AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-05, 02:51   Link #4081
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Or, just, you know... Nanoha, Yuuno and later Fate didn't need it because they weren't in Bureau space in time of first two seasons so didn't need uniform to show they status?

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 03:49   Link #4082
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Truth. Nanoha and Yuuno were civilian helpers while Fate was doing communitary service and apparently an uniform isn't required for that(it would be funny to see Fate fighting the Wolkenreitter while wearing an orange prisioner jumpsuit xD).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 05:25   Link #4083
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
But at least work as civil servants is enough for Nanoha and Yuuno, right?
Old 2011-09-12, 01:47   Link #4084
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

What was the latest scanlated chapter again? I certain place I visit listed chapter 15 as new
Old 2011-09-12, 01:57   Link #4085
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Latest one is 15, yeah.
Old 2011-09-17, 01:23   Link #4086
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

16 is up on you know where.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 08:11   Link #4087
Kuze

So uh, you-know-who translated that part into "Touma is the carrier of the Zero Gene"

Isn't that funny? A series already full of memes goes into genes to formulate scenes for sense, although we already had part of that with all of the rival Kings and Emperors screwing around with biology for the lulz. Next thing you know, Touma's BRRRRRRRROTHERS! will make a showing. Plus his father.

*begins singing It's Raining Men*

Also, Steed being able to return to Touma if he just is let out of the ship is kinda awesome.

Also, Vita does monologue about what options the SSS has in their current situation: They're kinda hamstrung in a few words.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 09:29   Link #4088
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I find it amusing that Nanoha is practically orgasming over the thought of training new talented students. I guess this chapter pretty much cements Nanoha/Job as an official canon pairing, heh.

Hayate has accelerated healing due to being a "walking lost logia," eh?

I have other thoughts, but they can't go here, unfortunately. Le sigh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 10:28   Link #4089
Kuze

You-know-who seems to need a good proofreader, but that's alright I guess.

To get this out of the way:

Vita think that the new trio are unstable, and she doesn't want them. She tells Nanoha to please stop going all sparkly whenever new recruits are full of potential, and that this could be pretty hazardous (seems like she'd prefer them to be under guard and restraints)

I know she's pretty harsh most of the time and all, but from my POV, being infected by Lost Logia and the threat of being unable to control your own actions is a pretty bad memory area for her. It definitely doesn't bring out the worst in her, and she does have many legitimate points. But I wouldn't say it brings out the best in her. Dealing with it all over again /could/ lead to interesting character development from her part, even maybe able to come to terms.

Or it could just be nothing. Flip a coin I guess.

EDIT: Full 18 and 19 are now up.

Remember that argument we had about the Huckebein executing that guy? Well....actually, there was a very important panel missing, and Veyron and Arnage didn't. Again, I am no expert at translation, and there's no telling how reliable the sub is, but:

Arnage and Veyron were thinking about killing the guy if he didn't talk about what he "didn't" hear at a place he "wasn't" at. When he does start? His head gets a brand new pair of holes in it. Somebody could've sniped and killed any of the people there, and the Eclipse would not have saved any of them.

For a change, there's no *gunshot* noise that anyone hears. Veyron tells Arnage to forget trying to chase whoever that was, they have no chance and no way to find the sniper at this point, they'll be long long gone by the time their position was located.

Last edited by Kuze; 2011-09-17 at 11:20.
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 12:03   Link #4090
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
To get this out of the way:

Vita think that the new trio are unstable, and she doesn't want them. She tells Nanoha to please stop going all sparkly whenever new recruits are full of potential, and that this could be pretty hazardous (seems like she'd prefer them to be under guard and restraints)

I know she's pretty harsh most of the time and all, but from my POV, being infected by Lost Logia and the threat of being unable to control your own actions is a pretty bad memory area for her. It definitely doesn't bring out the worst in her, and she does have many legitimate points. But I wouldn't say it brings out the best in her. Dealing with it all over again /could/ lead to interesting character development from her part, even maybe able to come to terms.
Like if she needs even more developement xDU

That reminds me ...where the heck is Zafira?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
Or it could just be nothing. Flip a coin I guess.
At this point i predicted with almost pinpoint accuaracy various events, only failing at the "Signum's Awakening" part xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-17, 12:04   Link #4091
Justin_Brett

So did Tsuzuki forget how Hayate's powers work? She controls a Lost Logia, but she herself certainly isn't one.

