AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-10-26, 20:52   Link #1
videoman190

Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP)

The Persona series return with the remake of the PSX classic!

Quote:
- Coming this Winter
- Supports Media Install
- Soundtrack CD pre-order bonus

- It's a "remake" like Persona 1 with balance and control improvements while based on the original game
- The gameplay systems will be based on Eternal Punishment's refinements instead of just the original Innocent Sin
- Soejima will be doing brand new full body illustrations for the characters, while the art staff will implement new portraits and cut-ins based on his supervision

- When you move around you'll see status details and a minimap now, and there will be various UI improvements, etc
- In battles you'll see the affinity of your demons, as well as character turn orders

- Battle balance and time constrained events will be retuned to make it more user friendly
- Difficulty can be changed on the fly in the menu
- Voices will all be remastered, but not re-recorded

- Brand new opening anime FMV by Satelight
- The original opening FMV is also included
- Arranged and Original BGM can be selected in the config menu

Last edited by videoman190; 2010-10-27 at 07:17.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 21:16   Link #2
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

THIS
THIS
THISSSS
AT LAST A REMAKE FOR THIS SERIES FFFFU-

Whew, I almost lose interest of this at all and only read the wiki summary for this but at last I could've a chance to play it...

I hope they will also do Eternal Punishment in the future.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 21:30   Link #3
leodamine
Divine Akuma

Hm.......maybe will get. I didn't really like persona 1 much, so I might just get it used and return it if I don't like it.
Old 2010-10-26, 22:15   Link #4
GundamAce
Traveler of Infinity

Ah, looks good. I only hope that Innocent Sin will be released in English this time despite the whole Hitler issue.
GundamAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 22:21   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Looks pretty nice. Nice to see games like this one get remade anyways.
Old 2010-10-26, 23:06   Link #6
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
YES. YES YES YES YES YES. ILU ATLUS. YOU NEVER FAIL TO MAKE ME SHED otome MANRY TEARS WITH THE REMAKESSSSSSSS~~~

Persona 2's dual titles are probably one of my top favourite from PS one era (and prolly even my personal favourite from Persona series as much as 3 is a lovely take on another flavour), as much as back at that time, Tsumi really confuses me even with the help of someone who is good at Japanese But still, I'm so happy with the remake at the moment. Also a good indication that Batsu is gonna be remake too~~

Hopefully this time Tsumi will be localized officially (i.e: No need for people waiting for English patch, for those poor souls who don't speak moonspeak), and that this remake has new contents

Now I must go back to the damn 150 pages worth of memorizing book... Q_Q

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 02:59   Link #7
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

If I ever get a PSP, I'll fer sure consider this a purchase.

.............but before that, I have to freakin' finish my Persona 4 file already.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 06:28   Link #8
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I haven't played Persona 2 before....but did they changed the character portrait or something ? It doesn't looks like Kazuma Kaneko (assuming that he's the one who drew it back in PS1) ...

Old 2010-10-27, 06:37   Link #9
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I haven't played Persona 2 before....but did they changed the character portrait or something ? It doesn't looks like Kazuma Kaneko (assuming that he's the one who drew it back in PS1) ...
In-game character portraits in both IS and EP PS1 are actually drawn by Soejima. (Yeah he is in ATLUS since way back before) Kazuma Kaneko only did the external/promotional arts (those that we see so much in the net) and is the main character designer, quite frankly, aside from being the well-known 'demon designer' he is known nowadays P2's in-game portraits were... Non-Kaneko esque to say at the very least.

EDIT: The info is taken from Wiki Japan. I know Megaten Wiki has the info too but w/e, my brain is bleaching!

But the remake seems to revamp the full body image (like in the scan), as in they are redrawn by Soejima this time. The colouring is a dead ringer for Soejima's aesthetique lol Then again, Soejima did work as co-character designer too back then.

/me as Kaneko fan : a bit @ the lack of Kaneko's image love.

