AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 9.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 3.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 5.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 4.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 11 3.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 167 59.22%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-27, 03:52   Link #561
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard 23 View Post
At some point lowering the expectations has the opposite effect. I'm being bored to tears but maybe that's because there's a really big payoff! So the expectations go up. And then, wham! Wow, that was it?

Maybe the story behind this whole fiasco will make an interesting read in the final analysis. Yeah, I'm desperately searching for that silver cloud to salvage something out of this, because what's on the screen is incredibly tedious. Time to give up and move on.
Yeah, this season of Haruhi is incredibly disappointing. (If you're looking for a show to replace it, I suggest Bakemonogatari...)

And we'll just have to wait for the conclusion, I guess...
Old 2009-07-27, 04:21   Link #562
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And they're going to get away with it because they're Kyoto Animation.

Any other studio doing this would be like signing their own death warrant...
That's my thought exactly! Couldn't agree more.
Old 2009-07-27, 05:10   Link #563
Jintor

I turn to the illusionary Disappearance season that will one day come.

Right guys?

...right?

I'm frightened! I'm frightened!

/EDIT: You know, it really bugs me when people are all 'I've lost valuable time watching this crap' or whatever. a) Your time is not as valuable as you think if you're using it watching anime. b) If your time is that valuable, wait until someone tells you that E8 is over before going back to Haruhi and/or quit entirely. c) Nobody really values time, they just think they do.

Last edited by Jintor; 2009-07-27 at 05:54.
Old 2009-07-27, 06:30   Link #564
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Jintor, as you get older you might find that the value you place on your time increases as you get closer to that inevitable day that you will exit stage right.

But at age 17 time seems to stretch out forever and passes so slowly. You don't have to believe me today, and I expect you won't. But you will discover this on your own eventually.

Life is a series of choices. Instead of patiently sitting through yet another test reel that should have stayed within Kyoto Animation's walls there's so many other things I could have done instead, but I didn't. I can't go back. Peh. I guess what's bumming me out is that I'm acting very Kyon like in what isn't his finest hour. And he's fictional.

But I'll leave it up to the guy watching Haruhi next week to do something about it.
Old 2009-07-27, 06:59   Link #565
Jintor

But you're watching anime.

I mean, there's so many things you could have done, but you chose to watch anime.

Of course, I spend most of my time watching Endless Eight drawing at the same time, so I dunno...
Old 2009-07-27, 07:02   Link #566
Akka

Watching a good anime is not a loss of valuable time

Watching a bad one, though...
Old 2009-07-27, 07:14   Link #567
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
That's exactly what it is.

And they're going to get away with it because they're Kyoto Animation.

Any other studio doing this would be like signing their own death warrant...
Even the mighty can fall hard.

Once Gonzo was at the top of the world too...
Old 2009-07-27, 07:49   Link #568
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
/swt ... I see.

Well, if Japanese is anything like Vietnamese, August is literally called "Month 8."
Yeah, i think August is hachigatsu; hachi=8... gatsu=month.....

Then i have always wondering why August is "month 8" in English. Should it be October to be month 8; and December to be month 10?

Anyway......

Quote:
Yeah, this season of Haruhi is incredibly disappointing. (If you're looking for a show to replace it, I suggest Bakemonogatari...)

And we'll just have to wait for the conclusion, I guess...
Theoretically, so far Haruhi in this season contains only 2 episodes... so i can't comment yet..... Actually i am a little bit happy for the delay of new materials....because i am currently watching too many shows in the same time. History showed that:for me, a strong Haruhi episodes killed every shows that being watched parallel to it (1st casualty is K-on if you are wondering)

Normally i only watch around 3 shows in parallel, the maximum is 5. This season, i am watching 8 currently + 2 OVA + 4 "really want to check them out"....

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-07-27 at 09:57.
Old 2009-07-27, 07:57   Link #569
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Then i have always wondering why August is "month 8" in English. Should it be October to be month 8; and December to be month 10?
They were, once. Then the months got shuffled around. But they (September/October/November/December) were originally named for the number month they were in the year.

I don't remember how they were shuffled into their current positions.

/offtopic.

...is it really Monday? I should really get around to watching this episode...
Old 2009-07-27, 08:00   Link #570
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Yeah, i think August is hachigatsu; hachi=8... gatsu=month.....

Anyway......
January and February didn't exist on the original Roman calender. So at one time October was the 8th month and December was the 10th.
Old 2009-07-27, 08:10   Link #571
chinaboat

Y'know, it's rarely mentioned that Mikuru is not now nor ever has been a helpless, big boobed bimbo; she is an equal partner in the trio that observes Haruhi. Her character's interactions with Kyon are a pretty much a subclass of Roger Ebert's (or maybe James Blish's) classic "idiot plot" where if the protagonist (in this case Kyon) thought about it for two seconds he'd come up with a major realization that would destroy the storyline (and thereby our enjoyment of it) He never realizes that whenever Mikuru talks to him as a time traveler, e.g., when she identified herself to him or when her "older" self appears to tell him something, that while she is still very kawaii and she is very much in control. Therefor her call in the middle of the night whining definitely indicates she, Yuki and Itsuki have already discussed the situation. The phone call is the beginning of the process that we all know and love: the manipulation of Kyon into an action that will achieve a desired goal while leaving their "covers" intact.

For me, Asahina-san's portrayal for Haruhi's (and by extension Kyon's) benefit has always been a delight.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-27, 08:27   Link #572
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
will this never end???

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
Old 2009-07-27, 08:55   Link #573
Tornado Riku

I don't care... If E8 still keeps coming, it won't stop me from being a fan, no, wait! I am suppose to say an Addict of MOHS. Anyway, it doesn't have a proper storyline, so I'm not really into the story that much, I'm after the cuteness!
Old 2009-07-27, 09:13   Link #574
Peanutbutter

It has finally come to the stage where I can't stand watching another iteration of Endless Eight (stream and subbed).

Oh brother, wake me up when it's over.
Old 2009-07-27, 09:33   Link #575
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
They were, once. Then the months got shuffled around. But they (September/October/November/December) were originally named for the number month they were in the year.

I don't remember how they were shuffled into their current positions.

/offtopic.

...is it really Monday? I should really get around to watching this episode...
I always got the impression that October was named for the Emperor(sp?) Octavio. Or maybe it was both; I don't know.
Old 2009-07-27, 11:09   Link #576
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Not this shit again...
1/10
Old 2009-07-27, 11:10   Link #577
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Man when is this going to end??? I was laughing at first, it was funny, then episode by episode my smiles start to rot and now I'm frowning. And the hardest truth of it all is that I Ain't Dropping This Show!

Why can't Kyon go up to Haruhi whisper from behind and say I luuuuv youuu. If Kyon is chicken enough to do it and Koizumi is gay enough to do it then have Mikuru do it. Somebody do something. Kyon is already 595 years older than all of us here hahah When will enough be enough??
Old 2009-07-27, 11:20   Link #578
OkamiNoKaze

He didn't even try to get up this time, he just sat there and watched her walk out.

It's almost like they threw the loops together at random, and then just changed the loop number. Does anyone else get that feeling?
Old 2009-07-27, 11:35   Link #579
Iaevuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
I always got the impression that October was named for the Emperor(sp?) Octavio. Or maybe it was both; I don't know.
No, October comes from octo, eight. Octavius has August named after his regnal name because a lot of his accomplishments took place in that month.
Old 2009-07-27, 12:27   Link #580
Shiuch

Pain pain and pain.. or it would be if I would wait for these episodes to air with dick in my head, I'm glad I have some other serieses to watch too. I'm so glad I'm not watching this from TV, but from computer when I can watch it in 10 seconds and confirm there doesnt happen anything.
Closed Thread