AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-23, 11:15   Link #1621
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
Ohh I see, thanks for the heads-up.
But .. I still don't know where to buy them! I don't have any of them so
That depends on where you live. If you live in the US, you can go to a local bookstore like Barnes & Noble. Outside of the US, you may need to order online, like from Amazon. If you live in Europe, I'd recommend Archonia personally, but you may want to check their shipping costs for your country first.
Old 2010-07-23, 12:50   Link #1622
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
That depends on where you live. If you live in the US, you can go to a local bookstore like Barnes & Noble. Outside of the US, you may need to order online, like from Amazon. If you live in Europe, I'd recommend Archonia personally, but you may want to check their shipping costs for your country first.
I'm from South America, and too bad Amazon doesn't accept credit cards from outsiders.

Is there any other website where I could buy online? PlayAsia as far as I know, doesn't have them
Old 2010-07-23, 13:14   Link #1623
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
I'm from South America, and too bad Amazon doesn't accept credit cards from outsiders.

Is there any other website where I could buy online? PlayAsia as far as I know, doesn't have them
Amazon.com at least accepts my credit card and I'm from Germany. You could also check Rightstuf.com . They ship internationally, however you probably have to send a scan of your card to them for verification.
Old 2010-07-23, 16:56   Link #1624
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:

bookdepository.co.uk - free shipping, worldwide. They have a ton of books and manga, but dunno what kinds of light novels they have. I know Yen Press has done a few besides Haruhi, so you could look for those specifically.
Old 2010-07-23, 21:41   Link #1625
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
bookdepository.co.uk - free shipping, worldwide. They have a ton of books and manga, but dunno what kinds of light novels they have. I know Yen Press has done a few besides Haruhi, so you could look for those specifically.
Woooww these guys from Yen Press have REALLY made a lot of work, it looks wonderful. They even release hard-cover versions of the light novels

Turns out that I can buy from Amazon after fall, I hope that I can find the hard-cover releases of Yen Press, they have very nice reviews in the intwerwebz,

Last edited by ueXia; 2010-07-23 at 22:22.
Old 2010-07-23, 22:32   Link #1626
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Woooww these guys from Yen Press have REALLY made a lot of work, it looks wonderful. They even release hard-cover versions of the light novels

Turns out that I can buy from Amazon after fall, I hope that I can find the hard-cover releases of Yen Press, they have very nice reviews in the intwerwebz,
Yeah, was going to point out that you can't buy directly from YenPress.com - that's just their catalogue page - but I just type "Yen Press" into the Book Depository search and all their titles show up. (I'm a huge fan of the Book Depository over Amazon, plus they take Paypal :P)

I don't think they offer hardcover versions of all the books, only the ones that are going to sell really well. Book Girl (the first one at least), seems to be only available in paperback, for example. Haruhi might be the only hardcover that they do (at least, that I'm aware of).

Also, look up Viz's light novels. They've done Shana, dunno about others. (Starting to get a bit offtopic from Haruhi merchandise, though...)
Old 2010-07-25, 02:12   Link #1627
yakumo-chan

is the dvd of haruhi movie out yet?
Old 2010-07-25, 03:34   Link #1628
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still in theaters.
Old 2010-07-25, 09:37   Link #1629
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Kyon should just ask Yuki to do it and it will be done perfectly in a flash. Why go to all that trouble?

That said, Blu-Ray authoring isn't that easy. I do hope they encode it properly, using a decent encoder like x264...
Old 2010-07-25, 10:03   Link #1630
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Kyon should just ask Yuki to do it and it will be done perfectly in a flash. Why go to all that trouble?

That said, Blu-Ray authoring isn't that easy. I do hope they encode it properly, using a decent encoder like x264...
The rumor going around 2ch and other various places is that the amount of pre-orders so far has vastly exceeded the amount they had planned on making (It's already 23rd on Amazon Japan's yearly overall DVD/BD rankings in less than 2 weeks), so they had to delay it to ensure everyone got a copy at release date. It's something that won't likely be said in public though, so there's no way to confirm that's the reason why.

Granted the authoring explanation does have some validity. They've changed the specifications of the set a few times (adding the new Taniguchi segments, the "making of" clips, the special ED, and of course the English audio) and they could be examining what they could and couldn't put on the set. They still have to add in the textless OP/ED sets (which seem mandatory for any anime set) so it's still likely to change.

I viewed the "apology" as just a funny reference for the fans from Sigh V and the overall trend of Haruhi making Kyon do everything for the series rather than an actual reason. The official line (as usual) is that various circumstances have caused the delay. Here is my translation of the official statement on the fansite listing and Kyoto Animation's website that goes as follows:
Quote:
[Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Bluray Complete Box] (KAXA-2000) release date change notification and apology
To everyone,
Nowadays we are thrilled to see the amount of energy from you grow more and more. We give thanks for your exceptional support in the past. We originally listed the release date as 10/22/2010, but due to various circumstances we have had to change it. We are immensely sorry that this inconveniences our customers. We ask that you continue to support our company's works in the future. Sincerely,
Staff
I'm sorry that I did not put the official notice and apology in my original post. If this misled anyone, I do apologize for my actions.

