AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think is behind the mystery?
There is a rational reason behind all of this. 140 74.87%
There is definitely something supernatural at hand. 47 25.13%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-05-04, 14:17   Link #221
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenTheSweeper
Spoiler:

I know, weird thoughts, but I can’t help being a seiyuu fan.
To me, when I first listened to the dramaCD, it sounded like Kira Yamato (GundamSEED) getting freaked out by a psychotic Miyafuji Miina (Onegai Twins) and Chidori Kaname (Full Metal Panic!).
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 14:33   Link #222
Chibi_Faerie
Challenging fate head on!

I've been haunting these boards as a guest since the series started, I planned to join in sooner but my account went kerpoof and I was too lazy to re-register. But I swear this series just keeps sucking me in further and further and further... It's so amazing, I'm seriously jealous of you people who played the game too. If I were smart enough to learn Japanese I would soooo play. I wish I could >.< It's just awesome! Yet it freaks me out, I'm surprised I'm still watching and eagerly awaiting the 5th episode to be subbed. The first time I watched the first two episodes, just before bed around Midnight... I was like... Yeah... This is awesome... I'm so not going to sleep... And ya know what? I didn't o.O, I finally came down with the flu that was going around, and lucky me ran fever and got delusional, needless to say the anime came to haunt me that night and a few more night... Thank God my Mom was too far in dream land to wake up lol. Getting a sore throat after hearing about the photographer guy after the festival lol... Sooo freaks you out... But that goes to show how much this show sucks you in maybe, they are doing such a superb job!! And so are all the other members of the board here that are trying to solve it!! I can't wait to come up with something to add, but so far I agree with a lot of the speculations there have been so far. I love murder mysteries, or regular mysteries, any mysteries! I grew up on them, some Sherlock Holmes, Trixie Beldon, Nancy Drew, etc etc. Seeing animes like this just make me go SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE~!!! I love the characters, the art design, the mystery, the suspense, the on the edge of your seatness at parts. The 'What the...' moments... I have those moments watching this, it's just what I love to see in anime. I'm more eager to see this than I am to see Detective Academy Q or more Spiral manga scanlations. I was ecstatic to see this anime get it's own forum, and seeing all the work put into it with the Tips and the poems is just awesome. All of you that have worked on it are awesome, as are you people with the awesome detective work so far. I hope to contribute some stuff in the future, but for now I'm following advice I read earlier and not judging anything by the first chapter, eagerly awaiting the second to see if any of my suspicions will be validated... Probably not as I am really not too bright >.<... I so wish there were a translated version of the game some where!! One can dream, maybe someday... But still enjoying this, I love it!! *Been awhile since an anime sucked her in and excited her this much.*
Chibi_Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 17:56   Link #223
Azn_GooWakJai
Glory Raiden

Send a message via AIM to Azn_GooWakJai
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980

Woh woh woh wait a min, I know im a newbie that started watchin this anime, but from ur links, is this anime based on a true story or sumthin? Or did the author actually piked a place like this that can carry out his story? Knowing the fact that this place exist in such rual area.......im gettin goosebumps.. =S
Azn_GooWakJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 18:09   Link #224
Max Demian

Spoiler:
Max Demian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 18:09   Link #225
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn_GooWakJai
Woh woh woh wait a min, I know im a newbie that started watchin this anime, but from ur links, is this anime based on a true story or sumthin? Or did the author actually piked a place like this that can carry out his story? Knowing the fact that this place exist in such rual area.......im gettin goosebumps.. =S
Like kj said, Shirakawa was used as a model for the village of Hinamizawa, so the locations are 100% real. The story and characters, on the other hand, are 100% fiction.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 18:17   Link #226
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn_GooWakJai
Much like the model town for Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins was Lake Kizakiko in Nagano Prefecture, that doesn't necessarily mean a hot babe voiced like oneechan crash lands her UFO in that region.

