AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-14, 17:45   Link #101
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuru
Queen Millennia
Queen Millennia (Millennial Queen) is already being fansubbed by Garasu No Bara Productions. Personally, I've never heard of them but you can find them here: http://www.destinyofroses.org/glass/Projects.html

Here's a nice link for looking up fansubs. I found it while looking for Tekkaman Blade. They take ages to update their database but it's still useful for looking up old anime:
http://chipsworld.llamas.net/~asudem/fsd/
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 17:13   Link #102
Lindrew_Smythe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
According to the magic licensed list on AnimeonDVD, it isn't It licensed in most european countries, asian countries and Australia, but no US...

Yes, MCOG is a Japan/France collaboration like Ulysses 31... The only series that Spain had a collaboration with Japan, was Dogtanian.
Does that just mean no one in the US has DVD rights to LCOG? Because I know that at one point in ther mid 80's it was shown on Nick.
Lindrew_Smythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 00:06   Link #103
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindrew_Smythe
Does that just mean no one in the US has DVD rights to LCOG? Because I know that at one point in ther mid 80's it was shown on Nick.
I searched around some more, and found out it was licensed by Nickelodeon, but they lost the master videos on a fire... which is a reason they don't sell DVD's or VHS of them... I want to sub this to English (Since i know a place to download the french version raws [Dunno if it's the original language, but i think it is] and i can translate to english quite easily) but until Nick's license expires, I can't (unless Animesuki opened an exception to this, which I don't believe)
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 02:32   Link #104
a7m4

Quote:
I searched around some more, and found out it was licensed by Nickelodeon, but they lost the master videos on a fire... which is a reason they don't sell DVD's or VHS of them... I want to sub this to English (Since i know a place to download the french version raws [Dunno if it's the original language, but i think it is] and i can translate to english quite easily) but until Nick's license expires, I can't (unless Animesuki opened an exception to this, which I don't believe)
Are you sure Nickelodeon's license didn't expire already? You could try emailing them to see if they still have the license.
a7m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 10:21   Link #105
guest123
hideki hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
3. atashinchi (someone needs to continue this)
this is an awesome show. i would love to see more!
guest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 20:13   Link #106
Autumn

1. Chibi Maruko - TV series
My favorite anime of all time. I saw around 100+ episodes in chinese vhs. It is really funny, the show have an ironic sense of humor. Art looks weird but it work remarkably well with this type of story. Generally a light hearted series, but it does have it serious moments. (Also learned alot about the japanese culture thru this series.)

2. Kodacha
I heard that the entire series had been sub. But i didnt see anything past episode 34 or 33. And thats like a year of so ago. I wish either another fansub group would pick it up, or that it be license, so i could just buy the whole series, instead of waiting one year to see one new episode.

3. Atashichin
Liked the 9 nine episodes that i saw, wish someone could continue fansubbing it.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-06, 21:52   Link #107
babbito2k
annoying white bat

yet another vote for Atashin'chi, which I sorely miss.

Ai to Yuuki Piggu Gaaru Tonde Buurin is cute and funny mahou shoujo. Someone else also mentioned this show.

Chou Kuse ni Narisou (I'll Make a Habit of It) is an old Nakayoshi comedy. It's still one of my favorite shows. Some of it got fansubbed on VHS.

Akihabara Dennou Gumi: 2011 no Natsuyasumi is a sequel to one of my favorite series. The series is licensed as Cyber Team in Akihibara by ADV *sighs* who knows when or if they will ever do the movie...

I also hope that all the older series currently being subbed will get completed. I am not pointing fingers or anything of the kind - I am just saying I follow the old shows and want to see them.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-03-08 at 00:35.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 00:11   Link #108
Guts

Send a message via AIM to Guts Send a message via Yahoo to Guts
It would be nice if Inuyasha was only avalible via, sub.
Guts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 01:09   Link #109
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn

2. Kodacha
I heard that the entire series had been sub. But i didnt see anything past episode 34 or 33. And thats like a year of so ago. I wish either another fansub group would pick it up, or that it be license, so i could just buy the whole series, instead of waiting one year to see one new episode.
I will repeat myself for the nth time, all of kodocha is subbed except 41-50. I have it all (RM format/avi). And it might just be licensed, there are enough rumors/stories floating around that ...who knows...

Inu yasha is licensed.......i will stop there..

And another show that i forgot about that got forgotten about is that old ninja show for kids. Its pretty damn funny, despite the fact it is clearly for kids, i cant remember/find the name.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 05:16   Link #110
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Someone pick up Oruchuban Ebichu please..... m(_ _)m
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 15:05   Link #111
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
AnimeMPEG has been doing Ebichu and has been doing a fine job. Just be patient.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 21:10   Link #112
jennwenn

Quote:
And another show that i forgot about that got forgotten about is that old ninja show for kids. Its pretty damn funny, despite the fact it is clearly for kids, i cant remember/find the name.
Do you mean Yaiba?
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 22:15   Link #113
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
I will repeat myself for the nth time, all of kodocha is subbed except 41-50. I have it all (RM format/avi). And it might just be licensed, there are enough rumors/stories floating around that ...who knows...