And I guess it's nice to see someone who doesn't instantly trust Touma and think he's awesome, but I'd rather it come from someone who's opinion isn't immediately ignored.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 12:11   Link #4092
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
So did Tsuzuki forget how Hayate's powers work? She controls a Lost Logia, but she herself certainly isn't one.
Actually i find this idea appealling, i was very dissapointed when i found that Hayate didn't retain any of the original "Tome of the Night Sky" power. Seh made a new inferior copy with a new inferior Schwertkreuz and a less powerfull Reinforce. In fact becoming a more "manufactured" version of her A's self and thus disabling any opportunity of discovering some new mystical secret about her and the book. But if this thing about Hayate being a living Lost Logia herself turns out to be true. Then it can bring out some interesting potential and possibilities, hope this turns out to be true.

And yeah, Vita is right, they're pretty much screwed against the Huckebein and they know it xD.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-17, 12:29   Link #4093
Sunder the Gold

I find myself wondering if a series that bills itself primarily on Magic should ever see a good reason to introduce the concept of "Anti-Magic" as something that can be manufactured.

It's like if the X-Men were suddenly confronted with Anti-Mutants who were not only stronger than mutants, but who could cancel out their powers and kill them with an infectious disease that makes more Anti-Mutants.

It's pretty much destroying the central concept and entire point of the franchise, isn't it?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 12:33   Link #4094
Zero Hurricane

It is, as long as he or she grew up, then decreases a person's powers. Although Hayate's capabilities classified as extraordinary, she is weak in close quarter combat. I also hope like that if they met again, Hayate can use the full potential with maximum power, including close combat. Even then if she really called the living Lost Logia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
And yeah, Vita is right, they're pretty much screwed against the Huckebein and they know it xD.
You mean, "they" who?
Old 2011-09-17, 12:34   Link #4095
Justin_Brett

That little speech Nanoha made on why they're mages did make me kinda sad, because this series sure doesn't believe in that.
Old 2011-09-17, 12:34   Link #4096
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

To be fair, Anti-Mutant elements in the X-men do exist. But most of the time it's trated as an ultimate or rare power and not like something that can be reproduced(the only exception i can think of are the depowering collars used in Genosha).

An yeah, i also find a bit lame that mages cannot fight as mages anymore. Hope that this theory of "Hayate being a living Lost Logia" leads to something interesting(like the discory of "True Magic" that cannot be de-linked or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
That little speech Nanoha made on why they're mages did make me kinda sad, because this series sure doesn't believe in that.
Amen T-T

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-17, 12:39   Link #4097
Zero Hurricane

Maybe because they're too lazy to learn from past experience.
Old 2011-09-17, 12:39   Link #4098
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
You mean, "they" who?
Section Six ....or at least The Aces/Wolkenritter.

The Forwards and the Cyborgs are now the main fighters(because Vita forbidden the Force Kids to enter into the battlefield for now). Caro finally appeared so i want to see Voltaire to wreck stuff on the Hucks ...or at least a convincing excuse of why he can't do that.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-17, 12:43   Link #4099
Justin_Brett

I'm pretty sure Vita's opinion means both jack and squat here.
Old 2011-09-17, 12:47   Link #4100
Zero Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Section Six ....or at least The Aces/Wolkenritter.

The Forwards and the Cyborgs are now the main fighters(because Vita forbidden the Force Kids to enter into the battlefield for now). Caro finally appeared so i want to see Voltaire to wreck stuff on the Hucks ...or at least a convincing excuse of why he can't do that.
Or eat them alive.

Anyway, about Vita, she herself was too stubborn to the point that he lost her cool. It isthe time the older generation should be taught what they learned to a new generation. But at least, to train them is one way to make them more stronger.

Tags
manga, nanoha force