AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-29, 19:04   Link #1981
wanwan1203
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
I never stated that it's canon. Or at least not in the last two years. I have only said that their romantic relationship is highly implied and assumed by most part of the fanbase.
fanbase =/= canon sadly ^^ and no matter how much the fanbase /assumes/ it, it won't be canon until the author /directly/ stated it. stated, not implied, mind you.

EDIT: page claim for...popcorn. ehem *scurries away*

Last edited by wanwan1203; 2009-06-29 at 19:19. Reason: editing page claim
Old 2009-06-29, 19:24   Link #1982
Nagumo
Random Translator

Quote:
That depends of what you consider "official". Their relationship has been used for plot purposes since Strikers, but then again it's not stated directly either.
Semantics once more. Can you not read your own post and see that you are trying to have it both ways? Just because their relationship has been used for plot purposes does not mean that they are romantically involved. Neither has it been outright stated that they are in anything beyond a platonic relationship!

Therefore why the vehemence that you hold that despite all that you've said you constantly talk of how NanoFate is the only logical pairing?!

I don't know about the 'Yuuno is like a father for Vivio'. But he does indeed occupy a place in Vivio's life much like Zafira, for god sakes he hangs around Vivio a lot at the Infinite Library. He does indeed have feelings for Nanoha as per my translations of the Sound Stages.

I can't say a thing about the sisterly thing with Vivio, despite Nanoha agreeing with the assessment for whatever reason. But it is true that Fate was sent off to work elsewhere.

Popular from the fanbase point of view, logical from the plot and commercial point of view. You think it should be accurate! If I had every single dollar from every fan I met that used that as a cudgel to make people accept their super shiny coupling, I would be rich as sin.

That's the circular logic of yaoi fangirls that I've met over the years. Every single little action, spoken word, and fan service thrown at them is taken to be evidence of that they can safely assume their OTP.

It's annoying as hell. You constantly assume things that aren't there. It's like that time you kept on shoving the voice actress interview in our faces as though their opinions give strength to the argument that because they can see a relationship happening that it must be probable that NanoFate is official. Popularity power =/= official information.
Old 2009-06-29, 19:36   Link #1983
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Liking him doesn't mean that you should go and deny what a very significant part of the fanbase like the most about their favorite series. This is a very delicate subject, especially considering how our society see the homosexuality, and how some people can relate to it.
But that gives you the right to do the reverse? No dice. Just because there are supposedly fewer Yuunoha fans than NanoFate fans is no reason for the double standard that you're trying to set up here.

You harp about how homosexuality is put down in this society and that's why you're doing this, and then you use the same arguments that I've seen bigots use to shoot down gay marriage advocates with. That's ironic; had you noticed?
Old 2009-06-29, 19:45   Link #1984
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
But that gives you the right to do the reverse? No dice. Just because there are supposedly fewer Yuunoha fans than NanoFate fans is no reason for the double standard that you're trying to set up here.
No, it's because NanoFate was implied and the fans takes it as a given, even Yuuno along with Arf support them and their family with Vivio, there is nothing to destroy there because Nanoha decided to form her family with Fate and Vivio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Therefore why the vehemence that you hold that despite all that you've said you constantly talk of how NanoFate is the only logical pairing?!
It's not the "only logical" as you claim them to be, but compared to the rest of pairings it's the "most logical" from the plot and commercial point of view.
That doesn't means that it's the only option, but if you owned the series this is a easy choice.

Quote:
I don't know about the 'Yuuno is like a father for Vivio'. But he does indeed occupy a place in Vivio's life much like Zafira.
After Strikers Zafira stopped being a part of Vivio's life. Vivio met Yuuno in the library, but she seems to be closer to the numbers and to other people as we can see in Vivid chapter 1 when he's not even mentioned among the people important for their live. Another proof of the intentions of the author with this character.

Quote:
He does indeed have feelings for Nanoha as per my translations of the Sound Stages.
During Strikers: "There is nothing between Nnaoha and Yuuno." Post Strikers: "Yuuno supports Nanoha and Fate's relationship and their family with Vivio."

Quote:
I can't say a thing about the sisterly thing with Vivio, despite Nanoha agreeing with the assessment for whatever reason. But it is true that Fate was sent off to work elsewhere.
It was stated several times that both Nanoha and Fate are Vivio's mothers. Fate being like a sister was Hayate's opinion, but the other people seems to think of her as a father. She's working away, but still with Nanoha and Vivio, and she contacts them as often as a father working away would like.

Quote:
It's annoying as hell. You constantly assume things that aren't there. It's like that time you kept on shoving the voice actress interview in our faces as though their opinions give strength to the argument that because they can see a relationship happening that it must be probable that NanoFate is official. Popularity power =/= official information.
That was only to prove that even the people working in the series assumes them as a couple. The seiyuus went from being uncomfortable with some lines of the script because they were too gay, to "I want your baby, Fate!". Yes, this doesn't mean that they are canon, but so far it seems like Mizuki Nana and Yukari Tamura are written the mangas instead of Tsuzuki, I bet eventually Fate will get Nanoha pregnant xD
Old 2009-06-29, 20:45   Link #1985
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

What are you so afraid of?
Old 2009-06-29, 20:55   Link #1986
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam

Haru, you realize that you're vehmently defending a pair of 2D, fictional characters, right?
Old 2009-06-29, 21:46   Link #1987
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
No, it's because NanoFate was implied and the fans takes it as a given, even Yuuno along with Arf support them and their family with Vivio, there is nothing to destroy there because Nanoha decided to form her family with Fate and Vivio.
You know, for a 'delicate subject', you certainly don't approach this with any sense of tact [or logic]. I'm done here, because you are going off into irrelevant-land, and I ain't followin'.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:06   Link #1988
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Haru provide observable testable evidence or gtfo.

I'm tired of this 'what the fanbase thinks' trumping 'what the fanbase observes'

I love how you breakdown before your own arguments, you contradict yourself, you call your arguments meaningless and pointless to quote yet you still defend things as holy writ. I'd like to be patient, I'd like to be proud to be a yuri fan, but I guess I'm going to munch some popcorn before I lose hair.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:18   Link #1989
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
Haru provide observable testable evidence or gtfo.
Their relationship isn't canon so there isn't evidence to confirm it, otherwise we all would know already.

Quote:
I love how you breakdown before your own arguments, you contradict yourself, you call your arguments meaningless and pointless
I have been thinking my arguments carefully, if you see a contradiction probably it has problem of composition, it's not correctly written, or it wasn't interpreted correctly. If you have a question about something please send a PM so I can edit the post and word it correctly.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:19   Link #1990
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

I think you should reread them, esp the part where you call your own speculations pointless. I'm done here and perhaps we all are. I suggest we all get a drink or something.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:21   Link #1991
BPHaru

Quote:
I think you should reread them, esp the part where you call your own speculations pointless. I'm done here and perhaps we all are. I suggest we all get a drink or something.
I don't recall doing that, I don't use the word "speculation" either, so probably is a misunderstanding. I'm used to that in forums so don't worry, if you want that I clear it up for you please send a PM.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:23   Link #1992
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
I suggest we all get a drink or something.
Good idea.

(*゚ー゚)つ凵
Old 2009-06-29, 22:27   Link #1993
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Quote:
I don't recall doing that, I don't use the word "speculation" either, so probably is a misunderstanding. I'm used to that in forums so don't worry, if you want that I clear it up for you please send a PM.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1928

your opinions, estimations, guesses are also known as speculations.

Old 2009-06-29, 22:38   Link #1994
BPHaru

Quote:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1928

your opinions, estimations, guesses are also known as speculations.
Not guesses!

Anyway, I don't see the contradiction, I have been all this time defending an open scenario, the open possibilities, the directions of the plot, the influence of the demography, and the odds of each possibly.
I have not been stating that NanoFate was canon if that's your idea, I work with numbers and NanoFate means a 100% that we haven't reached yet.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
Old 2009-06-29, 23:04   Link #1995
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

And yet you harp on about it like a religious official preaching religion, and interjecting and "reminding" us that of this NanoFate whenever we mention anything that contradicts it. Would you like it if i shoved something down your throat, whether you like it or not?
Old 2009-06-29, 23:08   Link #1996
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Quiet Nya~n we're done here.

Old 2009-06-29, 23:11   Link #1997
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Yes, Mistress. =|
Old 2009-06-29, 23:15   Link #1998
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Yes, Mistress. =|
Isn't itanashi a male?
Old 2009-06-29, 23:16   Link #1999
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Who knows? I don't tell. Still, that matters how?

Old 2009-06-29, 23:19   Link #2000
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Who knows? I don't tell. Still, that matters how?
It matter if we want yaoi involving you. yaoi without the right tools just isn't yaoi.