Inu yasha is licensed.......i will stop there..

bay, NINKU?

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-07, 22:42   Link #114
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Kuru's posting of images was pretty effective; easier to get interest drawn into a series from the artwork than just titles.

I looked up Kakyuusei, and it's licensed by SoftCel Pictures: AnimeNFO Information. I had a bit of interest in this since if I remember correctly I have the H-game CG rips from this game. Or perhaps it's just that the game and anime share the same name but are unrelated; who knows ;P

Someone mentioned Orguss, right? I remember watching Orguss02 on a service called Sputnik (free - streaming anime, music videos, and other video content, surprisingly requiring no download other than WMP or Realmedia Player). It was only... I think four or six episodes, though, and subbed. I think it was subbed by Manga Entertainment. According to AnimeNFO, again, that would work, but they list the series as being 35 episodes...
Old 2004-03-08, 12:34   Link #115
brand
Deadly Ninja of Doom!

Mysterious Cities of Gold is a French written Japanese animated show. It's native language is French.

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children Light and Dark
If you are thinking fansubs I know Devil Children series based on Black and Red books is fun subed but only found on the irc. I do wish someone would do torrents for them.

There is a series based on Light and Dark book but I am unsure if it has been fansubed.

Shin Megami Tensei
There is a movie based off the manga that was kinda based off the game called Tokyo Revelations. It is supposed to be utter crap, but you can buy it from Manga Entertainment.

I would like to see fan subs of both Devil Child tv series and the Live action Devil Summoner TV series, since I'm a huge SMT fan. We are already working on getting some of the manga translated. And the games are being worked on the time.
Old 2004-03-08, 13:14   Link #116
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by brand
Mysterious Cities of Gold is a French written Japanese animated show. It's native language is French.
That was I needed to know... so the raws I have are the true ones (i have them with french audio, so...)

Oh... and does anyone knows the Nickelodeon e-mail... neither their website or Viacom's website have it...
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 18:11   Link #117
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
Kuru's posting of images was pretty effective; easier to get interest drawn into a series from the artwork than just titles.

I looked up Kakyuusei, and it's licensed by SoftCel Pictures: AnimeNFO Information. I had a bit of interest in this since if I remember correctly I have the H-game CG rips from this game. Or perhaps it's just that the game and anime share the same name but are unrelated; who knows ;P
The Kakyuusei I've mentioned and the one licensed by Sofcel are completely different anime series. The one licensed by Softcel (and already partially released in the USA for many years now, as First Loves) is know only as Kakyuusei. It has only 4 episodes, not 13 like the animenfo says (it's amazing the amount of errors that site has).

After that Kakyuusei, Pink Pinapple released new, completely different, Kakyuusei , known as Kakyuusei élf version. It's indeed based on the game released by élf (see the origin of the "élf version" ?).

After that, a TV series was released, featuring the characteres from the élf version OVAs.

Anyway, No Name Losers
is already working on Kakyuusei élf version OVAs according to their page. But the Kakyuusei TV series still needs a fansubber.

Kakyyusei (original - known in english as "First Loves"; only first 2 episodes were released):

Not a good image, but show the covers of the OVAs Softcel didn't release in the USA:

Kakyuusei élf version OVAs:

Kakyuusei TV:

Last edited by kuru; 2004-03-08 at 18:26.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 18:24   Link #118
kuru

Mysterious Cities of Gold (Taiyo no Ko Esteban)

Quote:
That was I needed to know... so the raws I have are the true ones (i have them with french audio, so...)

Oh... and does anyone knows the Nickelodeon e-mail... neither their website or Viacom's website have it...
I don't know a lot about Mysterious Cities of Gold and if its original audio was only french, but the japanese version (original or not, I don't know) is available on DVD.

The series is know in Japanese as Taiyo no Ko Esteban and was released in 2 DVD boxes:

DVD box 1: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PIBA-9060
DVD box 2: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=PIBA-9061

DVD Box 1:

DVD Box 2 :

It isn't something I would particularly want to be subbed.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-08, 23:02   Link #119
sothis

babbito:

does your message mean you want the akihabara dennou gumi movie? if so, i have it. message me if you'd like to figure out a place to send.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 10:30   Link #120
a7m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelSix
I also forgot Ashita no Joe and a comedy about a policeman that I see whenever I go to Japan that has been pretty long running. I also have Heavy Metal L-Gaim HK DVDs if anyone is interested in subbing them.
All of Heavy Metal L-Gaim is already subbed by Arctic on VHS. Also, is the policeman series you are talking about Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouenmae Hashutsujo (pretty damn long title)? The manga is well over 100 volumes, and it has been running since the mid-70s.
a7m4 is offline   Reply With Quote