AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-04-23, 08:56   Link #2901
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
hmmm
I still do wonder how Masaki got killed by King Fisher. If Masaki was in the process of hollowfication, it'd make her stronger instead of her getting weaker since Urahara was doing the same procedure he did for Shinji and co
The procedure is different. What they're doing is going to prevent the hollowification altogether and unable her to remain a normal human. She's probably going to lose her spiritual powers as well.
Old 2013-04-23, 08:56   Link #2902
shalala

Sooo when do they get married?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 09:21   Link #2903
chidorimen

Nice chapter. Seems like the gigai Urahara gave Isshin is similar to the one he gave Rukia in the beginning.
chidorimen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 09:30   Link #2904
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Wait a minute, so this one would be a double issue since Golden Week is next week?
Old 2013-04-23, 09:32   Link #2905
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Wait a minute, so this one would be a double issue since Golden Week is next week?
Yup, no chapter next week...
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 09:46   Link #2906
GDB

"So you're saying the only way for this chick I dig to live is if she marries me? And I get to become human and have kids and stuff? And all I have to do is stop fighting enemies that are trying to kill me? Why do you look so surprised that I readily accept?"
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 10:45   Link #2907
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
well, he needs to sooner or later. If he didn't, Bleach would have a flaw in the plot

and because of that, I'm getting this idea that Masaki was alive all along
lol I doubt Toriyama had Freeza in mind down the road when he started Dragonball.

Easy explanation. The opposite of human is hollow and the opposite of shinigami is quincy according to this chapter. Since Isshin is now human/shinigami and his soul is eternally bound to the hollow/quincy misaki, they cancel each other out.

So basically I'm betting she lost her powers too.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 12:09   Link #2908
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Calling it right now; The evil quincies killed Masaki, and either the Grand Fisher TOOK credit for it, or they made him say he did it (or Aizen was involved somehow). Ichigo wouldn't have known at that point, and Ishin was incapable of knowing since he did not have his powers.

Or even better, Masaki is still alive, and is being kept hostage in Vandereich.

This will give Ichigo a nice good reason to go there and kick some ass.
Old 2013-04-23, 13:56   Link #2909
ChampDream
Alive

Isshin practically accept to get marry and have a child
Aizen must be preparing the wedding while everything is going on
Old 2013-04-23, 14:20   Link #2910
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

So how did Isshin know about FGT in this instance? If he managed to get to that level, wouldn't he have been much more than a mere captain? Even if he didn't have a hollow to fuse with, he would still have been considerably more powerful than everyone else (apart from Yamajii), and much more powerful than that hollow thingy
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 15:06   Link #2911
Eragon
Still Alive

So.........you asking me whether I want to marry a girl who is cute, hot AND took out an Uber badass hollow at point-blank range and made it look like she was grocery shopping - yeaaahhhh, real tough choice
Old 2013-04-23, 15:10   Link #2912
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
So how did Isshin know about FGT in this instance? If he managed to get to that level, wouldn't he have been much more than a mere captain? Even if he didn't have a hollow to fuse with, he would still have been considerably more powerful than everyone else (apart from Yamajii), and much more powerful than that hollow thingy
I don't think we should refer to Ichigo's example as a classic case of what happens after learning FGT (or whatever final move a bankai grants its user). That's to say, learning that final attack won't make a shinigami exponentially stronger like it did to Ichigo. If I had to guess, all it typically does is grant them access to their bankai's final technique.

The reason why Ichigo got so much more powerful during the process of learning FGT was because he supposedly had to come to full terms with an entire half of his power he spent so long trying to control rather than accept. So once that happened, his bankai changed a little and his overall power ascended to a dimension of its own.

In short, even though I think Isshin might know FGT, I don't think him (or any other typical shinigami) learning it would have nearly the same effects it had on Ichigo. I'll even dare say that learning such a technique might not make a shinigami stronger at all...until the times comes when they decide to sacrifice their powers just to use their "final" attack.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-04-23 at 15:27.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 15:24   Link #2913
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
On an unrelated note, its interesting how the chapter confirms Masaki is indeed roughly 100 years old. So it seems this chapter confirmed that Quincy's do have extended life spans, perhaps on par to that of shinigami's if Juha Bach is any indicator.
Why is she 100 years old? This is about 15-20 years ago, as it features Toshiro as 3rd seat, and in -35/6 (depending on which release) he was still living with his grandmother before he met Rangiku - Isshin's complete non-recognition of Urahara despite having had time to rise to the rank of captain suggests that he was not within the upper echelons of the Gotei 13, as otherwise he would have had contact with him at meetings - I think that Urahara's comment about studying her condition is more about hollowification, which is more in line with him gaining his captaincy about 110 years before the main plot
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 15:27   Link #2914
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Why is she 100 years old? This is about 15-20 years ago, as it features Toshiro as 3rd seat, and in -35/6 (depending on which release) he was still living with his grandmother before he met Rangiku - Isshin's complete non-recognition of Urahara despite having had time to rise to the rank of captain suggests that he was not within the upper echelons of the Gotei 13, as otherwise he would have had contact with him at meetings - I think that Urahara's comment about studying her condition is more about hollowification, which is more in line with him gaining his captaincy about 110 years before the main plot
OH wait! Forget it. I misinterpreted Urahara's words big time. *edits post*
My bad.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 15:33   Link #2915
SeanQ

To simply put it...my head hurts...
Old 2013-04-23, 16:17   Link #2916
TimeSkip

If the hollow was transferred to Ichigo after he was born, either Masaki or Isshin should have gotten her/his powers back because there was no need to use soul-string to protect Masaki anymore.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 16:24   Link #2917
Alchemist007
*Author

As much as we were told, there's way more we don't know especially when it comes to this soul tying stuff.
Old 2013-04-23, 22:31   Link #2918
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

For some reason when I finished the chapter I imagined what jokes would Alchemist007 come up with his comics. Two hints: Fanservice and symbolism. XD
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 22:40   Link #2919
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
OH wait! Forget it. I misinterpreted Urahara's words big time. *edits post*
My bad.
Interestingly enough, this chapter effectively confirms that Quincies (at least in Ryuuken's experience) don't normally have a particularly lengthened lifespan, since he was so surprised about Urahara's age. By comparison, Isshin, who is certainly more familiar with multi-centenarians (and as a Shinigami, may very well be one at this point), took the revelation of his age relatively in stride and just asked him who he was.

My guess is Juha Bach is so old only because he spends all his time in the Schatten Bereich. Might explain why he's so hell-bent on destroying the Shinigami, and thus the soul balance. The ability for him to exist in any realm for any length of time without aging might be a side effect of the walls between realms being destroyed.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 01:17   Link #2920
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
I don't think we should refer to Ichigo's example as a classic case of what happens after learning FGT (or whatever final move a bankai grants its user). That's to say, learning that final attack won't make a shinigami exponentially stronger like it did to Ichigo. If I had to guess, all it typically does is grant them access to their bankai's final technique.

The reason why Ichigo got so much more powerful during the process of learning FGT was because he supposedly had to come to full terms with an entire half of his power he spent so long trying to control rather than accept. So once that happened, his bankai changed a little and his overall power ascended to a dimension of its own.

In short, even though I think Isshin might know FGT, I don't think him (or any other typical shinigami) learning it would have nearly the same effects it had on Ichigo. I'll even dare say that learning such a technique might not make a shinigami stronger at all...until the times comes when they decide to sacrifice their powers just to use their "final" attack.
I think the biggest indicator would be the point that Ichigo could "feel" Aizen's reiatsu, while no one else could fully "Understand"/"comprehend" the magnitude of his power. In other words, Ichigo always had unbelievable power/potential, and his FGT helped him get there/tap into that. His dad, Isshin, on the other hand, is likely nowhere as strong with FGT just purely given the fact that he can't sense Aizen's true reiatsu when he was in "condom" mode.

Tags
bleach, chapter