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-10-27 at 06:50. Reason: Shoot, correcting parts edit!
Old 2010-10-27, 12:48   Link #10
AnimeFangirl

Nope, Atlus. You still don't get me, not going to buy a PSP. Not unless you put Persona 5 on it or something. That reminds me that I still haven't played my PS1 copy of P2, though.

Edit: which magazine was this in, btw? I should really subscribe to some of these J-mags.
Old 2010-10-29, 03:16   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

First look into the game can be found over on andriasang.
Old 2010-10-29, 10:48   Link #12
spikexp

I would prefer if they could put it on PSN, so that I can play on my PS3 ans my PSP
Well, I might consider them even if I've already played them on my CFW psp.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 13:52   Link #13
Kazu
Flowing

Cool now I can almost finally say I played all personas

although I never played any of the persona 2's

I remember there was a

Spoiler for boss:

Do you think they'll keep him there or not, I think they will keep him there since they've shown him in so may times in countless shows (family guy for example)
Old 2010-10-30, 04:05   Link #14
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
The original opening FMV is also included
Excellent, I like the original "Der Doppelgänger" OP.

Quote:
Arranged and Original BGM can be selected in the config menu
Also this. P2, IMO, has the best version of the Velvet Room theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu
Do you think they'll keep him there or not, I think they will keep him there since they've shown him in so may times in countless shows (family guy for example)
We're in the 21st century. Barring some stupid Sony shenanigans* we should get the entire thing as is.

*that's just my continuing bitterness over Soul Hackers being denied an official Western release back in the day by SCEA because it's 2-D.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 09:59   Link #15
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
We're in the 21st century. Barring some stupid Sony shenanigans* we should get the entire thing as is.

*that's just my continuing bitterness over Soul Hackers being denied an official Western release back in the day by SCEA because it's 2-D.
I always thought that homosexual thing was the issue that Innocent Sin didn't make it in the west, where as Eternal Punishment did.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 10:16   Link #16
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I heard that it's the Nazi issues...Well, Dragon Age still keep their selling even though there's homosexual things in their romance path, so I guess it's no problem for P2 to be released here just because of that reason.

Quote:
Also this. P2, IMO, has the best version of the Velvet Room theme.
The first time I've heard of it.

Yeah, I can see why you call it the best velvet room theme in persona The piano at the first few seconds are amazing...but still, the vocal is not that good imo compared to p3 and p4.

Old 2010-10-30, 11:11   Link #17
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
I heard that it's the Nazi issues...Well, Dragon Age still keep their selling even though there's homosexual things in their romance path, so I guess it's no problem for P2 to be released here just because of that reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I always thought that homosexual thing was the issue that Innocent Sin didn't make it in the west, where as Eternal Punishment did.
Both are the believable reasons. Although to be fair on the homosexual part, it was almost not present in the storyline.

Spoiler for Minor spoiler-no name mentioned and as vague as usual:

Still, it''s pretty much changeable if Sony/Atlus wants it (back in 1990-ish, we get mucked up, incorrigible translations hoho. Actually even now, but whatever.), so I kinda doubt the validity of the issue.

Personally though I am leaning to the Nazis issue, but just as reasonable issue. As long as Atlus keeps silent about it, no one will ever know why IS is never brought to the West.

Ahem, to go back on the topic, the new OP animation is really incredible- very smooth and unique :3 Somehow I really want to get new animated sequences now :'I

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2010-10-30 at 11:25. Reason: 3 am, and brain sleeping.
Old 2010-10-31, 15:14   Link #18
AnimeFangirl

The Nazi thing means German players are probably out of luck, huh?
Old 2010-11-12, 10:51   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Some new information and plenty of new screenshots can be found over on andriasang.

I'm sure loving the visual look of this game, and seeing as though i've never played the second title before, i'm sure to have a blast. Guess i should go bash out the first game before that happens though.
Old 2010-11-12, 13:09   Link #20
YamaMX

Probably one of, if not my favorite RPG of all time. I loved the late sequels (P3/P4) but the style of Persona 2 and it's mature tone is unrivaled. It's great to see it on PSP with a new UI, hopefully North America will get a legit localization.
YamaMX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psp