AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 16.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-16, 00:21   Link #21
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Has the show not been extremely deliberate so far in eliminating virtually all overlap with any material that was covered in the Index anime, regardless of how it was presented in the Railgun manga? I don't think they're all of a sudden going to change their mind and revisit stuff that was already covered. So, based on the evidence of the show so far, it seems reasonable to expect that we won't see that arc repeated or revisited at all.
It's probable there will be a second season of Railgun, seeing how successful this one was. There's still quite a lot of "Where's Misaka Mikoto" moments in the light novel, and seeing as Kamachi was getting involved in Railgun, there's nothing stopping another season.
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 01:00   Link #22
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

"Onee-Sama taking me by force..."

New OP is awesome sauce (visually). OP Song lacks power somehow, but ill wait for the single edit for final grades.
Episode was good and Kuroko was hilarious as usual.

9/10
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 01:02   Link #23
jery626
Full Metal Panic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
New OP and ED .

Dunno why they show us 2sec Index in the OP lol XD and no Touma , so i assume that we won't see him again . Or not soon but later later .

Well , i'm not very into To Aru Kagaku even though we see more Misaka and there is Saten .
I assume that while they are busy with thoses little stories , Touma is fighting in his side .
let's just assume it was Touma that Index is chasing
jery626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 01:09   Link #24
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
The milk drinking guy and the fight scene and the "huh"'s at the end make this episode awesome.

New OP and ED are good.
Old 2010-01-16, 02:56   Link #25
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i approve of the new OP. very gundam-ish. ending is typical anime ending. visually, the op is fantastic, and the ed is pretty much the same as the first ed, except the last photograph is good.

as for the ep, rather okay, but not enough railgun action. though more Kiyori is always welcome. still a top 3 show this season.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 03:06   Link #26
BlueDo

WHAT?
CAPACITY DOWN?

What is JC Staff thinking?
The point of Index was supposed to be that there's no ECM-equivalent except for Imagine Breaker.

Yeah, great action in OP.
This Skill-Out business seems interesting.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 03:08   Link #27
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its not an imagine breaker type item. it apparently acts on certain characteristics of brains ability users have. it disrupts them, not disables.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 03:12   Link #28
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
It's probable there will be a second season of Railgun, seeing how successful this one was. There's still quite a lot of "Where's Misaka Mikoto" moments in the light novel, and seeing as Kamachi was getting involved in Railgun, there's nothing stopping another season.
Won't happen for a long time though.

Railgun manga is SLOWWWWWWW.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 03:19   Link #29
BlueDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
its not an imagine breaker type item. it apparently acts on certain characteristics of brains ability users have. it disrupts them, not disables.
I know it makes sense and stuff, but it's just not supposed to exist.
Espers aren't supposed to be this easy to deal with. It kind of contradicts with the impression Index gave us.
Oh well, they'll probably make an explanation at the end of the arc why Capacity Down is halted in its use.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 03:24   Link #30
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
yeah, it just disrupts. Mikoto can still use her powers but losses precision in doing so. I'm pretty sure she could still beat those thugs even without the milk guy's help although she might accidentally kill them, remember she has a tendency in holding back her powers and capacity-down robs her of that. But seriously, another sound file? it just proves music is dangerous in academy city

New op is fine, but I can't seem to find any indication of the sister arc *holds back rage*
Old 2010-01-16, 04:25   Link #31
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Espers aren't supposed to be this easy to deal with. It kind of contradicts with the impression Index gave us.
But even in the main series, there were a few situations where a jammer of some kind was used to suppress espers. So the Capacity Down system doesn't really contradict with anything.
cubicjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 04:54   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
WHAT?
CAPACITY DOWN?
What is JC Staff thinking?
Remember, all this is written by the Author...

Quote:
I know it makes sense and stuff, but it's just not supposed to exist.
I don't know how you get that impression though

Everything is situational.

Quote:
Oh well, they'll probably make an explanation at the end of the arc why Capacity Down is halted in its use.
Actually, it might be good for Anti-Skill to hold on to something like that. That thing is literally an anti-skill.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 05:03   Link #33
Primary Consult

Funny, I like the OP visuals better than the song, but I like the ED song better than the visuals...

As for the ep itself, it's looking like things are heading into a nice serious plot...
Not getting too hung up on the deviation from the manga, now that I'm pretty sure they won't be getting to the imoutos this season, I can justify reading the manga and not feel like spoilers are abound...

Didn't someone mention that this storyline is in the index novels somewhere? I find it hard to believe that all this is anime-only, since it seems... well, good.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 05:05   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primary Consult View Post
Didn't someone mention that this storyline is in the index novels somewhere? I find it hard to believe that all this is anime-only, since it seems... well, good.
No, it's an anime original, but it's written by the Author of the series so I guess it should fit right in.
Old 2010-01-16, 05:50   Link #35
Kon the Magnificent

episode was great, loved the new opening, lots of action.

Am I the only one waiting to see if Kiyama will return after seeing the opening? And that woman wearing the suit during the opening, looked almost like her...think they're related?
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 06:29   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Won't happen for a long time though.

Railgun manga is SLOWWWWWWW.
They'll probably do Index 2 before another Railgun so it will be finished by than. So if you assume Index 2 for Fall 2010 than a Railgun 2 would b e Fall 2011.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 08:00   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post
"Onee-Sama taking me by force..."

New OP is awesome sauce (visually). OP Song lacks power somehow, but ill wait for the single edit for final grades.
Episode was good and Kuroko was hilarious as usual.

9/10
Yeah I'd say the OP song is a bit lacking. The visuals are great just wish the song was a bit stronger.

Anyways seems Anti-Skill should get in contact with these delinquents and get some of their stuff. Riot shields and guns are great, but something that can disrupt and espers powers would be pretty handy for them.
Old 2010-01-16, 09:39   Link #38
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Spoiler for things that happened:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 09:46   Link #39
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
This isn't filler guys. My goodness, the author behind Index is writing these.
Well, you're only looking at half of the idea, actually. There are two general definitions of filler; the most common is anime-original material not in the source material, and the second less-common definition is material that just isn't part of the general plot/story, such as the arrow-whatever guy in the Index novels and manga; he had no importance to any plot or real story elements and was done away with quickly.

Big "mmmmeh" on the OP and ED songs. I liked the first OP song much better, but at least this new ED song is a little better than the shoujou-ish 1st ED.

Not surprising at all that Index and Touma have cameos in the OP; as I said before, the Index S1 and S2 OPs had Uiharu and Saten cameos too.

As for the episode itself, it's good. Nothing to gawk at, but it's nowhere near approaching bad. (maybe even saying that much is overstating) I guess it helps to have a high tolerance for mediocre shows like Sacred Blacksmith.

The Esper ability killer does seem a tad hax, though; it kinda cheapens the idea of the Imagine Brekaer which was supposed to be a super-rare power, even if the ability killer does make a bit of sense. It kinda feels like the "cheapened-ness" when the bad guys mass-produced Trans Am in Gundam 00.

7/10. Nothing jaw-dropping, but I've come to like far worse.
Old 2010-01-16, 10:09   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Not surprising at all that Index and Touma have cameos in the OP; as I said before, the Index S1 and S2 OPs had Uiharu and Saten cameos too.
Hmmm, got a point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The Esper ability killer does seem a tad hax, though; it kinda cheapens the idea of the Imagine Brekaer which was supposed to be a super-rare power, even if the ability killer does make a bit of sense. It kinda feels like the "cheapened-ness" when the bad guys mass-produced Trans Am in Gundam 00.
Imagine Breaker works for all round supernatural you know