AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-03-15, 19:16   Link #6141
incko

oh status update on WH homepage!
incko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 22:44   Link #6142
OmegaRed
Envoy of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by incko View Post
oh status update on WH homepage!
Is that so? I don't see anything new. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
OmegaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 22:47   Link #6143
naikou
Slashy Slashy!

It's on the news page.

Quote:
Episode 8
Translation: 45%
Editing: 15%
Picture Editing: 15%
naikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 02:51   Link #6144
legomaple

I kinda hate the policy of Witch Hunt, cause I always want newsXD. But I suppose 45% is good news enough
legomaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 13:31   Link #6145
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

well just think, posting the news takes some time to estimate where they are and apparently with ep8 that might be hard.. wouldnt you prefer witch-hunt to be working on the translation or finishing up their personal affairs to deducing the place theyr at in the translation? of course they could always make an estimated guess and post it in no time at all
Old 2011-03-16, 14:59   Link #6146
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
It depends on how they have their system set up. For example, I've written some code that will count out what percent of the raw text of Never 7 has been translated.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 17:05   Link #6147
legomaple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
well just think, posting the news takes some time to estimate where they are and apparently with ep8 that might be hard.. wouldnt you prefer witch-hunt to be working on the translation or finishing up their personal affairs to deducing the place theyr at in the translation? of course they could always make an estimated guess and post it in no time at all
well, im the kind of person who wants news about something, or otherwise he thinks that project is dead. That is just my way of thinking. Of course I know WH is not that, but still.
Old 2011-03-16, 17:38   Link #6148
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Well thats definitly the case with other groups but witch-hunt is pretty damned active compared to about every other vn translation group I've come across
Old 2011-03-17, 16:43   Link #6149
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

I check this thread at least 3 times a day, even though I very well KNOW not to expect anything till June/July. Given the source material and their completeness of translation, anything earlier is asking too much.
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 17:32   Link #6150
legomaple

i just realised something... Has there always been picture editing?
Old 2011-03-17, 17:33   Link #6151
moichispa
Endless witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by legomaple View Post
I think this time is the first one
Old 2011-03-17, 18:20   Link #6152
naths

Quote:
Yes, all the character profiles, tips and Grimoires are pictures, and there is also some pictures with text in the game, like the Siesta Sisters lines of commands or that epitaph stuff in EP7.
naths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 18:38   Link #6153
Madman6510
Child of Man

Because they've bothered to list the image editing as part of the status, we can assume there's a bit more work to be done there on previous releases, I would guess.

Quote:
well, im the kind of person who wants news about something, or otherwise he thinks that project is dead. That is just my way of thinking. Of course I know WH is not that, but still.
When I follow a project, I usually consider it dead after one full year of non-updates. Some projects can be pretty damn slow on their status updates (Infinity: Quest for Earth, *cough*Higurashi translation*cough*).
Madman6510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 18:56   Link #6154
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

thats why i support the mangagamer release of higurashi ^_^ they pumped it out before I even thought to check up on it
Old 2011-03-17, 19:12   Link #6155
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I wonder how you can expect, for instance, ending scroll being clean in English without any picture editing. That's a bit hard considering the drastic difference in term of space used by English language compared to Japanese.

This issue is even more obvious with bios, taking sometimes twice/thrice the number of pages.
Please compare the original and our own pictures.
At least, it seems the edited images looks genuine enough to fool people.

By the way, for those who don't know and are going to the belgian convention Made In Asia (starring big shots like Watsuki Nobuhiro and Kanno Hiroki) this week end, I will have a booth at A1, presenting VN and 07th expansion series. Of course, few contests with some goods, and probably other stuff (ougon showtime I guess).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-03-17 at 19:25.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 20:08   Link #6156
legomaple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I wonder how you can expect, for instance, ending scroll being clean in English without any picture editing. That's a bit hard considering the drastic difference in term of space used by English language compared to Japanese.

This issue is even more obvious with bios, taking sometimes twice/thrice the number of pages.
Please compare the original and our own pictures.
At least, it seems the edited images looks genuine enough to fool people.

By the way, for those who don't know and are going to the belgian convention Made In Asia (starring big shots like Watsuki Nobuhiro and Kanno Hiroki) this week end, I will have a booth at A1, presenting VN and 07th expansion series. Of course, few contests with some goods, and probably other stuff (ougon showtime I guess).
Yeah, that was stupid of me.

And, GAH, i should have gone there. I was stupid not trying to get tickets. BAKA ME!
Old 2011-03-18, 05:48   Link #6157
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
The editted images really did fool me, actually. :LL
Take as long as you need, just use haste~(that makes no sense)
Old 2011-03-19, 09:01   Link #6158
seaburntd

Hi, I too have been following the progress of ep 8 in rapt detail, but I too would like to know how likely it is that the legal download ep 7 would work for the ep 8 patch (or I suppose more likely how the ep 6 download worked for ep 7 patch) for windows 7 to know whether I should just wait for ep 8 download or more advantageously get 7 now and start playing through 5-7, which by then should have 8 out. But would rather not pay for the download twice. Or should I just order 8 from AmiAmi.
I've been playing Clannad since finishing umi 1-4, and just started After Story, but I also have in my queue: higu 5-8, kirakira, and da capo, so it's not like i'm in want of a VN to tide me over but am most interested in resuming umi and wish to see how feasible this option might be

Last edited by seaburntd; 2011-03-19 at 12:20.
seaburntd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 01:35   Link #6159
Kudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaburntd View Post
Hi, I too have been following the progress of ep 8 in rapt detail, but I too would like to know how likely it is that the legal download ep 7 would work for the ep 8 patch (or I suppose more likely how the ep 6 download worked for ep 7 patch) for windows 7 to know whether I should just wait for ep 8 download or more advantageously get 7 now and start playing through 5-7, which by then should have 8 out. But would rather not pay for the download twice. Or should I just order 8 from AmiAmi.
I've been playing Clannad since finishing umi 1-4, and just started After Story, but I also have in my queue: higu 5-8, kirakira, and da capo, so it's not like i'm in want of a VN to tide me over but am most interested in resuming umi and wish to see how feasible this option might be
Financially and strategically, I'd get Episode 8 now. If you look back on some of the other pages, there have been plenty of reports that the current Episode 7 patch (not the installer one) works perfectly fine with Episode 8. I myself have actually finished Episodes 5-7 this way. However, I am running Windows XP, so I'm not too sure on any specifics that may differ when trying this on Windows 7.

Additionally: if the EP7 patch doesn't work, you can just delete it and wait for the EP8 patch while having Episode 8 itself ready for the day the patch is complete.
Kudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 08:18   Link #6160
seaburntd

Thanks for the reply, and yeah I had considered that, but then I suppose it ultimately comes to this: wait a month or so for the retail price download (sans shipping) or plunk down an extra 7ish bucks for shipping to get it now.
Actually I got ep 4 from ami, which ended up being a little cheaper thanks to the 15% off promotion for selecting the newly added SAL small packet method
seaburntd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation