AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2021-08-10, 19:37   Link #21
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Good luck to anything that isn't a usual genre or heavily branded. And to those condemned to that sub-standard app.
Old 2021-08-11, 01:18   Link #22
BPD Renegade

As nice as it is to have both catalogs merged, I was futilely hoping this wouldn't go through. A little healthy competition doesn't hurt.

Quote:
Our goal is to create a unified anime subscription experience as soon as possible.

Sony's Press Release
Given this press release, and given that AnimeLab was sunset so recently, is it more likely that Crunchyroll will be rebranded as Funimation, with the entire site eventually shut down, rather than a new brand emerging? Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to me why they wouldn't wait until after the new brand was created to sunset AnimeLab, if they were planning to rebrand after the approval.

Maybe it's too early for eulogies and an RIP, but I'll miss using the View All feature on CR to see all available titles. Problems aside, CR's always been easier to navigate for me. It's hard to browse for random titles that aren't currently airing without a massive amount of scrolling and tedium on Funimation's website; I always give up and go to CR or do something else.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-01, 18:06   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Received an e-mail earlier about Funimation and Wakanim's catalogues coming to Crunchyroll. They estimate 80% of it will be on Crunchyroll by the end of March, and they'll keep adding the rest over time.

As for the Spring season, EVERYTHING will be simulcasted exclusively on Crunchyroll. Funimation and Wakanim will only keep uploading their on-going series (not clue what they are, I'm only watching Slow Loop and Hakozume on Wakanim, both of which will end this season).

So basically, everything is being unified under Crunchyroll's banner. If they don't increase the prices or start slacking off due to lack of competition, this is great news. Especially since my Crunchyroll subscription is a lot cheaper (I'm on a super old special offer). The problem is that my Wakanim subscription was renewed for a year in November, so I've written to them about they're going to do about this since they'll effectively be useless to me coming April. Should hear from them tomorrow, I'm sure they've got a template answer prepared.
Old 2022-03-01, 18:37   Link #24
BCMan5388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Received an e-mail earlier about Funimation and Wakanim's catalogues coming to Crunchyroll. They estimate 80% of it will be on Crunchyroll by the end of March, and they'll keep adding the rest over time.

As for the Spring season, EVERYTHING will be simulcasted exclusively on Crunchyroll. Funimation and Wakanim will only keep uploading their on-going series (not clue what they are, I'm only watching Slow Loop and Hakozume on Wakanim, both of which will end this season).

So basically, everything is being unified under Crunchyroll's banner. If they don't increase the prices or start slacking off due to lack of competition, this is great news. Especially since my Crunchyroll subscription is a lot cheaper (I'm on a super old special offer). The problem is that my Wakanim subscription was renewed for a year in November, so I've written to them about they're going to do about this since they'll effectively be useless to me coming April. Should hear from them tomorrow, I'm sure they've got a template answer prepared.
If that's the case, I'll keep my Funimation subscription until the entire library is on Crunchyroll.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-02, 14:19   Link #25
Lex79

This is the best outcome possible for me since I expect a lot more anime will be available in my country. Current Funimation titles most likely won't get subbed in Italian but that's a minor problem. So far Sony said they aren't going to raise the price for Crunchyroll's subscription, let's see for how long that's going to hold true.
Old 2022-03-04, 18:01   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Got an (template) answer from Wakanim support: they told me that the remaining days on my Wakanim subscription will get added to my Crunchyroll account. If they don't mess it up somehow, it's perfectly fine by me. It also makes sense for them to do that rather than pay people back.

The thread should probably be renamed.
Old 2022-03-05, 08:55   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sorry for the double post but an important update: Wakanim added the remaining days on my annual subscription (250) to my Crunchyroll account AND I'm apparently also keeping my Wakanim subscription until it runs its course.

So those with Funimation subscriptions should reach out to their support asap since they're probably doing the same thing.