Ryukishi07 may have gotten the ground laying idea for the story, as this area was a subject for protest back in the mid to late 1950s for a dam construction project. Unlike Hinamizawa however, a dam was indeed built, but not on a scale of submerging the entire village or surrounding areas. The dam that you see in the pictures is exactly that.
Old 2006-05-04, 18:53   Link #227
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

TIPS
I read over the TIPS and have decided to share which ones stand out to me, and offer some thoughts on them.

The TIPS post cover everything from the beginning one called-
“Why does our school have mixed grade levels?” to the one entitled “Does Shion really exist?”
Spoiler:
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 19:54   Link #228
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
*snip*
Hmm.

Spoiler for episode 5 and TIPS:
Paranoia833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-04, 22:00   Link #229
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I was thinking about that syringe/marker pic(with the other weapons) in the other thread, and...
Spoiler:

Can anyone connect my theories to anything else?
Old 2006-05-05, 00:01   Link #230
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Spoiler:
No, it's not like that.
Someone has clearly explained that with examples, it's in this thread, I believe.

Ps. Kj-san, thanks for correcting my mistake about Takano ^^
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 05:30   Link #231
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Okay about the Sevens Mart tip in the TIPS section:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Okay I'm well aware that this TIP is being presented from Keichi's POV after his death as he tries to figure out where Rena was during his trip at the Sevens mart. But what I'm confused about is what happened near the end of this tip, like what was going on after the "Somebody turn on the lights" remark? And lastly what was in front of Keichi that made him scream??
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-05 at 11:21. Reason: added spoiler tag so it doesn't take too much viewing space
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 07:16   Link #232
Chibi_Faerie

My own little speculations after rewatching everything last night (Yes I broke me rule of not watching this at night ever again.) Mostly guess work and just random commenting on things so far, probably nothing.

Spoiler for Episodes 1-3 and slightly 4ish I guess...:
Old 2006-05-05, 07:51   Link #233
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish Marine
No, it's not like that.
Someone has clearly explained that with examples, it's in this thread, I believe.
Yeah, I know that already. I've been reading the Higurahshi posts by the forum members who have been writing the TIPS. I meant it as joke poking fun at the dumb plot devices.
SvenTheSweeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 08:35   Link #234
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Faerie
My own little speculations after rewatching everything last night (Yes I broke me rule of not watching this at night ever again.) Mostly guess work and just random commenting on things so far, probably nothing.

Spoiler for Episodes 1-3 and slightly 4ish I guess...:
That was exactly my point! Though you shouldn't look at it one way... this anime incourages you to think outside the box. There's a chance that...
Spoiler:
Still my theory tho
Old 2006-05-05, 09:10   Link #235
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Yeah, I know that already. I've been reading the Higurahshi posts by the forum members who have been writing the TIPS. I meant it as joke poking fun at the dumb plot devices.
I'm terribly sorry about it then TT-TT Since my english is not good, I often interprete things wrongly. I'm very sorry =w=

It seems like everyone has started talking about the marker and the syringe. Maybe those who has no clue what those are about should check out the gallery thread. It's a good piece of hint, I think.
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:19   Link #236
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

I don't know... I saw the gallery picture ages ago and I think people are reading too much into it.

Spoiler for speculation on the syringe:
Paranoia833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-05, 12:30   Link #237
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia833
I don't know... I saw the gallery picture ages ago and I think people are reading too much into it.

Spoiler for speculation on the syringe:
What're you saying? That it's not real? It wouldn't be among those pictures if it wasn't, IMO.
Old 2006-05-05, 12:35   Link #238
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

HUGE Hint:

Spoiler:

Though that doesn't necessarily mean that there won't be a real syringe coming out in later chapters... Like I said, the syringe is a huge piece of the puzzle in either case.

And I reiterate once again: trigger point. That's the key.

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-05-05 at 12:45.
Old 2006-05-05, 13:07   Link #239
Chibi_Faerie

Ok then, now knowing the huge hint...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-05-05, 13:19   Link #240
Freakman

It's a shame that the scene at the end of the festival with Tomitake and the club wasn't depicted in the anime + Mion line before the Keiichi batsugemu scene in ep 4.
It deprives anime viewers from a possible clue.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote