Notices

Old 2010-10-09, 13:26   Link #541
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEE View Post
I'm hoping for something as great as eureka 7
You are hoping for a wimp like Renton and a story that makes no sense, has whacky mecha and a rushed ending?

Welcome to the right place.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:50   Link #542
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
You are hoping for a wimp like Renton and a story that makes no sense, has whacky mecha and a rushed ending?

I guess you came to the wrong place if you found Eureka 7 making no sense and have a rushed ending.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 15:13   Link #543
Renya

love this series so much
love the soundtrack a lot as well.

Wondering anyone know the release date for the soundtrack?
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 17:55   Link #544
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renya View Post
Wondering anyone know the release date for the soundtrack?
Nothing official has been said yet, so no. Would be a while before we see a release i'm guessing.
Old 2010-10-09, 18:27   Link #545
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I guess you came to the wrong place if you found Eureka 7 making no sense and have a rushed ending.
There was one major plothole that does stick out to me but other than that I think the entire show was absolutely fantastic so I certainly hope it's like E7.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 20:28   Link #546
VEE

Send a message via MSN to VEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post

No doubt he is a wimp- but shoji kawamori was indeed the famous mecha designer. I can't say that it's whacky.
I mean why not if we're seeing E7 element, in a different way.- example like good BGM.
VEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 23:34   Link #547
OkamiNoKaze

As already stated, Episode 1 was FABUUULOUS!! I think he looks like Yugi, when he's transformed. I also dug the rainbow font, the fansubber used for the opening sequence, it fit nicely with the colors of the scene. The insert song was pretty cool. The only thing that kind of bugs me is the long necks, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in a couple episodes
Old 2010-10-10, 00:05   Link #548
Aurelia aurita
???

At the screening at NYAF today, it was left untranslated in the subtitles as "Ginga Bishounen". Someone asked Bones president Minami Masahiko what it meant in English, and the translator actually said it means "Galactic Pretty Boy" (couldn't hear if Minami said it directly himself).

Other stuff:
* they handed out a "World of Star Driver" booklet, all in Japanese
* when you do the KIRABOSHI, make sure your thumb is pointing down
* the 1.2% rating seems to be true, Minami chalked it up to a famous golfer playing on another channel at the same time
* penchi (pliers)/pinch/punch -> pinch...ers/pinch/punch. A lot of other stuff was left untranslated like the festival leftovers (though this one had a TL note), and the organization name ("juuji dan")
* the academy is actually an ordinary academy
* the Cybodies have characteristics based on the meaning of the Phoenician letter associated with them, I think (I can't remember too much from this part, someone add more please)
* no OP played, which Minami said they didn't finish on time, but they played the ED song with the credits and a bunch of clips from episode 2

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2010-10-10 at 00:19.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 00:13   Link #549
Jarmel

Wait how bad is that 1.2% rating?

Also didn't they already show the OP in EP 1 which has already aired?
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 00:17   Link #550
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post

Wouldn't expect it in Bones shoes in 100 years bad. You'd probably expect around 5 or so percent for a high profile reasonable budget show like this. They obviously have put a fair bit of money behind it as have the sponsors. They better hope it was a golfer (was he talking about Tiger Woods?) or some other such fluke otherwise the show is in trouble and so is Bones probably.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 00:47   Link #551
Aurelia aurita
???

Nope, there was a Star Driver eyecatch where I think the OP in the original airing was. This is the golfer lol
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 01:14   Link #552
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post

1.2% is pretty bad for the timeslot, but it's not automatically super-terrible. It's about on par with Geass R2, which didn't show any increase in ratings either when it moved from the late night slot of the original to the afternoon weekend slot. But ultimately the poor ratings had no impact at all on the good DVD/BD sales for the series, so that'll be the main thing to watch for in terms of success. If the show sells poorly in Jan, then it's not good. Otherwise, the ratings don't really matter.

BONES shows don't really have good ratings anyway. FMA:B did pretty poorly. E7 had terrible ratings. Etc.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:33   Link #553
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 3 is going to have pretty interesting looking animation...

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:40   Link #554
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Episode 3 is going to have pretty interesting looking animation...

Spoiler:
Screw episode 2, i wanna see 3 now.
Old 2010-10-10, 03:42   Link #555
solomon

That reminds me of something, some guys work from the 80s but for the life of me I cannot remember....
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 03:42   Link #556
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia aurita View Post
Nope, there was a Star Driver eyecatch where I think the OP in the original airing was. This is the golfer lol
bishounen golfer? Thats probably why lulz.

But man the fight in episode 2 is definitely spectacular, so spectacular that it makes me worried that Bones is blowing their budget too soon. *Bones, you better have a crapload of budget in store for the upcoming battles, since my expectations have been set pretty high now*. One of my gripes for last week was the lack of a hissatsu attack from Taubaurne and that was addressed with the GALACTIC BEAM!?. Ahhh a finisher definitely makes things better.

Preview for next also suggests another fabulous battle. Swords? YESH!
Old 2010-10-10, 03:57   Link #557
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
1.2% that's a disaster. This show premiered in four channels at prime time, which means it counted on income from ads, plus MBS (one of the channels) is producing it and has stakes to two of the other broadcasting stations.

And even if the DVD/BDs are not directly affected, still they will need publicity to push them along with merchandise.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:13   Link #558
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Yeah 1.2% rating for prime-time slot is disaster, 2-3% is already bad enough for Basara n code geass R2, n mind you those two is sequel from popular title so wouldn't worrying them too much. In this case Star Driver is unestablished title, BONES have a reason to worry.
Old 2010-10-10, 04:27   Link #559
_gallo_

Anime ratings are not really high on average and sales figures are generally disconnected from ratings. Several otakuish successes of the past years like K-On or Bakemonogatari didn't have outstanding tv shares.
Still, given that Star Driver is running on MBS in the afternoon, 1.2% is a pretty poor result. I think it's by far below producers' expectations. Some anime of the same time slot performed really well. Personally, I think that the good results of Gundam Seed or 00 were not only due to their qualities, but also because Gundam is a very strong brand which is able to attract lot of people. Star Driver on the contrary cannot count on an established and well known name since it's a new production.

How it was this week episode? Tell me it as was as good as episode one. Please, Igarashi, don't let me down so soon...

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:41   Link #560
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so being FABULOUS is the next GAR?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen