AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 03:40   Link #1
Zexas

Killzone Mercenary

Old 2013-01-30, 19:07   Link #2
Zexas

Last edited by Zexas; 2013-01-30 at 19:22.
Zexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-31, 00:52   Link #3
defki

It looks ridiculously awesome. Guerrilla delvers no matter what hardware.

Greg Miller said that it appears to be native res. So that's even better.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 02:35   Link #4
Zexas

Old 2013-09-10, 11:17   Link #5
Nerroth
NePoi!

Old 2013-09-10, 18:31   Link #6
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
So I read up on this, found some footage of the demo... and was put in mind of Pandemic's Mercenaries games. It looks good, and I'm sure the mechanics are sound, but there're a few things I'm wondering about based on that...
  • we're fairly sure that most folks can't punch through a combat helmet with a knife (some of the melee kills do this);
  • it seems the only place you can get weapons is from Blackjack's caches - it makes no sense that OSP seems limited to scavenging ammunition. One possible justification would be the widespread use of 'gun locks' (a famous example shows up in License to Kill and the technology is reused in Skyfall; the problem is that the tech doesn't seem very practical for line-issue gear (yet one more thing to go wrong);
  • speaking of those caches, it's odd that they're sprinkled conveniently about like that. It'd make more sense if you had to call for one and wait for delivery (and yes, some of the specials are in fact delivered that way);
  • The ISA Intruder remains one of the biggest design fails, even more inexplicable than the M82 and StA-52 losing their mated weapons after the first game (the latter is, to be honest, a long-running gripe of mine)... something all the more glaring given the obvious effort Guerrilla put into fleshing out the world.
Now I'm imagining what this could be like if Guerrilla had in fact chosen to make wholesale use of Pandemic's playbook...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote