AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-05, 23:13   Link #61
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
they better have NO connection, otherwise it would suck to have (again) some reincarnation theory or something.

Besides, as Ganju would say, Shiba Kaien is a bit too chummy (same goes for Kuukaku and Ganju). Ichigo is (was) rather solitary and not that talkative.
Who said it's another reincarnation twist.(Well, most likey it is) but it would be kinda stupid if it was "They look the same. End of story"
Old 2007-02-06, 04:08   Link #62
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodymix View Post
Who said it's another reincarnation twist.(Well, most likey it is) but it would be kinda stupid if it was "They look the same. End of story"

They don't look really the same to me : only the haircut.
As for the personnality (the big mouth), Renji is pretty the same. You can add other shinigami as well.
Anyway, as long as it is not some reincarnation twist as you said
Old 2007-02-06, 04:24   Link #63
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Quote:
As for the personnality (the big mouth), Renji is pretty the same. You can add other shinigami as well.
Haha, mst likey it is tho
Old 2007-02-06, 05:33   Link #64
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
They look quite similar to me. The only differences between them are the color of their hair and the scrunchiness of their eyebrows. (Ichigo has brow wrinkles and Kaien does not.)

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-02-06, 16:27   Link #65
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

I do think ichigo may really be the reincarnation of kaien. i mean it does explain why they look so alike and why he has a hollow inside him *who, notably doesn't know who or what he is - as shown during his fight with Byakuka (spell?) *

and kaien did say to rukia, as long as she is in this squad, he is on her side until death and beyond, and we are now in the 'beyond' bit. ^_<

I know this is all just theory, and there is absolutely no evidence one way or the other, just 'suggestions' left behind by the author, but it does make a lot of sense.

It also sort of reminds me of karma, aizen started his own downfall when he attempted deathgodlization of hollows and then released it, who got into kaien, and now its all coming back to him with a bite as now ichigo & the hollow can now properly join and thus become vastly more powerful.

ok, i think i chattered on long enough, i will end it there. lol
Old 2007-02-06, 16:27   Link #66
Melodymix
Ying Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
They look quite similar to me. The only differences between them are the color of their hair and the scrunchiness of their eyebrows. (Ichigo has brow wrinkles and Kaien does not.)
Yea, plus unlike Detictive Conan, or Inuyasha the characters aren't drawn so similar. Like having the same eyes or face shape etc.
but to me Kaien looks more similar to Hisagi from 9th Squad(only his hair) lol
Old 2007-02-06, 18:28   Link #67
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Kaien reincarnated is Ichigo IMO but I dont like jumping to conclusions and I am indiffrent on this . Kaien is a too minor character to bother about . Still here are the three reasons to justify or my observations

- Rukia's first love is Kaien ( Renji = 2nd love lit translation ) . So it indirectly supports IchigoXRukia

- Similarities Physically

- Similarities Behaviour / Mannerism

* If someone wants to debunk this feel free to , as I said Kaien is a minor chracter and I really dont care

EDIT :
Spoiler for Renji Name Traslation:
Old 2007-02-06, 19:00   Link #68
cellardoor
Untitled 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
- Rukia's first love is Kaien ( Renji = 2nd love lit translation ) . So it indirectly supports IchigoXRukia
rukia and renji barely saw each other after rukia was adopted which means, if there was a love btw rukia and renji, renji must be first by chronology.
Old 2007-02-06, 19:06   Link #69
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellardoor View Post
rukia and renji barely saw each other after rukia was adopted which means, if there was a love btw rukia and renji, renji must be first by chronology.
Rukia and Renji were buddies as kids , eventhough love blossomed it would be trivial/ignored as their main aim was to survive at first then to become shinigami . There is a saying after sepration you dicover how much that person meant to you ( adoption ). So both didnt undertsand their relationship ( love ) till they were distanced by society and etiquette revovling Nobility .

