AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 12:32   Link #21
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

No good deed goes unpunished. And AMG proves that if you are a good man, you get punished even more.

The entire story from the start to now, have repeatedly affirmed that K1 is an extraordinarily good man. His goodness is not to be disputed. So if a good man could be so cruelling mistreated by those who wished to reward him, where does that leave room for the ordinary people?

K1 will forgive Heaven, but not because Heaven deserved it. K1 will forgive Heaven because he is BETTER than they are. He will show them kindness and understanding, even though they spared him none. Because he is Good. Because someone has to be good.

Heaven should be ashamed. Heaven wouldn't be, but they should be. Belldandy feel the shame in their stead, but she can't take all their sins for them.
Old 2012-07-16, 16:34   Link #22
Miraluka
Banned

Gods of trolling, thats what they are.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 22:09   Link #23
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Son of a bitch, is everyone taking a page from Gen Urobuchi's playbook? First Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei made a "never look at this series the same way" swerve for its ending (although I thought it was quite appropriate for that series), now Fujishima pulls something almost as dark.

I can somewhat understand the reasons for Belldandy's actions, but I can also understand why opinions of her in fandom seem to have plummeted. The fact that she says she liked being "pampered and loved" by K1 despite his...mental castration almost makes her look like a gold-digger.

On the other hand, I certainly would like to see some element of tension in their relationship. Unwitting mind control would kind of have that effect.

And speaking of Urobuchi, those drama queens on 4ch have gone so far as to compare Belldandy to Kyubey. I don't know if that comparison is correct...but it might apply to God. Unfortunately, now I have trouble unseeing her as like Anna Nicole Smith.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 23:39   Link #24
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I am glad to see the plot progressing after so many years... I remember reading the manga when I was a child and always poke in to check whether or not the series has ended.

I am curious if the series is going to head towards a conclusion... or should I come back in another 5 years to check progression? Somewhat tempted to start catching up on the manga over the weekend :O.

I doubt the series will have a tragic/wtf ending. Even if k1's desires have been sealed away, or even if Bell really put up two decades of show to "satisfy" the original contract, what matters would be what they think of each other in the current state.

K1 would have to go on another journey of self realization, and decide for himself whether or not he is willing to accept Bell for who she is, along with all the hidden rules and regulations that may apply.

I guess I can settle of a inconclusive end, where K1 and Bell gets separated and all connections voided. The giant reset button is invoked and the two of them meet each other once again: this time with no strings or limits attached.

Heaven is such a cruel place.

"say... if I tell you all the time we have spent since we met have been all but a lie, will you still love me?"
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 03:44   Link #25
ginger02

I need to read the manga one day. I love the anime.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:40   Link #26
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Out of curiosity, is the manga still going? It has been many years since I've followed Ah! My Goddess, and last I heard, the manga was still going strong.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 23:32   Link #27
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Out of curiosity, is the manga still going? It has been many years since I've followed Ah! My Goddess, and last I heard, the manga was still going strong.
it is in fact still on going. it began publication in 1988 too!

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 10:54   Link #28
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 287:
Old 2012-11-04, 01:25   Link #29
APNki

Just read the translation for chapter 290 of the manga and one important thing came to light:
Spoiler for ch290:
APNki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 04:11   Link #30
APNki

New OVA coming out next summer: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...inal-anime-dvd
Old 2012-11-27, 17:30   Link #31
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by APNki View Post
What its about?
Old 2013-01-15, 00:51   Link #32
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh man, 290 and 291 were surprisingly touching. the obvious parallels are there, and i'm dying to know what will happen in 292...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2013-01-15, 01:01   Link #33
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Wait.. Oh My Goddess is still ongoing? Woah...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 09:46   Link #34
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Wait.. Oh My Goddess is still ongoing? Woah...
the manga is just as old as me. haha

Old 2013-03-03, 13:40   Link #35
ShiroiRyu

We are near the end ...
Now we have the father.
Old 2013-08-24, 22:41   Link #36
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

whoa. the newest chapters are definitely deeper and darker than what we're used to getting from this series.

Old 2013-09-02, 11:21   Link #37
Miraluka
Banned

Still expecting for a good end...
Old 2013-09-08, 08:07   Link #38
Jimmy C

Anyone else seen the new OAV that came with vol46?
We've never seen how a "regular" wish is handled by the GRO, but I don't think it's supposed to require that much participation by the goddess handling the call.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 14:19   Link #39
Smillie

I see the last episode of the second season and so i would like read th manga. From what scan I can read ?
Smillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 23:42   Link #40
APNki

The manga is finally ending: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-end-in-april

Tags
amg, oh my goddess, omg