AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-06, 09:28   Link #41
Dop
Mmmm....

I really enjoyed that, not right from the start, but certainly from the point where Favaro and Kaisar were having their horseback battle, and given the style of music at that point I had to wonder if Favaro Leone had to be a nod to old Sergio.
That was just a welcome dose of rollicking good fun. Hope it can keep that up.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 13:49   Link #42
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I really enjoyed that, not right from the start, but certainly from the point where Favaro and Kaisar were having their horseback battle, and given the style of music at that point I had to wonder if Favaro Leone had to be a nod to old Sergio.
Well, the name of the town is definitely a nod to Wyatt Earp...

That aside, I don't know why some people say this show feels like western animation or intended for a western audience. It feels plenty homegrown anime to me.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 15:05   Link #43
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Loved the first episode.

Besides the stunning animation, the way it's been storyboarded felt a lot like the good 90's fantasy anime shows (like Escaflowne). I got exactly the same kind of positive vibes watching this. Let's hope the show will maintain this level of quality till the end!
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 15:09   Link #44
Go0gleplex
The Old Guy

Enjoyed the episode. Think demon girl is the best thing so far. But the guys...what the hell is with their lips. It's like they're wearing lipstick or something. Ewww! lol

"No society can thrive when it puts more money, effort, and emotion into its vices rather than its virtues."

Harem of choice? Uzume, Rory Mercury, Raphtalia, and Yasaka.
Go0gleplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 15:19   Link #45
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go0gleplex View Post
Enjoyed the episode. Think demon girl is the best thing so far. But the guys...what the hell is with their lips. It's like they're wearing lipstick or something. Ewww! lol
they have same as normal human natural lip color but because we are used to them without color it become so weird
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 15:22   Link #46
Jerseykid

i am sensing the dreaded different for the sake of being difference disease
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 15:41   Link #47
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
i am sensing the dreaded different for the sake of being difference disease
As long as it works? Better than Tanaka SameFace Tarou and Moeblob With Elaborate Hairdo #122353 in the anime adaptation of "My Little Sister Doesn't Care That I'm A Blatant Wishfulfillment Fantasy"...

By the way, over at the official twitter they've been posting some pretty spiffy promo art. (You'll have to scroll down a little.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 16:15   Link #48
AjayLikesGaming

Ooft, that was a very strong first episode. High action, great direction, wonderful animation and CGI that wasn't unbearable. Really promising stuff.

I really hope it keeps this level of quality up.
Old 2014-10-06, 17:55   Link #49
Nvis
Where are the good animes

On my watch list.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 18:04   Link #50
Wandering Soul

That was a very weird first episode but it was still enjoyable so I am looking forward to the rest.
Old 2014-10-06, 19:10   Link #51
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
That was quite an entertaining episode. Colour me surprised from something I didn't really have expectations for.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 21:10   Link #52
cupumanager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And whoever decided that pressing the point that it was based on a card game in the summary, needs to be fired. I know a lot of people who were put off and unsure of this show because of that. And yet this show really seems to have NOTHING to do with card games. It's completely fantasy/ adventure. I hope more people give this a chance since it's really quite awesome.
Yep, Me too...I did not expected much from this nor even it is in this season's Watchlist of Mine. We all have been used to expect Shows based on Trading Cards, Toys, and Games would gonna be some unabashed shameless Promotion tie-in; In another words, will have the Game/Toys aspects awkwardly inserted to the Adaptation without making sure that it'll actually fit in to the Show. Now, this one, at least so far, successfully embed the Summoning/Card Trading Mechanism into the Worldbuilding in a seamless manner.

And about "based on a card game"? That's a honest information.
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 21:52   Link #53
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

This was a great first episode. Personally I enjoy the card game, and since it's a mobile app I'm able to play it whenever I want. I wasn't sure about the story though, since the game has a whole lot of what you can call storylines going on at once, so the fact that it's not necessarily based on one of those storylines but just the general game as a whole has me really excited.

So far, I love the visuals and the fluid animation is always a plus. I saw the PVs when they were first announced but I wasn't too sure about the main characters at first, probably because they weren't moving! But now they've grown on me. And it's always great to see some familiar faces in the game. Hansa has always been easy to find in game, but it's always harder to get Kerberos, so knowing that she'll be in the anime is great!

I can't wait for next week, which is surprising because I normally HATE Mondays. However with this, I feel like I'll be able to enjoy my Mondays for a while.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 22:09   Link #54
Bogart
Banned

"Hey, you know all those neat characters and monsters we printed onto our cards?" "Yeah?" "Why don't we...make them the characters in an anime to sell our product?" "Pfft. That'll never fly. What we need are generic teenagers with bizarre hair-styles."
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 22:20   Link #55
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
"Hey, you know all those neat characters and monsters we printed onto our cards?" "Yeah?" "Why don't we...make them the characters in an anime to sell our product?" "Pfft. That'll never fly. What we need are generic teenagers with bizarre hair-styles."
That's precisely what they did with Yugioh, Vanguard, and several other shows. and look where they're at now, worldwide popularity status. At least since they managed to make it successful it seems reasonable that others would eventually follow in their footsteps. Though RoB's more unique way of doing things is a whole lot better than I could've imagined.
Old 2014-10-06, 22:43   Link #56
Bogart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
That's precisely what they did with Yugioh, Vanguard, and several other shows. and look where they're at now, worldwide popularity status.
And it's a real shame that they haven't even attempted to break from the format.
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 22:50   Link #57
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
And it's a real shame that they haven't even attempted to break from the format.
Hey, the best way to get someone's attention is to have some bright, colorful, and extreme hairstyle. It's because typical characters have normal hairstyles and color, that these characters with crazy ones are so memorable.
Old 2014-10-06, 22:55   Link #58
Irenesharda

Quote:
Hey, the best way to get someone's attention is to have some bright, colorful, and extreme hairstyle. It's because typical characters have normal hairstyles and color, that these characters with crazy ones are so memorable.
Well, the card game stuff isn't as popular as it used to be. Evidenced by the fact that simply saying this was based on a card game actually turned people away. I remember when Yu-gi-oh was such a big thing back in the early 2000s. However, it's popularity has dwindled a bit since then.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 22:55   Link #59
Esclair

Quote:
Those anime and the card games are marketed towards kids though. Whereas I'm thinking the audience for Rage of Bahamut might be more filled with older otaku.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 23:05   Link #60
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Those anime and the card games are marketed towards kids though. Whereas I'm thinking the audience for Rage of Bahamut might be more filled with older otaku.
RoB is, in ESRB terms, T for Teen and up, if how many teens around my age play it is anything to go by. Including me.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy