Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-03-07, 18:15   Link #3441
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
ALL anime figures are made in China, as well as the mugs, keychains, glasses, towels/pillows/wallscrolls, etc Whether in a factory owned by a legit company or in some backalley in HongKong, that's the real difference
I don't have a single figure that doesn't have the "Made In China" label, which is actually a good thing. If a figure doesn't have it, that's most likely a bootleg ;

Only printed items like artbooks, magazines, calendars and trading crads are manufactured in Japan
Found your post by google. And glad that I found it.

I received my latext anime figurine yesterday, so glad I nearly hugged it.
Then to my horror, saw the Made in China label. It's a relief that having Made in China label isn't so bad after all.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 18:33   Link #3442
Revan21

Glad I could help
Old 2011-03-07, 20:10   Link #3443
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Precure All Stars PA-06 Cure Dream

Spoiler for delivered to my office yesterday:
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 20:15   Link #3444
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Yeah, it's kinda depressing to buy something from Japan and for it to made in China.

Still doesn't stop me hugging and smelling my figures desu. xD
Old 2011-03-07, 22:00   Link #3445
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
Yeah, it's kinda depressing to buy something from Japan and for it to made in China.

Still doesn't stop me hugging and smelling my figures desu. xD
Hugging figures? That's a bit weird. Dakimakura are for hugging.

(not figures but just got my newest one today; http://asako.quietlyspoken.net/shashin/sannoms.jpg coincidentally)
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 23:46   Link #3446
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Hugging figures? That's a bit weird. Dakimakura are for hugging.

(not figures but just got my newest one today; http://asako.quietlyspoken.net/shashin/sannoms.jpg coincidentally)
Well not hugging, but well you know.

Aww I seen a lot of Dakimakura that I would love, but I can't justify the price, personally I think they cost too much, way too much and the fact for the same amount of money, you can buy a figure! Also dread to think what my family would think if I brought something that Pedobear would drool over.
Old 2011-03-08, 00:51   Link #3447
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Well not hugging, but well you know.

Aww I seen a lot of Dakimakura that I would love, but I can't justify the price, personally I think they cost too much, way too much and the fact for the same amount of money, you can buy a figure! Also dread to think what my family would think if I brought something that Pedobear would drool over.
That's why you buy bootlegs from China, less than half the price. . . . though really, all of the ones I have aren't even official products to bootleg, so I don't feel bad about buying them from dubious sources. Two of mine were gifts, but the site they were purchased from sells for $40, which includes delivery. The same as the site I bought my Momiji from. I think that's not too bad... though it is difficult to find worthwhile, nonero ones. Two I have are more ecchi than I'd like, but I just keep them on the A side, B side can be ignored. ^^;

http://hobbyheart.com/ is where I got my Momiji from, http://janelee922.ecrater.com/c/7662...ng-pillow-case is where Rin and Hina came from. Both do have bootlegs of official cases, but the majority is just random fan works or other art that were never actually produced anyway.
Old 2011-03-08, 04:18   Link #3448
Revan21

Cirno Nendoroid

Quote:
Buy a magazine then.

That's how I got most of pillows.

I don't want them to be ero, nor do I need it to be double-sided since I would still display only one of them.
The quality is outstanding, the images are just as clear as the ones on the 8-9000yen pillowcases, but you can get these for 2-3000yen which I think is more justified

Last edited by Revan21; 2011-03-08 at 06:16.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 09:15   Link #3449
Gault
inc_mplete

have been getting in alot of Busou Shinki as of late

also got the COMPOSITE Ver KA Captain Haruhis Exoskeleton, only cause im a massive Mecha Musume fan and Haruhi has been kidnapped and my Busou Shinki have taken the Exoskeleton
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 15:59   Link #3450
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
My new Saeko is to dangerous for 14yr olds

Also Yuki arrived. Waiting to take her out of the box, until my photographer friend has time to take pictures of her
Old 2011-03-08, 16:30   Link #3451
Revan21