Edit: Also at the Summer Wonder festival, some figures were shown from the Haruhi series. The first are two figures that were released this month by Sega and are based from "Endless Eight"

There is a variation edition of Haruhi in her bikini with the collection.

Next are a couple of Nendoroids from the movie. The non-spoiler one is Yuki to be released in November:

Spoiler:

Finally the figma line from Max Factory had three to be shown. The first is middle school Haruhi released next month:
Bench is included

Following in October is Mikuru Asahina (adult version):

And the last one released in November is from the movie and is a spoiler:
Spoiler:

All images are from the Gigazine article from the Wonder Festival. If you go to the site, the spoiler images are shown, so be wary if you haven't seen the movie or read the novel.

2nd Edit (7/27): It's not worthy of a double post, but some more stores have put out images of their special favors:
Chara-ani (also on last page): Cloth poster by Noizi Ito-sensei

Sofmap: Promotional picture card

HMV: Original Telephone card

Animate: Desktop Calendar

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-07-27 at 11:30.
Old 2010-07-31, 17:25   Link #1631
Strife212

The new nendoroids and figmas are looking good

I ordered the Haruhi Dollfie Dream earlier for 75,000 yen, just waiting on the shop getting back to me now. Can't wait to see it >_<
Old 2010-07-31, 17:52   Link #1632
Gyom

Send a message via MSN to Gyom
Final cover for Haruhi-chan blu ray :
Old 2010-07-31, 18:33   Link #1633
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Also put up on the site is the official listing for the Taniguchi Goes Special DVD. Interesting that they list the run time of the segments as 70 minutes when all 8 on the LE DVDs total to just under 2 hours. I'm curious as to what they are going to cut.

Edit: The new artbook is absolutely fantastic. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who can find it. It's only 1980 yen and is worth it. The quality of the images is amazing and a good trip down memory lane. Here's a couple of images that I've taken:

I can't wait for the next one to come out!

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-03 at 20:52.
Old 2010-08-07, 11:36   Link #1634
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Sorry again for double-posting, but Kyoto Animation have finally revealed the color prototype for their movie edition Yuki Nagato figure. As expected it's 8000 yen and it will start shipping in Japan during February 2011. The K-On! figures styled after Don't Say Lazy begin shipping this month and last until December, so it'll start after those finish.

Here are a few images of the figure:

More images can be found on their official colored figure page. If anyone is interested in getting it, you'd have to go through a middleman and have them order from this page.

Old 2010-08-08, 15:33   Link #1635
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

What an amazingly beautiful statue. Well worth the 8000 yen I'd say.
Old 2010-08-09, 02:08   Link #1636
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

So there more than likely wont be any word on the Blu ray release of disappearance for a couple months till the theatrical showings end, eh? Most unfortunate.

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-08-09, 18:04   Link #1637
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Sorry again for double-posting, but Kyoto Animation have finally revealed the color prototype for their movie edition Yuki Nagato figure. As expected it's 8000 yen and it will start shipping in Japan during February 2011. The K-On! figures styled after Don't Say Lazy begin shipping this month and last until December, so it'll start after those finish.

More images can be found on their official colored figure page. If anyone is interested in getting it, you'd have to go through a middleman and have them order from this page.
Very good looking Yuki figure, shame the store doesn't ship abroad. Will have to see if I can arrange something.
Old 2010-08-16, 07:11   Link #1638
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Those wondering what the "mini cel" image would look like from Kyoto Animation with their online store exclusive with the BD-Box finally have an answer:

This is the original image that will be colored. It'll likely be the inner square with the outer square representing the matting of the cel. It's not for certain that we will see one of these colored before they are shipped.

Old 2010-08-19, 18:18   Link #1639
Haruhiism
Figma Collector

Quote:
Edit: The new artbook is absolutely fantastic. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who can find it. It's only 1980 yen and is worth it. The quality of the images is amazing and a good trip down memory lane.

Yea, I also picked this up right after its release and I can definitely recommend it to any fan. Already have the Fall/Winter book preordered.
Old 2010-08-20, 19:46   Link #1640
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Also put up on the site is the official listing for the Taniguchi Goes Special DVD. Interesting that they list the run time of the segments as 70 minutes when all 8 on the LE DVDs total to just under 2 hours. I'm curious as to what they are going to cut.

Edit: The new artbook is absolutely fantastic. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who can find it. It's only 1980 yen and is worth it. The quality of the images is amazing and a good trip down memory lane. Here's a couple of images that I've taken:
Spoiler for Pictures:

That new artbook is absolutely amazing (just like you said) Also its that cheap of a price? I'll defiantly be looking for it
Closed Thread