AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-18, 12:50   Link #301
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

EroKing, you have me half scared for a moment when I saw the title of that spoiler

Also, I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the place Ichika is looking for is on Earth. I'm also going to take another guess and say, thats where I think something bad will happen to Kaito.
Old 2012-01-18, 13:06   Link #302
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ Bad thing happening to Kaito, count me in, I really want to watch that
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 13:45   Link #303
Dormeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Sakudaira Station in Komoro from episode 02. Tourist anime ftw.
Sakudaira station is in Saku city, south of Komoro city.
The train Ichika was on in episode 1 is JR East Kiha 110 Series of JR Koumi Line.
The crossing point of JR Koumi Line and Nagano Shinkansen ( Bullet train ), that's Sakudaira station.
It was built just before Nagano Winter Olympics (1998) and Saku city got a direct access to the capial, so the area around Sakudaira station rapidly developped.
By the way, I heard that the clothing store in episode 2 was not there in real world.
It is in Shinjuku, Tokyo.

I made an amateur movie with my friends in my highschool days just like the protagonist.
And I have visited Nagano prefecture before, several times.
That's why I feel sympathy and nostalgia with him and this anime.
Dormeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 13:59   Link #304
ookamigirl

Ichika & her " I'm-from-the-north" explanation was pretty well received.
Those two look good together ^^
The game was funny though.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 14:43   Link #305
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormeur View Post
It is in Shinjuku, Tokyo.
It looked similar to the one in Harajuku... Never noticed H&M had a store in Shinjuku.
Old 2012-01-18, 17:57   Link #306
Utsuro no Hako

I thought you couldn't show minors drinking on Japanese TV? I guess if you never say the drink's alcoholic it doesn't count, even if the characters act drunk afterwards.

And I'm calling it now -- Remon's an alien, too.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 18:04   Link #307
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I thought you couldn't show minors drinking on Japanese TV? I guess if you never say the drink's alcoholic it doesn't count, even if the characters act drunk afterwards.

And I'm calling it now -- Remon's an alien, too.
I was rather surprised they wouldnt realize they are drinking alcohol. They might be minors, but common, what teenager has never tasted alcohol? Ah well, they are prolly all saints, who never took a secret sip of dads sake, smoked a stolen cigarette, etc.
But main thing they will have sex on TV, although that is also illegal..... but as long as you call it "doing woohoo" its all fine
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 18:25   Link #308
Malkuth
Banned

Hypocrisy is a recurring social issue
Old 2012-01-18, 18:42   Link #309
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Kaito has hardly anything distinctive personality-wise to show (in the first 2 episodes).
Even so, I'll take that over what Kei offered at the same point in time in Onegai. We'll see if it stays that way throughout Ano Natsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Am I the only one who's going after Ichika? Don't get me wrong, I was all over Mizuho back in the day (Can you see her? Parent post of figures(slightly nsfw)), but.... here, she's younger.... more ripe.... *runs*

Now I'm not trying to activate the lolitron on her Oh uhm, yeah, what i wanted to ask. You guys know how Mizuho has that nice skintight bodysuit? Where's Ichika's? I must see bodysuit Ichika, like more of it!!!!
Sure I'll go after Ichika...after some time passes!! Hahaha

Anyways, about that bodysuit. Isn't Ichika's the sparkly one from the beginning of the ep? If that's the case then I also prefer black over sparkles.
Old 2012-01-18, 21:50   Link #310
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Since I watch this show on Crunchyroll, I am a few days behind you guys.

Just watched the new episode of "Onegai Senpai". The beginning did help me understand Ichika a little more, and other than the technobabble that has yet to be explained, it showed that Ichika is searching for something.

As others have commented, the OP is one of the better ones I've seen this season. I think it ranks up with Inu x Boku SS for best OP out of the series that I am following this season(which are five).

I am a little surprised that Kanna and the sister didn't pick up the technobable she was saying to be more suspicious, but it seemed like your standard anime handwaving/excuse for Kaito to have Ichika as a boarder, and given his character, he seems to only fantasize about doing things and not actually doing them. I still think Kaito is a flat and boring character, but I am starting to warm to the supporting cast.

Interesting how Kanna still uses a rotary telephone(I think that was Kanna's). Mio's private nakedness was a pleasant surprise, and it makes me wonder about her dual nature(covered up in public, uninhibited in private).

I did enjoy the shopping sequence, as it was fun to see Ichika try on clothes and get to know various Earth customs and rituals and so forth. I really enjoyed seeing how Remon let herself into Kaito's home and invited the rest of the friends to have their meeting.

Remon in general is a pleasure to see. She is simply the best and most interesting character in Ano Natsu. It was funny how ambitious her vision was in contrast to Kaito's "eh, let's just wander around looking at things and see if our movie will magically piece itself together". Although it does give Ichika an excuse to sightsee and that's not bad in and of itself. Remon's special concoction also gave us some fun moments, and I loved how she trolled Kaito and Ichika into being really embarrassed during "the King Game".

I'll give this episode a 6.5 out of 10, because Remon's trolling was worth seeing this episode for, and the supporting cast is generally interesting and they are carrying this series because Kaito has yet to show why he deserves to be the male lead.

EDIT: Replying to something earlier too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Lemon = Ichigo. I'd be happy if the entire series is just Lemon trolling everyone.
I'd like to use that pic.

And I would be happy with that too.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 01:37   Link #311
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I am here for the troll
Tamura Yukari's voice adds a lot of fun to that for sure. God I've become so addicted to it I want her to be in at least one anime every new season
Old 2012-01-19, 05:38   Link #312
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't get enough of Lemon's laugh. I can't get enough of Lemon, period. It seems like I'm far from being the only one.

She's pretty much my only reason to keep watching this at the moment. I might be mistaken, but it appears to me nostalgia is key to enjoying this show, and as I haven't watched any Onegai series before...
Old 2012-01-19, 07:27   Link #313
Malkuth
Banned

^ then watch it now
Old 2012-01-19, 07:43   Link #314
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
^ But then it wouldn't really be nostalgia anymore, isn't it? And yeah, Lemon is definitely my favorite character of them all as well, I wish Kai got a bit more personality beyond camera. I want my protagonist to be more interesting to watch, so far he's the most boring one for me.
Old 2012-01-19, 08:11   Link #315
Malkuth
Banned

^ Nostalgia aside, you can get your fix of Lemons and Strawberries (melancholic in Sensei, green, like trolls in Twins)

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-01-19 at 08:12. Reason: suika... wrong fruit :p
Old 2012-01-19, 08:27   Link #316
Jarmel

I'm wondering if she infused Kaito with the ship to some degree as the head of the ship seemed to be showing damage and same with Kaito.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-19, 22:48   Link #317
KLGChaos
The Shermain

You know, watching this reminds me so much of Onegai Teacher. I'm with Somnus on this one. You've got the dude with something wrong with him, the red-headed alien, the mischievous friend, the childhood friend with a crush, the emotionless trickster and the other girl.... they're all basically carbon copies of the characters from Onegai Teacher.

And something tells me the place she's looking for with a lake a trees might be where the teacher from Onegai Teacher landed in that series. Maybe she's the daughter of Kei and Mizuho.
Old 2012-01-20, 22:52   Link #318
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

rofl. ^

I'm digging this show.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 01:20   Link #319
passin'gass
Cropduster

Ichika was searching for something...

a forest and a lake...

that someone, maybe her parents, told her about...

plausible? OT vid could have also been shot in 8mm

And Ichigo a.k.a. Remon is the kei!
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 05:03   Link #320
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@passin'gass it could be pretty much anywhere. Trees and Lakes are not exactly in short supply.

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen