AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-14, 00:51   Link #1
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Cain related.

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Valvrave the Liberator fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-06-14, 01:00   Link #2
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

What is Cain's connection to the Valvraves? Him being a former scientist that worked on them or had some hand in creating them would make a little sense.
Old 2013-06-14, 01:19   Link #3
Irenesharda

Cain is at the crux of everything here. He knows more about the Valvraves and their background than anyone else and carries their mark. Also, we find out this episode that he's second to the Fuhrer? That can not be a good thing.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-14, 01:53   Link #4
Key Board
Carbon

model kit information implies that VVV-1 was originally an mysterious relic discovered by Jior

I'm guessing that Cain was it's former pilot.. or rather.. it's former pilot (which may or may not be human) hijacked the body of Cain that we know as of now

This happened 25 years ago

VVV-1 was broken

Not having the means to fix it himself, Cain leaked the whereabouts of VVV-1 to Jior in hopes that they would be able to repair it

They managed to do more than just that and actually replicated the Valvrave
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-06-14, 01:57   Link #5
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
My speculation is he used to be the test pilot of red VVV.

Or someone who is entrusted to this machines until something happens and he ends up being a military officer determined to recover what he has lost.
Old 2013-10-28, 14:46   Link #6
Irenesharda

You know, some people were wondering as to whether or not Cain (and his generation) has immortality like Haruto's generation.

I just now realized that his age is listed as 38 years old, and he's been in the army for 20 years since being Amadeus' right hand during the revolution that occurred 20 years ago, and he's been a colonel for 12 of those years. However, despite being one of the oldest characters in the series, he doesn't look a day over 20 or at most 25, especially considering anime years.

So, I'm thinking that like Marie, he too stopped aging ten years ago when he became a Magius, which would put his physical age at 28, which is how he looks, despite the fact that he's almost 40. So yeah, I would say his group and probably all the 101 council have the immortality factor.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-28, 16:08   Link #7
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wonder, is the type of immortality Haruto, Saki, Kyuuma, Raizo and Akira have is dependent on their Valvrave still being able to function?

While people like Cain and Marie gained immortality through different methods, their immortality has different rules. Then again, Marie looks to be part of the "Third" generation along with Haruto.
Old 2013-10-28, 16:24   Link #8
Irenesharda

We'd probably have to see Cain or Amadeus hurt or injured to see if they also have the same healing factor that Haruto and company have. If so, that would mean that Cain and the council are probably an earlier generation and that they have the same immortality that Haruto and friends have and probably a lot more.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-28, 16:30   Link #9
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

And with the symbols/markings that appear on their blood cells and skin. I think someone on the board came with the idea that they could mean different clans or different progenitors. Could this mean Cain, Haruto and Saki came from the same progenitor (possibly Pino and Prue?)

Maybe the symbol shows up on their skin after a few years?
Old 2013-10-28, 16:35   Link #10
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:

Clover seems to be the mark of Magius

Spoiler:

while the triple v seems to be the mark of runes
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-28, 16:57   Link #11
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wonder why Cain doesn't have the clover mark then?
Old 2013-10-28, 17:35   Link #12
Irenesharda

I beg to differ. I think the triple V is the mark of the Magius, since we see them on everyone that has been transformed into an immortal in some way or another. The screenshot you gave is the classic symbol of an atom, as they've also given the rune and elemental symbol of "Rn" (though technically that symbol is already taken by Radon).

As for the clover mark, I will stick to my theory that the clover is simply that of one of the Magius clans. Until we see Cain actually jacking a body, we will probably have to wait to see what his clan mark is.