^ Did they paint her nipples this time? :P
Old 2011-03-09, 00:20   Link #3452
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
That's why you buy bootlegs from China, less than half the price. . . . though really, all of the ones I have aren't even official products to bootleg, so I don't feel bad about buying them from dubious sources. Two of mine were gifts, but the site they were purchased from sells for $40, which includes delivery. The same as the site I bought my Momiji from. I think that's not too bad... though it is difficult to find worthwhile, nonero ones. Two I have are more ecchi than I'd like, but I just keep them on the A side, B side can be ignored. ^^;

http://hobbyheart.com/ is where I got my Momiji from, http://janelee922.ecrater.com/c/7662...ng-pillow-case is where Rin and Hina came from. Both do have bootlegs of official cases, but the majority is just random fan works or other art that were never actually produced anyway.
Thanks for the links, I saved them now and seen a few that I like! Would rep you more, but it won't let me right now!

Shame all these are too sexual, would be nice to have some normal versions where I don't run the risk of being locked up. xD

Quote:
That's how I got most of pillows.

I don't want them to be ero, nor do I need it to be double-sided since I would still display only one of them.
The quality is outstanding, the images are just as clear as the ones on the 8-9000yen pillowcases, but you can get these for 2-3000yen which I think is more justified
So, even the bootlegs wash well?

figma Miku Hatsune Append ver. [MAX Factory]

Just made a Pre-order for her!!!! Go Go Go people!

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=engli...e_display.html

Old 2011-03-09, 01:39   Link #3453
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Shame all these are too sexual, would be nice to have some normal versions where I don't run the risk of being locked up. xD
<snip>
<snip>
There are nonero ones if you dig enough... though not necessarily of characters/from series you actually want (my main problem as I have specific tastes); it's easier to just settle for only displaying one side. ^^;

I have no problem washing my cases even though they're bootleg Chinese prints, just turn them inside out, put them in the washing machine and wash them on a delicate setting (since they're a satin type material) and line dry works fine for me.

Also, I like the figma version of Append more than the PVC version I've seen so far... but I dislike figmas. I hope they... append the PVC version to fix her stupid tie like it is on the figma, then I'll buy it no hesitation. I've wanted a Miku for ages and Append is the best looking, but I hate how her tie sticks out and leaves a big gap in her shirt on the normal figure.
Old 2011-03-09, 11:29   Link #3454
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Quote:
^ Did they paint her nipples this time? :P
lol, are you talking about Saeko? The answer is no. Kind of disapointing, i was expting nipples
Old 2011-03-09, 11:38   Link #3455
Qikz

Quote:

Ordered!
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 14:10   Link #3456
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
lol, are you talking about Saeko? The answer is no. Kind of disapointing, i was expting nipples
Certainly not about Yuki, don't you think?
Thanks anyway.
I guess I'll pass on the re-release too. Maybe a more qualified company will pick up HOTD in the future and make figures of the characters.
Old 2011-03-09, 16:01   Link #3457
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Ordered!
Good job! Don't you think the figma has the cutest face for an Miku figure? xD

Quote:
Certainly not about Yuki, don't you think?
Thanks anyway.
I guess I'll pass on the re-release too. Maybe a more qualified company will pick up HOTD in the future and make figures of the characters.
Yes, I wish there be more HOTD figures, the current ones are not that great to me.
Old 2011-03-09, 16:35   Link #3458
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Thanks for the links, I saved them now and seen a few that I like! Would rep you more, but it won't let me right now!

Just made a Pre-order for her!!!! Go Go Go people!

Getting funds together, must pre-order now!
Old 2011-03-10, 09:11   Link #3459
Zeroryoko1974

I still want the regular pvc append Miku figure. I hope it actually does come out
Old 2011-03-10, 22:08   Link #3460
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Does anyone know if this has a tendency to lean or anything?

I still have it unopened. Just deciding where to display it, depending on whether it has any known leaning problems.

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote