Notices

Old 2010-10-17, 12:06   Link #701
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
Real men fight with their fists
Fixed that for you.

Edit: It's official after this weeks episode episode, we're watching a show created by a bunch of Utena fanboys . I mean first the hair cut scene in the classroom, followed by the sword duel and then the camera shots during the council meeting. All that last fight scene needed was a J.A. Seazer piece. Oh wow, this show is fantastic.

Also this.

<33333

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-10-17 at 12:49.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 13:26   Link #702
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89 View Post
You are joking right
For BD release, the first volume is on 26 January 2011.
Sure...I will wait....I have other things to watch too.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 13:59   Link #703
ninja_pintu

Damn that fish girl song is so awesome. It's the best thing of this show for me
Old 2010-10-17, 14:29   Link #704
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Episode 3, and here it is; THE SWORD DUEL!

Once more, the mecha designs are awesome; Its a freakin' Samurai, how could it not be!? Can't take down a Dual-wielding Takuto though. Great animation in both fencing scenes, and a cute finish with the e-mail.

The overall formula is, like a few have noted, a little bit too formulaic; it's literally a "mecha of the week" setup played completely straight: After 15 minutes or so of high school hijinks, we get an almost disconnected mecha battle of intergalactic significance. This isn't helped by the fact it always starts off with fish girl's lullaby and Takuto's Fabulous Transformation; both of those combined is like, what, about 2 minutes? Then we finally get to the spectacular action.

There's nothing inherently wrong with this; but I do hope they decide to surprise and change things up a bit. However, I that may be a long ways off; those other dominatrixes haven't been introduced yet, have they?

Quote:
This actually has the spirit of a 80s action cartoon for kids, only with the style and grace of modern anime.
Sums up my feelings pretty well.

Dazzling the Stage!!.......................
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:33   Link #705
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:40   Link #706
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Episode 3, and here it is; THE SWORD DUEL!

Once more, the mecha designs are awesome; Its a freakin' Samurai, how could it not be!? Can't take down a Dual-wielding Takuto though. Great animation in both fencing scenes, and a cute finish with the e-mail.

The overall formula is, like a few have noted, a little bit too formulaic; it's literally a "mecha of the week" setup played completely straight: After 15 minutes or so of high school hijinks, we get an almost disconnected mecha battle of intergalactic significance. This isn't helped by the fact it always starts off with fish girl's lullaby and Takuto's Fabulous Transformation; both of those combined is like, what, about 2 minutes? Then we finally get to the spectacular action.

There's nothing inherently wrong with this; but I do hope they decide to surprise and change things up a bit. However, I that may be a long ways off; those other dominatrixes haven't been introduced yet, have they?

Sums up my feelings pretty well.

Dazzling the Stage!!.......................
My guess is that we're going to get 10 episodes to establish the main players and who they are through weekly "mecha of the week" fashions. It'll probably diverge later on in the second half if it's a 25 episode series.

They really are trying to make Takuto into a badass. One sword isn't cool enough so lets double the pleasure.

The choreography is somewhat refreshing and the movements are very well done in general.

I'm also starting to like the Vice-President. He makes a cute mascot.

The animation for the mech fight was also pretty cool so I hope they mix it up more.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:50   Link #707
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
The instrumental version we heard in this weeks episode wasn't that bad as well.
Old 2010-10-17, 15:53   Link #708
HandofFate

hm, not alot of stuff revealed in this episode. Just some small characterizations.

Spoiler for episode 3:
Old 2010-10-17, 16:01   Link #709
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
hm, not alot of stuff revealed in this episode. Just some small characterizations.

Spoiler for episode 3:
Oh geez, I hope we don't fall into a DBZ type development of just making everyone level up; dangit, Takuto's hair even grows yellow!

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?"
"It's Faabulooous!!"

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-17 at 16:22.
Old 2010-10-17, 16:53   Link #710
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also this.

<33333

I'm pretty sure you'll like them in gif format, too =>
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu View Post
yeah, same here! she's always so amazing! can't get enough of her...

and Wow, Mrs. Watanabe... really, she's soo HOT! =>
other funny gifs =>
ep3 was ok, I guess.
Sure, everything has begun to feel a bit too much formulaic since ep2, like others have said; but the cool action stuff is still there...(and so is the rather nice fanservice )...
so an enjoyable ep, after all.
Old 2010-10-17, 17:09   Link #711
Aurelia aurita
???

I'm pretty sure Sakana-chan's story is a metaphor for the show (à la the Shadow Girls in Utena).

The fisherman seems to be Takuto, the girl is Wako while the king and the king's ship are Sugata and his royal Cybody, or Tauburn. I'm guessing the Squid Emperor is the Crux and the galaxy is possibly Zero Time.
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 17:12   Link #712
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
I'm pretty sure you'll like them in gif format, too =>
Oh god i do yes. Thank you so much.
Old 2010-10-17, 17:26   Link #713
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Oh geez, I hope we don't fall into a DBZ type development of just making everyone level up; dangit, Takuto's hair even grows yellow!

"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his power level?"
"It's Faabulooous!!"
well, we ARE going to be seeing some power-up development where everyone levels up. The badguys aren't going to be staying in phrase 2 forever, they're going to get a win or two, and they be in phrase 3 and be that much more formidable.

hell, right now, the badguys are still in phrase 2, and the 'fodder' they're sending against Takuto are starting to hold their own for longer periods of time.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they just send two Cybodies against Takuto in a future episode.
Old 2010-10-17, 17:35   Link #714
molitar

I'm a bit confused on this show.. What do they mean by phases? What is the purpose of trying to break the seals on the maidens? What is the purpose of the maidens? And why is a maiden that is a prisoner being so upbeat? She doesn't even seem depressed. And who is Takuto? And who is his grandfather that told him about what he knows about Cybodies? He definitely didn't know what his grandfather was talking about when he was told but during the fights he mentioned that a couple of times. Also his grandfather told him they are the mask of lies.. is the mask somehow fool the Cybodies into thinking they are the true pilots?

On side not the Crux are all have a few screws loose just look at their fashion sense for one.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 17:55   Link #715
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia aurita View Post
I'm pretty sure Sakana-chan's story is a metaphor for the show (à la the Shadow Girls in Utena).

The fisherman seems to be Takuto, the girl is Wako while the king and the king's ship are Sugata and his royal Cybody, or Tauburn. I'm guessing the Squid Emperor is the Crux and the galaxy is possibly Zero Time.
I think its more literal than that.

I'm going with that the Squid King is the father of Squid girl in Ika Musume. So I see a surprise cross-over.
I mean, they both have beach areas...I wouldn't be surprised if the beach house is just on the other side of the island..

I can see the episode going like this.

Takuto (on one knee with his cybody): dai- pichi. Looks like I'm done for grandpa.

Badguy: muahah your done for!
*exploding shurikens hit the scene*
(unknown): wait right there-de geso! Your opponent is me-geso.

Spoiler for who's there?!:

I can't be the only one who saw this connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
I'm a bit confused on this show.. What do they mean by phases? What is the purpose of trying to break the seals on the maidens? What is the purpose of the maidens? And why is a maiden that is a prisoner being so upbeat? She doesn't even seem depressed. And who is Takuto? And who is his grandfather that told him about what he knows about Cybodies? He definitely didn't know what his grandfather was talking about when he was told but during the fights he mentioned that a couple of times. Also his grandfather told him they are the mask of lies.. is the mask somehow fool the Cybodies into thinking they are the true pilots?

On side not the Crux are all have a few screws loose just look at their fashion sense for one.
info from current aired episodes and little promotional booklets they passed out in Japan to publicize this show.

Spoiler for phrases:
Old 2010-10-17, 18:33   Link #716
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Sakana-chan's story seemed like a pretty straightforward explanation of either the current situation or possibly the story of what Takuto's grandfather did previously (he was mentioned again in this episode and seemed to know a few things about the Cybuddies that the Glittering Crux Brigade didn't). If the fisherman really did win and steal the fish girl away then it could explain why someone from outside of the island knows about the brigade's activities and why Takuto of all people has a mark (especially if fish girl=a previous shrine maiden).
Also, I think Takuto might have figured out who some of the members of the brigade are. There's that little line about not getting paid and I think he recognized the other pilot from the fighting style. That was what I thought anyway, might be reading too deep into it.

Quote:
I
I'm going with that the Squid King is the father of Squid girl in Ika Musume. So I see a surprise cross-over.
I can't be the only one who saw this connection.
Aw man, you beat me to it!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 18:40   Link #717
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
well, we ARE going to be seeing some power-up development where everyone levels up. The badguys aren't going to be staying in phrase 2 forever, they're going to get a win or two, and they be in phrase 3 and be that much more formidable.

hell, right now, the badguys are still in phrase 2, and the 'fodder' they're sending against Takuto are starting to hold their own for longer periods of time.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they just send two Cybodies against Takuto in a future episode.
Do the baddies have two working cybody pods? Well I'm sure they can scrounge one up.

And no doubt they are going down the list of enemy archetypes. Let's see:
Ep 1 was the martial artist (boxing's a martial art isn't it?)
Ep 2 had the speedster on the motorcycle (or WAS the motorbike)
and Ep 3 was a swordsman (Modeled as a samurai )
I'm gonna guess we're gonna have a gunslinger, and probably the token female fighter come up at some point.

Quote:
Also, I think Takuto might have figured out who some of the members of the brigade are. There's that little line about not getting paid and I think he recognized the other pilot from the fighting style. That was what I thought anyway, might be reading too deep into it.
I caught that too. Maybe he DOES know, cause that's a pretty specific line to spurt out at that moment; or it could be just like you said, he recognized the swordsmen.
Well, if he does know, Takuto's keeping it on the DL at the moment.
Old 2010-10-17, 18:45   Link #718
Rah-Rah
I Am A Justaway

Send a message via MSN to Rah-Rah
Pretty good episode, this one. Gotta say though, I was kind of expecting Takashi to be wimpy and subservient, but he turns out to be pretty cool. Looking foward to more of him and his inevitable comeback. Also, Kanako is definitely my favorite Crux member so far, although I'm digging how...stuck up Keito seems to be. Looks like we'll be seeing her and her Cybody (Possibily?) next ep.

Rah-Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 19:23   Link #719
solomon

Not much to say aside from the fact that the mecha rendering is reminicent of this one guys work, but I can't remember whos!!

Oh yea, Mrs. Watanabe is FUCKING HOT.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 20:13   Link #720
Pilly
Anime watcher

Spoiler for Takashi:
Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, fabulous, shonen