Though good catch with the symbol on the clothing. I'm not sure if that was just a symplified design of the swirls that are part of Dorssia's symbol or not since we saw earlier that there are members of the Magius dressed exactly this way and seem to stay in Dorssia. Or it could also be possible that most or all members of the council are from the same clan. Since this is only the council of the Magius, this must mean there are other Magius out there that this council rules over as a government body.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-28, 20:08   Link #13
Fjoergyn

Cain intrigues me for his obsessive interest in L-Elf and call it his masterpiece. We could have a closer relationship that not even known L-Elf.
Old 2013-10-28, 20:16   Link #14
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Cain intrigues me for his obsessive interest in L-Elf and call it his masterpiece. We could have a closer relationship that not even known L-Elf.
It's possible. Then again he could just view him as his greatest student. His masterpiece. Personally, I think L-Elf could be a potential backup body in case Cain's body takes too much damage.
Old 2013-10-28, 21:28   Link #15
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I kind of wish Cain will join Haruto's side, Cain is a awesome dude, i don't want him to kick the bucket in the end.
Old 2013-10-28, 21:52   Link #16
Irenesharda

I was looking at Cain again, and actually when you look into him a little closer, he's actually not that bad a guy, at least with those closer to him. He's close and loyal to his friend Amadeus. He seems to care about his team enough to be interested in their relationships and allow them to try to rectify things on their own. He has yet to punish his team for any of their mistakes or failures, even though in their culture failure would be unacceptable. He also seems to care about Prue, who he considers the feelings of and asks nicely if he would lend him his power. He could have easily killed L-elf for his betrayal at anytime, but doesn't and simply arrests him. X-1 points out that they have Cain to thank for their upbringing and for their very survival, and while X-1's opinion may be colored, it had to be formed from something. He's also a pretty practical leader and doesn't really waste time simply being "evil", and from what we can hear of his reasons, they are noble at least from his people's point of view. All he wants is to get Pino/VVVI back in order to save his clan.

Sure Cain is a bad guy from the MCs point of view, but I think he's a little deeper of a character than we've seen so far.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-10-28 at 23:06.
Old 2013-10-28, 23:03   Link #17
~BC~

Going by how unsettled L-Elf was and how he describes his training (using a word associated with taming animals) I'd say Cain is a pretty bad guy. He's just a lot better about manipulating people than L-Elf.
Old 2013-10-28, 23:16   Link #18
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

So he could be considered faux affably evil.

To tell the truth we haven't seen his bad side yet. I'm interested to see how evil he can be. But he is very smooth and has a coolness about him, a good bit of that can be credited to Daisuke Ono's performance.
Old 2013-10-29, 01:27   Link #19
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I beg to differ. I think the triple V is the mark of the Magius, since we see them on everyone that has been transformed into an immortal in some way or another. The screenshot you gave is the classic symbol of an atom, as they've also given the rune and elemental symbol of "Rn" (though technically that symbol is already taken by Radon).
I suppose, but let me clarify my point in case I wasn't clear enough.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-12, 01:20   Link #20
Irenesharda

I was wondering, do you think if L-elf had ever known the real Cain, he would have liked him more?

I’m not sure about X-1 and H-9, but I think this Magius that took over Cain’s body (I’ll call him just Cain from now on since he’s the only Cain we as the audience really knows) is the one who trained L-elf and A-drei and Q-vier. I mean, Cain became a Magius ten years ago, and we know that up until the age of 6, L-elf was in a concentration camp. He’s only 17, so if he ever met the real Cain, it was only for a year, so for the most part, L-elf has known, worked with, and been trained by Magius Cain. And I’m betting the same goes for A-drei and especially Q-vier, who probably have never met the real Cain.

Interestingly Cain and Real Cain seem to have opposite views on things as far as I can see, but similar in others. Both seem to care about their perspective peoples with Magius Cain wanting to save his clan and caring of Prue having to fight despite what it is alluded to that he's been through, and Real Cain caring about his two young boy subordinates enough to go out and save their lives. However, Real Cain seems to be all about self-sufficiency and always having the greatest strength and preparation in any situation, many of these are Dorssian key principals. Magius Cain seems to advocate friendship, loyalty, and camaraderie and watching each other's backs. He's mentioned friendship about three or four times now in key scenes and approves of his team forming relationships with each other and others. He admires teamwork.

Both Cains seem to have their flaws, but both have pretty good attributes too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread

Tags
characters