AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-16, 15:43   Link #161
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Honoka, Yui, and Miki were FAR better choices than the ice queen. Suzuka just had the unfortunate advantage of having the series named after her

If Eba gets shafted I will never read another Seo work again.
I'm with you there, its like he/she? gets you to love a particular girl and then do her dirty just shits and giggles.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 15:59   Link #162
kenshin514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
Yeah Honoka was a far better girl than Suzuka and loved the guy a lot more so I am hoping in Kimi no Iru Machi, the Honoka-look-alike -Eba wins the battle and defeats Suzuka-look-alike-Nanami
Yep, I definitely agree with you on this one. Honoka was so awesome in that series. Although, Yui is actually my favorite. Well, I thought that Eba looks like Saki with longer hair style. Also, this time, both of the girls in Kimi no Iru machi are really nice and very attractive in their own way unlike Suzuka series.
kenshin514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 22:04   Link #163
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Honoka, Yui, and Miki were FAR better choices than the ice queen. Suzuka just had the unfortunate advantage of having the series named after her

If Eba gets shafted I will never read another Seo work again.
LOL same here, Eba better be happy in the end.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 23:14   Link #164
DanielSong39

The way this story is going, if Yuzuki gets shafted there may not be another Seo work to read...

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2008-09-17 at 15:37.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 01:58   Link #165
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Honoka fans were saying that too... and I see familiar faces here
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 02:21   Link #166
DanielSong39

The difference between Yuzuki and Honoka is that Yuzuki is the unquestioned lead and the engine that makes the entire story go...

I'm sure Seo is not dumb enough to commit career suicide...
Old 2008-09-17, 05:20   Link #167
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I just think it's silly when back in the day people were saying "i'll stop reading Suzuka if he doesn't choose Honoka". & now we have people saying they won't read anymore of his works if it doesn't end the way you want it to end?

Isn't that just being.. childish?
Old 2008-09-17, 09:19   Link #168
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I just think it's silly when back in the day people were saying "i'll stop reading Suzuka if he doesn't choose Honoka". & now we have people saying they won't read anymore of his works if it doesn't end the way you want it to end?

Isn't that just being.. childish?
So how many have stopped reading Suzuka or didn't pick up this one because they
were disappointed at how the plot developed? Do you have the numbers?

When it comes to most romance mangas the author has to decide which path to go considering two aspects: what he had planned to and what most of the readers would prefer to happen, namely which girl/boy the protagonist ends up with. It's not rare for an author choosing to follow his/her own way neglecting the fans' wishes for the most part which doesn't mean the instant end of his/her career but it sure as hell effects the attitude of the disappointed part of the readers towards an upcoming work by this author up to a point that some won't even bother about it, not because they want to 'punish' the author but they have lost confidence in his work. Lucky me i haven't read Suzuka though i know the general plot.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 11:30   Link #169
DanielSong39

I don't think readers are being childish in this case. Suzuka - like it or not - is the focal point of the story in Seo's earlier work. It's at least logical, if not preferable, for Yamato to choose her - even if Honoka is much "better". (One could also make the case that Honoka is too good for him, but I digress.)

Not so here. Yuzuki IS the story - without her, what do you have? She's been the catalyst for just about every major event we've seen in the story, and arguably the most developed character. To cast her aside would leave a sour taste in people's mouths - and has the potential to wreck the work altogether.

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2008-09-17 at 15:36.
Old 2008-09-17, 14:14   Link #170
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
So how many have stopped reading Suzuka or didn't pick up this one because they
were disappointed at how the plot developed? Do you have the numbers?
How's that got anything to do with anything? I never said i knew, i'm just mentioned the people who said they would, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Not so here. Yuzuki IS the story - without her, what do you have? She's been the catalyst for just about every major event we've seen in the story, and arguably the most developed character. To cast her aside would leave a sour taste in people's mouths - and has the potential to wreck the work altogether.
Indeed, and going by those facts along makes you believe he'll end up with her. Either way i'm prepared for that ending, or one completely crazy ending.
Old 2008-09-17, 17:22   Link #171
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

No spoiler tags this time... i'm gonna tell it all !!!!

... i have no idea what the raws of ch16 are about ... i won't even dare guessing now.

(Yes i'm pretty impatient when it comes to weekly series )
Old 2008-09-17, 17:46   Link #172
Mentar
Banned

I think it's 99.9% clear by now that Yuzuki will be the ending match. It's just like Daniel said, she _is_ the story. So let's relax and enjoy the ride till we get there. One thing's for sure, Seo is GIFTED when it comes to art. Wow.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 01:23   Link #173
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

One thing about Seo, he can certainly get us excited. "Why the heck did she do that?" etc., etc.

No question, however: Eba is where it's at.

By the way, I'm with kenshin514 in liking Yui best of the girls in Suzuka. But Suzuka herself was a great character, badly misunderstood, in my opinion.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 08:27   Link #174
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
[/I]. But Suzuka herself was a great character, badly misunderstood, in my opinion.
Thank you. Suzuka is my favorite character in the series because in my opinion she is more better in Honoka as she shows different sides of her personality. Most of her angsty moments have been justified reasonably (Although I still can't get over the fact of her dead senpai and her stubborness about it which made me go )

Honoka was more of a nice girl although her moments bored to death save for the one where she and Yama shared a sweet moment under the moonlight which made me go "awww". She also kinda falls on the "Nice Girl" stereotype(Which is existent in almost every manga today).

Don't get me wrong though, I don't hate Honoka. I just have this large preference for Suzuka over her.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 10:31   Link #175
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

The portrayal of Suzuka's personality was exactly like a girl her age acts in the real world.

I just hope Seo further demonstrates his short hair fetish with final pairing for this series.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 11:17   Link #176
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
badly misunderstood, in my opinion.
That's where it starts and ends. I'm not going to get into it because it's all been said before, though people are just not willing to accept her type of character in such a long running romance series.

She was my favorite character in the series hands down, mainly for her wonderful development.

As for Kimi no Iru Machi, Eba is probably my favorite character for pretty much the same reason.
Old 2008-09-20, 07:21   Link #177
aldrinkhan

Send a message via Yahoo to aldrinkhan
guys, where do u get the RAWs for kimi no iru machi? ive always wanted to read it before the scans come out but i just dont know where to read the raws
aldrinkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-20, 19:11   Link #178
X207
Gamyūsa

^
its against the rules to ask where the raw versions are found. you should just scoure the net looking for the version, it should eventually pop out somewhere.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 01:24   Link #179
aldrinkhan

Send a message via Yahoo to aldrinkhan
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
^
its against the rules to ask where the raw versions are found. you should just scoure the net looking for the version, it should eventually pop out somewhere.
oops.. sorry about that
aldrinkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 05:02   Link #180
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

ch16 is out by red hawk

Spoiler for 16:

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life