffxii.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=7015

Yasumi Matsuno (Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story & FF XII) has left Square-Enix! His supposed illness seems to be a cover-up for his actual leaving the company. What a shame, the man is a genius. I'll follow his works wherever he's going; that's for sure. The minus is that at Squeenix, he had a massive budget and production crew upon which to build a highly polished game.. I'm not sure that he'll have that sort of freedom and resources at another company. But I have faith in YAZZ. Looking forward to his next work for sure.

From that thread, rumours are that he's joined Mistwalker. Fuck no.. it's a company that is, so far, only developing games for the X360, which I will most probably not get. I hope the news clears up soon..
Old 2006-08-28, 11:13   Link #39
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Leaving WoW after realizing that you can only ever "lose" at it, I got hooked on EVE, and I'm having a blast, since I can actually make a considerable difference to the experience's of others, for better and worse.

Cheers.
Old 2006-08-28, 13:10   Link #40
Zeifear

Ah, Eve. That reminds me, I still have an old account on it, if anyone wants it just ask me, I'll never play it again.
Zeifear is offline   Reply With Quote