AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 12:42   Link #1961
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yeah, in spite of his mad scientist persona, Okarin is actually a very nice person.

He's generally very accepting of people, and it isn't terribly hard for a person to become a lab member for him, lol.

And once you're a lab member, you're pretty much "part of the family" as far as Okarin is concerned.

In more normal situations, this would be a great character strength for Okarin, but it does leave him easier to infiltrate and victimize by SERN.
And also Suzuha was suspecting the wrong person.
Old 2011-06-24, 13:00   Link #1962
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Unless Moeka is future Kurisu

*mind blowing*
Old 2011-06-24, 15:25   Link #1963
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Lol I just realized this thing covers the entire Harem of Stereotypes. (And it isn't a harem! Haha)

Moeka - Yandere
Mayurii - Moeblob
Kurisu - Tsundere
Suzuha - Deus Ex Machina
Ruka - Trap
Feyris - Maid

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 18:29   Link #1964
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
p.s. - can someone explain the "-tan, -chan, -kun" etc. stuff? I know Feyris sometimes says feyris-tan or something like that, I'm guessing Chan only refers to girls (younger than you?) and -kun is for little boys?
This is my understanding of the honorifics. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

-tan : a regional variant of -san
-chan : used mainly towards girls, children regardless of gender, and cute animals regardless of gender
-kun : used mainly towards boys although it's becoming increasingly common to hear it used towards girls with whom the speaker isn't particularly close. I hear / read it used towards girls mostly by teachers and employers.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:03   Link #1965
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
No... I'm pretty sure it's not. It's a cutesy variant of -san, hence its frequent usage on fictional characters or moe anthropomorphizations. And in nicknames.

Though I'm not against there being a region of Japan where everyone says "-tan" and "-chama" and such.

"-kun" is young boys who are peers, or subordinates of any gender.
Old 2011-06-24, 19:15   Link #1966
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, depending on what future Suzuha comes from, it is possible that in her particular time line, Kurisu was the spy. Or at some point in a distant bad future, for whatever reason, Kurisu turned on Okarin and the others. But if she's in a different time line, then the spy could change.
Old 2011-06-24, 19:19   Link #1967
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
To me it makes more sense, that Kurisu stays with sense and continues the research, while Okarin and maybe Daru go against them... therefore Suzuha considers Kurisu a traitor.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:28   Link #1968
Calca
Expressionless

Oh, they have done something that they should not have done.

Of all the ones to pick, its the sweetest and most innocent one
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:35   Link #1969
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

And because of that, they picked the best one.

Sometimes, what's best for you, isn't good for you.
Old 2011-06-24, 19:40   Link #1970
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
To me it makes more sense, that Kurisu stays with sense and continues the research, while Okarin and maybe Daru go against them... therefore Suzuha considers Kurisu a traitor.
Well, it could also be that Daru and Okarin were held over Kurisu's head to keep her loyal to SERN, and for some reason or another Suzuha never knew about that particular part of it and simply assumes that Kurisu was a traitor.
Old 2011-06-24, 19:41   Link #1971
GDB

Or perhaps Kurisu merely takes tsundereism to the illogical extreme.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 19:42   Link #1972
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

About which future Suzuha came from, I think she came from the future of current world-line. Because it doesn't make sense to change the past of another world-line if her objective is to save her future world right? Besides, from what I get in S;G, "world-lines" are different from "parallel worlds". My understanding is that there is only just one world at any given time, with other worlds merely exist as possibilities and not actually real until the world-line shifts to that particular world.

Which means Suzuha should've came from the future of this world-line where the Lab-Members witnessed Mayuri's death. I just can't see Kurisu still willingly continue research for SERN after all that. Maybe SERN used hostages? Okabe, Daru, and there're their families too. it would be easy to force the lab members to work for SERN.

But then why did Suzuha only suspected Kurisu and not the other members if all of them were threatened to work for SERN? Also, I wonder how's the fate of Ruka, Feyris.
Old 2011-06-24, 19:54   Link #1973
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Well, it's also possible that Suzuha came from the "Kurisu dies" time line we see way back in episode one. Though that wouldn't make any sense, unless for some reason or another Kurisu survived whoever attacked her and Okarin just panicked when he saw the blood and fled.
Old 2011-06-25, 04:00   Link #1974
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, it could also be that Daru and Okarin were held over Kurisu's head to keep her loyal to SERN, and for some reason or another Suzuha never knew about that particular part of it and simply assumes that Kurisu was a traitor.
This is what I have thought. Kurisu is not only the one who DOES know about the finest details, and she is also the one that have the most things to be used as means of pressure and coercion, like "Work for us, or something else will happen to your friends, AND your father."

I am fairly sure that, at that point, the killing of Mayushii merely served to make their point.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 06:39   Link #1975
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This is what I have thought. Kurisu is not only the one who DOES know about the finest details, and she is also the one that have the most things to be used as means of pressure and coercion, like "Work for us, or something else will happen to your friends, AND your father."

I am fairly sure that, at that point, the killing of Mayushii merely served to make their point.
That may be it, but as far as they know Mayuri may just be extraneous and serves no real purpose to their goal. That is, if say Ruka was in the room as well, they may kill her too to eliminate all witnesses. The remaining three definitely can be useful to SERN, Kurisu is the one who designed the time leap machine, Daru is a pretty good hacker (even normal corporations would like to recruit the guy who manages to hack their system) and Okarin have the unique Reading Steiner ability.

Well, that's basing on what we've seen and known so far. Mayuri may have a special power or something looking at the first few minutes of the show, but whether Moeka knows that and thus kills her ASAP or they don't know like us and kills her just because she's a witness is still up in the air. I'm guessing more towards the latter, but we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2011-06-25, 07:44   Link #1976
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
F*** this episode, now I need to find rape doujins of Moeka.
More like I prefer to see BDSM doujins of Moeka after seeing her in hawt leather suit :3

That was indeed really good episode.

They just have to kill off the cute ones, eh?
*sobs like there ain't no tomorrow*
Old 2011-06-25, 07:58   Link #1977
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Whoa, they made a new subthread for this
Quote:
...There's a reason why I don't like to come to this thread again until the next episode airs Anything related to steins gate now made me remember that scene again and 'Tuturu' ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 07:59   Link #1978
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post
More like I prefer to see BDSM doujins of Moeka after seeing her in hawt leather suit :3
I had the same thought
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 08:22   Link #1979
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
This is my understanding of the honorifics. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

-chan : used mainly towards girls, children regardless of gender, and cute animals regardless of gender
-kun : used mainly towards boys although it's becoming increasingly common to hear it used towards girls with whom the speaker isn't particularly close. I hear / read it used towards girls mostly by teachers and employers.
-tan is a children's mispronunciation of "-chan" but these days, you see it being used in the Otakusphere to refer to a mascot. It really isn't an honorific.
-kun is used with male colleagues or classmates who are around the same age. Don't use it with girls because it's only used that way in Anime/Manga - mostly with tomboy heroines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpax View Post

Nice illustration. I like the way it's rendered - especially the teardrops.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 08:39   Link #1980
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Well, that's basing on what we've seen and known so far. Mayuri may have a special power or something looking at the first few minutes of the show, but whether Moeka knows that and thus kills her ASAP or they don't know like us and kills her just because she's a witness is still up in the air. I'm guessing more towards the latter, but we'll have to wait and see.
It seemed more like they killed Mayuri because unlike the other three, she had no real skill to contribute to whatever SERN is planning to do with the time leap machine, hence she was useless and they disposed of her. Of course, the series has shown time and again that Mayuri has a real gift with people (Kurisu and Suzuha in this episode showed that), but that's not the kind of thing SERN would consider important, I imagine.

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation