Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-20, 09:46   Link #41
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

A nice little episode, altho having her bumping shoulders with that bloke that she cant be seen kinda ruining a bit there

Oh well Overall an emotional episode .. So tempted to put 1 in the illusionary voting poll as its very painfull 2nd half
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-09-20, 10:24   Link #42
Aadi

This was an interesting episode...I'm still a little disappointed about last week's episode, so I watched it twice to make sure it wasn't influencing my perception. I liked that it was emotional, but am somewhat confused at why she was given 12 hours to finalize her life...doesn't sound Arrancarish to me (remembering the poor nurse that got her head bashed in for no reason). Also, Ichigo's injury's didn't seem that bad that he would be knocked out for so long...I guess they needed him to be out for that final scene.

Someone made a comment about how this was the most emotional episode to date, to which was replied:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
Not sure about that one, when Ichigo talked about his mom, that episode, even though it was only part of it, was probably the saddest one around, I almost shed a tear because of how he talked about his mother.
I agree with Jays, the episode(s) dealing with his mother had much more emotional impact...this was still a good episode, just not the top emo to date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Interesting choice of the word halcyon.
I thought so too...the golden days have ended, the line has been drawn and the final showdown has begun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
wow what a great ep, even though there was no action and was a bit unbleach like, the part with orihime in ichigos room was really moving. the music and the way they showed her holding ichigos hand whilst going for the kiss was really well done

and it was surprising how different orihime looks in the early eps during the flashback scenes, didnt really notice the change but she looks alot more mature now
I thought that part was done well too...it was all within character (her not actually being able to kiss him, but wanting to so desperately). As far as maturing...she has been through a lot...they all have...they definitely have a veteran look to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starion View Post
That was one of the rare times I was desperately hoping for a manga deviation. I was soooo hoping she would go say goodbye to Tatsuki instead of Ichigo. Oh well, it was an okay episode anyway.
She couldn't, Ichigo was the only one unconscious...anyone else would have been able to pick up on her emotional state and figured out she was saying good-bye, then there would have been trouble (according to a manga reader who clarified the "don't let them know" statement with a "or I'll kill them" qualifier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarugaki View Post
For those who wonder, I don't read the manga and have never read a spoiler
I am also a sinner who does not follow the manga...I'm not sure that Aizan is aware of the Vizard, they are extraodinarily apt at hiding their energy, so they wouldn't have peeked his curiosity enough for him to go after them...but I do agree that they've been hinting with both Chad and Inoue, that their powers are different but familiar...it'll be interesting how it plays out...
Old 2007-09-20, 10:34   Link #43
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by malinn View Post

Wow, you really are a 'emotionally ignorant'...
LOL one now can't even write his own opinion that some random bully has to offend.
Old 2007-09-20, 11:01   Link #44
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Yeah...I could tell.
That's borderline a spoiler...
Old 2007-09-20, 12:09   Link #45
Placid_Thunder_Cloud

I'll be downloading this ep later or the next day...
judging from everyone's replies... it's a good episode...

Good bye Halcyon Days... i loved the ep name...
Old 2007-09-20, 12:22   Link #46
battousai138

Send a message via MSN to battousai138
i wouldn't have used the word halcyon bcus most ppl (such as myself lol)wouldn't know wut it meant n have to go look it up in a dictionary.

i was hopin inoue would've healed ichigo but i guess she couldnt do any better than hachi.

i wanna c ichigo's dad reveal himself n fight. i almost thought he was ga say something to rukia about it but he didnt.

will the annimation ever b as good as in the beginning? I miss the good ol' days of bleach.
Old 2007-09-20, 15:40   Link #47
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarugaki View Post
That's borderline a spoiler...
How?

I don't get.

