AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-21, 23:20   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Can't wait to see what DLC is in this game?
Knowing BanNam,
500 yen per character color?
And then 700 yen for stages?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 23:42   Link #82
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Can't wait to see what DLC is in this game?
Knowing BanNam,
500 yen per character color?
And then 700 yen for stages?
Nintendo will call the shots on that. Nintendo will have the steering wheel on this game.
Old 2012-06-22, 00:33   Link #83
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Please let Sanger or any SRW characters be in this one!
Old 2012-06-22, 00:55   Link #84
Zakoo

Emil inside from ToS 2

-Time for super attack

>"Mouahahahaha, Darkness devours, Ain soph Auuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr"
> Whole map wiped out.

YES EMIIIIIIIIIIIIIL
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 01:38   Link #85
Who

I'd have to agree with those who said Ike and Marth. Since 9 and 10, 11 was a remake involving Marth (although it'll be quite something if Nintendo replaced Ike with My Unit, which won't happen) and 12 wasn't even released in NA/EUR because of lackluster sales of 11.

If one of the lords from other FE games were to replace Ike, this is the order I would rank, from most likely to least:

Krom (FE13) > Hector (FE7) > Eliwood/Lyn (FE7) ≥ Ephraim (FE8) > Eirika (FE8)

Krom seems most likely to me since FE 13 is going to come out, and it would be a good way to promote the game and re-introduce FE to the audience.
Hector seems the closest to Ike in terms of gameplay; Eliwood/Lyn don't really have much going for them as well as Ephraim, but they rank ahead of Eirika, cause I see Eirika's style being a carbon copy of Marth's.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 02:05   Link #86
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Big news folks, apparently Nintendo has recently announced that they have entrusted the development of the new Smash Bros. title for Wii U/3DS to a third-party company. Which one you ask? Why it's Namco Bandai
---

Namco has done joint projects with Nintendo in the past so I'm not too worried about this. Still, I wasn't expecting something like this to happen at all.

Also because of this, it's likely there's going to be at least one playable Namco Bandai character among the roster.~
You forgot that NB are some reputation about backstabbing partners, see MS and Nintendo in the past with the Tales games and others, that both have helped funded.
Cannot wait to the next Smash Brother coming to the PS3 and PSvita ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 11:26   Link #87
marvelB

IMO, this is cool news. But now with that being said, if Nintendo ever decides to bring in anymore Sega crossover characters, I hope and pray that this means we'll get Segata Sanshirou.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 11:30   Link #88
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I think this could be good, if anything, it'll probably speed up the release of this game.
After all, they do need to make some changes to the gameplay after all, especially from some people who actually make fighting games.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 12:42   Link #89
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Nintendo will call the shots on that. Nintendo will have the steering wheel on this game.
Oh I hope so, oh I hope so.

And watching the Direct over again, @SilverSyko's source though
But Iwata clearly says Sakurai will be the director.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 12:55   Link #90
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yeah my apologies, I made that post before I became aware that Sakurai and Project Sora were still involved. I went back and did a little editing after learning a few things to it to make it more accurate.

Also, even though it's been on the net for a few hours now, there's some personal words straight from Sakurai himself and Masaya Kobayashi:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/21...-tekken-staff/

Looks like we'll be getting gradual updates on the progress of the game's development according to Sakurai.~
Old 2012-06-23, 02:23   Link #91
Shadow5YA

I am greatly surprised that Nintendo would hand over Smash Bros to a team that doesn't make games exclusively for them. Here's hoping that Namco will bring something new and interesting to the series not just character wise, but gameplay-wise as well.

Also, I hope Sakurai's distaste for competitive play doesn't lead him to completely eliminate it like he did with Brawl. Some of the mechanics like random tripping were completely uncalled for.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 07:20   Link #92
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
IMO, this is cool news. But now with that being said, if Nintendo ever decides to bring in anymore Sega crossover characters, I hope and pray that this means we'll get Segata Sanshirou.....
Won't happen. It fails two of the conditions for new characters: It needs to originally be a video game character (characters that originated elsewhere but ended up as game characters don't count) and the character has to be in a game released on a Nintendo platform. Not sure if Segata Sanshirou ever got a game, but he was originally a TV ad character and never appeared on a Nintendo console.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 10:15   Link #93
marvelB

^Well, he DID get his own Saturn game which was released around the time of his final commercial (admittedly, that link isn't the best example, but it was basically a collection of minigames based on his past commercials). And yeah, I already know his chances of appearing are close to nil, but I figured there may be a slight chance. Besides, Marth and Roy's appearance in Melee helped in generating interest in Fire Emblem outside of Japan, so why not? Additionally, the actor who played Sanshirou was even the original Kamen Rider, so that's another plus right there. At the very least, even if he isn't playable, maybe he could still be an assist character (that is, if it's decided that assists will still be around for the new titles).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 11:08   Link #94
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Yup, that's her. She's not THAT strong in Fire Emblem (GBA), but she's quick. I recommend that game to every turn-based RPG fan.
I keep trying to explain to people that Hector is the real beast in that game but they no listen.

If it's a representative from Fire Emblem it'll probably be Krom since Awakening just came out and they love to include a representative from the newest game in the Fire Emblem series with each Smash Bros since Melee. First it was Roy, then Ike and now probably Krom, though I secretely dream of Sigurd just rampaging around the map with Tailfing and chucking spears.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 20:32   Link #95
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I keep trying to explain to people that Hector is the real beast in that game but they no listen.
Too much of a beast. First time I played, I used him almost exclusively (as far as Lords go), and neglected Eliwood and Lyn. Final boss was a bitch.

Quote:
If it's a representative from Fire Emblem it'll probably be Krom since Awakening just came out and they love to include a representative from the newest game in the Fire Emblem series with each Smash Bros since Melee. First it was Roy, then Ike and now probably Krom, though I secretely dream of Sigurd just rampaging around the map with Tailfing and chucking spears.
Yeah, unless they port FE4 between now and then, it'll definitely be Marth and Krom. I'm hoping for Lloyd from Symphonia as well, since Namdai is making it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 23:31   Link #96
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Soooo.... we got a "Prophet" on 4chan claiming he's got details on the new Smash Bros...

Again, we have no reason to actually believe him... but that roster atleast makes sense to me~
Old 2013-05-24, 00:44   Link #97
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Who are Shulk and Tharja? FE characters?
Old 2013-05-24, 00:51   Link #98
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Who are Shulk and Tharja? FE characters?
Shulk is from Xenoblade.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-24, 00:57   Link #99
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
And Tharja is from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Shulk I can see to be plausible which makes me hope that
Spoiler for Xenoblade spoiler:

Frankily, I hope for more female characters in the roster.
Old 2013-05-24, 06:34   Link #100
Zakoo

Damn why tharja i know she is really loved but Cordelia or lucina were way better.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
super smash bros. 3ds