Its confirmed renji loves Rukia but not vice versa . If you could take Rukia's behavioural pattern towards Renji as evidence then yes
Old 2007-02-06, 19:18   Link #70
cellardoor
Untitled 1

Quote:
Rukia and Renji were buddies as kids , eventhough love blossomed it would be trivial/ignored as their main aim was to survive at first then to become shinigami . There is a saying after sepration you dicover how much that person meant to you ( adoption ). So both didnt undertsand their relationship ( love ) till they were distanced by society and etiquette revovling Nobility .

Its confirmed renji loves Rukia but not vice versa . If you could take Rukia's behavioural pattern towards Renji as evidence then yes
IMHO, it doesnt seem like rukia was in love with renji or kaien but what i mentioned in the previous post is order of the dates. anyway, it is not such a big deal
Old 2007-02-06, 19:22   Link #71
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellardoor View Post
IMHO, it doesnt seem like rukia was in love with renji or kaien but what i mentioned in the previous post is order of the dates. anyway, it is not such a big deal
IMO Actually Rukia was in love with Kaien ( Yeah I know Kaien , she could have done better ) . Didnt you not notice those big purple fangirl eyes staring at every little thing Kaine did with admiration . She kept her feelings locked inside her or refused to accept them simply coz Kaien was married
Old 2007-02-06, 19:36   Link #72
cellardoor
Untitled 1

Quote:
IMO Actually Rukia was in love with Kaien ( Yeah I know Kaien , she could have done better ) . Didnt you not notice those big purple fangirl eyes staring at every little thing Kaine did with admiration . She kept her feelings locked inside her or refused to accept them simply coz Kaien was married
there is that possibility but it seems to me like it was an admiration, or kind of childish love which we have for teachers( i don't know if you have fallen for a teacher in the school but i actually had one ) or like that. i saw that looks and that fangirl eyes and doubt it is love. and i dont know the answer but more likely a childish crush IMHO
Old 2007-02-06, 19:37   Link #73
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I would define it as ' Puppy Love ' but love none the less isnt it ?
Old 2007-02-06, 19:43   Link #74
cellardoor
Untitled 1

Quote:
I would define it as ' Puppy Love ' but love none the less isnt it ?
i'm sorry, i'd rather not to call it love it makes me feel a little bit stupid

btw, not to be off topic, i dont think ichigo is reincarnation of kaien, i feel like ichigo should be more special. there should be a satisfying explanation of his incredible reiatsu.
Old 2007-02-06, 19:57   Link #75
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellardoor
there should be a satisfying explanation of his incredible reiatsu.
There is , we here have a thoery
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2007-02-06, 20:47   Link #76
kagato3

My pet theroy is that Isshin, and by extention Ichigo, are part of the shiba clan,(perhaps Kaien's elder brother, cousin or uncle) who was in part responsable for the down fall of his clan, possably a frame up by a slick VC in glasses that has the power to make illusions. Kuukaku's "debt" to Uruhara is that she helped Isshin escape.

The main reason I don't like the reincarnation theroies is that all of them seem to have a major timeing issue. I'm fairly sure that Kaien's death happend at least 30 if not almost 45 years ago due to Ganju's ageing. I can't think of anyone from SS that has aged faster then 1 year for every 10, and Ganju has looked to have aged around 4 to 5 years from Kaien's death.
Old 2007-02-07, 07:55   Link #77
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't think Rukia ever loved Kaien. She admired him, and probably liked him more than the others, since he treated her normal, but it wasn't love.

Though persoally I don't like the reincarnation theory, I have to say that it isn't really a good argument, since we don't know how long it takes for someone to get reborn. Maybe it really takes 30 years for the soul to be reborn, maybe it happens instantly, we just don't know.
True, but it just doesn't feel right to me.
Old 2007-02-08, 18:44   Link #78
Dracil
Yama

Latest manga chapter
Spoiler:
Old 2007-02-09, 19:13   Link #79
evenex

Spoiler for the latest manga chapter:

Last edited by Hellychan; 2007-02-10 at 16:48. Reason: Don't forget to use spoiler tag! Remember there are people who don't follow the manga and who are browsing here!
Old 2007-02-10, 05:09   Link #80
Elegant Destruction
Philosophical as Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenex View Post
Spoiler for the latest manga chapter:
Oh MY God.... *in total shock*
Closed Thread