@ The Hitokiri above me...I think the animation has been superb lately, better than the SS arc, and most certainly those crappy fillers.
Old 2007-09-20, 15:56   Link #48
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aadi View Post
I liked that it was emotional, but am somewhat confused at why she was given 12 hours to finalize her life...doesn't sound Arrancarish to me (remembering the poor nurse that got her head bashed in for no reason). Also, Ichigo's injury's didn't seem that bad that he would be knocked out for so long...I guess they needed him to be out for that final scene.
Personally speaking, I don't think "Arrancarish" is a well-defined term. How Yami (another Arrancar) would handle things is very different from how Uliquorra would. Yami would have just grabbed Orihime by the hair and dragged her to Aizen.If she fought back, he would have simply smacked her up a bit. Uliquorra on the other hand prefers psychological intimidation and manipulation. In that aspect, he takes after Aizen somewhat. Pseudo-kindness and courtesy can be just as effective on a prisoner as sheer brutality.

Regarding Ichigo's injury......well, the following isn't really a spoiler but just to be on the safe side :

Spoiler for a slight spoiler for manga and 140 comparison:
Old 2007-09-20, 16:04   Link #49
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by battousai138 View Post

i was hopin inoue would've healed ichigo but i guess she couldnt do any better than hachi.
She did heal him. It didn't really implement it, but she healed his hand...
Old 2007-09-20, 16:40   Link #50
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
How?

I don't get.
Because you outright told him that his post is off >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-09-20, 16:41   Link #51
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by battousai138 View Post
i wouldn't have used the word halcyon bcus most ppl (such as myself lol)wouldn't know wut it meant n have to go look it up in a dictionary.

i wanna c ichigo's dad reveal himself n fight. i almost thought he was ga say something to rukia about it but he didnt.

will the annimation ever b as good as in the beginning? I miss the good ol' days of bleach.
[offtopic]
You know, learning some more English wouldn't actually hurt.
For the side note, I didn't know either what halcyon meant when I read the manga.
Can anyone tell me how to pronounce it?
[/offtopic]

I loved the animation of this ep, especially the scene in town, dreamy.
Fillers were ok, actually pretty funny altogether. The last scene was perfectly following the manga, that actually surprised me....Well good episode imho.
Old 2007-09-20, 17:09   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This was an emotionally mourning episode. They captured Orihime's sorrow at saying farewell to everyone quite naturally.

Spoiler:

I wonder why there was no preview for the next episode?
Old 2007-09-20, 17:13   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Good episode, but this couple of scenes made it great for me..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka
Can anyone tell me how to pronounce it?
Follow the link. Looks like we have been given a huge clue with that one single word as what to follow next in the upcoming future. Whatever Orihime is, she isn't dumb. I believe this is her last desperate cry for help which invovles the well being of a whole lot of people. Could it be that "Halcyon" somehow explains the righteous path Tousen is always so fond of talking about?

More theories to come.

*Please don't laugh at my theories if I'm way off the bandwagon.*
Old 2007-09-20, 18:18   Link #54
Scarlett_Rain55

Yeah, finally people can realize that Orihime isn't a selfish character. She gave up, her life, her
dreams, to save her friends. That's truly admirable. IMO
Old 2007-09-20, 20:23   Link #55
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Man he sure looks pissed in that first SS.

Not much to say about the episode really...It was done very nicely though and carried the spirit of the manga chapter it drew material from very well as far as presentation goes.

Now I wonder are we going to roll right into the next arc or pop back to fillers?

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-09-20, 20:26   Link #56
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Woah I thought she was gonna actually kiss him, but instead she left tears on him?
Old 2007-09-20, 21:57   Link #57
scorpio516

I was thinking the tears were gonna wake him, but another let down Poor orihime
Old 2007-09-20, 22:15   Link #58
striderm
Adusa #1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halcyon_days
Old 2007-09-20, 23:56   Link #59
Forever_young
Zero

Lol, peoplez comment here are sure different from the japanese comments. Most people don't like Orihime's character there and not many people liked the ep
Old 2007-09-21, 00:55   Link #60
evenex

I didn't see the ep but is it true she also went to Tatsuki to say good-bye? Cause then it's different from the manga
Closed Thread