AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 133 39.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 81 24.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 8.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 10 2.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 32 9.58%
Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-26, 03:07   Link #561
JPZ
Ninjin loves you, yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
i shat my pants

well played kawamori well played
I couldnt have said it any better.
Old 2008-09-26, 03:14   Link #562
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
This is capitalism at its best:
1) Make indecisive end to love triangle of Macross F
2) Get lots of RAGING FAN RESPONSE (for Sheryl end of course)
3) Make movie, which is a remake of the ending with all loose ends cleared up (with Sheryl end). Fans will RUSH to watch it. Buy DVDs, etc.
4) ??????
5) PROFIT!!!

Well Kawamori, well played. You got me. I will be waiting eagerly for the movie.

Ozma said it best.

BTW.....This is the result of Alto's bad habit of always ejecting those Super Pack and Armored Pack Parts.

VF-25 with only the Leg Parts of the Super Pack? WTF!!? No Gunpod?

ALSO.....DAMN!!! Looks like MW just got hammered. I couldn't even get in.
Old 2008-09-26, 03:18   Link #563
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

All this whining is cracking me up...

Sure there were some real WTF moments here, but I enjoyed a damn nice 25 eps ride, got to see some excellent animation, enjoyed homages to a nostalgic past, and the girls turned out all genki in the end. Despite all of the loose ends, rushed resolutions and curiously wasted characters, Kawamori gets my vote. I'll be buying Bandai's models and toys and if the series ever gets shipped to region 1 with a translation, all of the discs too...

Countdown to the movie starts......

NOW!
Old 2008-09-26, 03:18   Link #564
Entropy
Flame warrior

Everyone in this sub-forum got fucking OWNED by this ending ep.
Old 2008-09-26, 03:28   Link #565
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
Everyone in this sub-forum got fucking OWNED by this ending ep.
Agreed.

BTW....don't forget the people at Random Curiosity, both shipping sides really got pwn3d......HARD.

Anyways some pics:

SDFM HOMAGE.

VF-25: gg Kawamori.
Old 2008-09-26, 03:48   Link #566
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Yikes! Rabid sheryl fans reaching for conclusions from anything. the earing just was a means for Alto, Ranka and Sheryl to communicate. IF Alto had not had that earing he could not have joined in the Vajra network with Sheryl and Ranka. the earing is a symbol of the three of them. Notice that the same thing happened with the first earing, Alto was able to get in touch with BOTH girls.
Again, now we use Japanese culture to our convenience.

Alto Salute was a mean to tell Sheryl that all was well and mission accomplished(he came back like he promised). IT is hard to find a symbolism when you wear Shipping goggles. Kawamori is just counting of the 90% of the fans short term memory, it will be at least 3-6 months before the movie is out.
If the earring was merely a communication device for three of them, why did it have to be Sheryl's earring? It could have literally been ANYTHING AT ALL (Fold quartz really isn't that uncommon on MF after all =_= Who knows, Luca could have snatched him one), yet they chose Sheryl's jewelry, and had Alto obtain it as a contract with Sheryl to live and return TO HER. It's really not as bland as you make it out to be.

The cultural side is also legitimate when taking into account their relationship within the past few episodes. You can't just deny everything as shipper logic when there is some basis =_=

Furthermore considering how Kawamori basically bombed this show with DYRL references, and considering how the show was basically made as a sort of tribute to it due to its 25th anniversary, it's only natural to assume that Kawamori is NOT in fact just dumping similar looking things by coincidence >_>
Old 2008-09-26, 03:53   Link #567
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Don't know if it was mentioned before in this thread and I'm not going to look for it as you people post at an alarming pace.

If we compare Frontier to SDF Macross the end result of the last episode was to be expected. SDF had the greatest battle in episode 27 out of 36. Frontier had the last battle in episode 25. The last 9 episodes of SDF were conclusion episodes that showed the hardships of life on a completely destroyed Earth. Frontier ended on a similar note with the difference of the state of the world they received.

In SDF the 27 point episode didn't conclude anything about the triangle. It only showed us that Hikaru was still an indecisive pilot. The following episodes were character and emotion driven episodes that ended with the final conclusion to the love triangle.

The way Frontier ended is very similar to SDF. Kawamori's troll plan was to end the series at the most ambiguous point in order to have the last part presented in the movie. Perfect move to get more money by rising the volume around Frontier. Instead of making the last few episodes like in SDF and then maybe a remake movie for the series similar to DYRL he went with the sure fire option of making money. Thats all to it. I certainly believe the movie will have the final conclusion.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-26, 03:57   Link #568
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I just watched the raw.... Meh, not bad for a final conclusive battle. Though it maybe abit rushed but... it was EPIC!!!!

Oh yeah..... When was the last time you see two Macrosses boxing each other?
Old 2008-09-26, 03:58   Link #569
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Don't know if it was mentioned before in this thread and I'm not going to look for it as you people post at an alarming pace.

[...]

The way Frontier ended is very similar to SDF. Kawamori's troll plan was to end the series at the most ambiguous point in order to have the last part presented in the movie. Perfect move to get more money by rising the volume around Frontier. Instead of making the last few episodes like in SDF and then maybe a remake movie for the series similar to DYRL he went with the sure fire option of making money. Thats all to it. I certainly believe the movie will have the final conclusion.
I don't know, I still think you people are giving him all too much credit and expecting him to be as good as he was before XD
I'm tempted to believe that the movie would be just about as unsatisfying, mostly because the series was (on hindsight) very messily presented, with lots of useless information flying everywhere, while the ending came to basically no specific conclusion other than, Ranka gets saved, and Grace dies.

Even the Sheryl healing was such a half assed effort.

He's growing old me thinks :<
Old 2008-09-26, 04:01   Link #570
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I just watched the raw.... Meh, not bad for a final conclusive battle. Though it maybe abit rushed but... it was EPIC!!!!

Oh yeah..... When was the last time you see two Macrosses boxing each other?
Agreed.

It wasn't just EPIC though, it was AWESOME.

BTW......here's one for you my friend.

Can anyone say PWN3D!!!!

ALSO......Meet EPIC & AWESOME.
Old 2008-09-26, 04:02   Link #571
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

As an ADD to my previous post.

Look at the opening distribution in Frontier. First 16 episodes had Triangler, then there was a moe opening-like sequence with Ranka for 17 and the amazing Lion from 18 till the end. Lion got 8 episodes of dominance instead of twice as much as Triangler. The last missing 8 episodes will surely be the movie.

Kawamori's trolling abilities have risen to the overproducer level. He sure did some good nighttime thinking plotting his unpredictable 'surprise ending'. I'm sure he's laughing his ass off in a secluded basement looking through Japanese forums and blogs.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-09-26, 04:16   Link #572
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Agreed.

It wasn't just EPIC though, it was AWESOME.

BTW......here's one for you my friend.

Can anyone say PWN3D!!!!

ALSO......Meet EPIC & AWESOME.

*Battle 25 delivers a Falconpunch, breaking Battle Galaxy into two*

Quarter: That's my aniki...

Oh btw, are both Battle Frontier and Battle 25 the same ship?
Old 2008-09-26, 04:18   Link #573
aneeshadc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
You meant that wasn't a real love triangle before?
In all honesty, I never felt ranka had a chance from the very beginning & her being moe, sheryl being 'not moe' has nothing to do with it. Ranka/Alto relationship was never strongly developed; it wasnt given as much care as the Sheryl/Alto relationship was given. Thats why I feel the triangle wasnt much of a triangle at all.

If the Ranka shippers set aside their shipping goggles like wolfboy for a bit, they'd see it. The triangle is actually pretty much resolved, it was just very subtly done, too subtle for our tastes. Alto's almost confession in ep 24, the mutual salute b/w alto & sheryl & alto still wearing sheryl's earing pretty much sealed the deal for me. ( He looked so pretty wearing it; it pretty much guarantees a private moment b/w them, there's so much unfinished business b/w them that the movie better be a sequel or if it is a repeat, the ending better be different. If not..* Wrath of sheryl shippers on him*

Quote:
Gotta be kidding me. If Ranka really matured and can let it go, what could have been better than materializing it on spot?
I agree & that's the part that pisses me off. But I understand they did that to promote the MF movie, build more anticipation, more money..etc,etc. It makes sense to leave it open-ended or kawamori will lose a quarter of his fanbase.(I say 1/4 cause I'm that sure of a S/A end)

Doesnt make me any less pissed, but I'm already looking ahead. I'm fully expecting a definite resolution to the LT in the movie. I dont see how he can troll us again without having a death wish. He better deliver or else..*shakes fist*
Old 2008-09-26, 04:18   Link #574
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
*Battle 25 delivers a Falconpunch, breaking Battle Galaxy into two*

Quarter: That's my aniki...

Oh btw, are both Battle Frontier and Battle 25 the same ship?
Yes, Battle 25 == Battle Frontier
Old 2008-09-26, 04:30   Link #575
grss1982

BTW......

VF-25 Dual wielding gunpods.
Old 2008-09-26, 04:31   Link #576
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
In all honesty, I never felt ranka had a chance from the very beginning & her being moe, sheryl being 'not moe' has nothing to do with it. Ranka/Alto relationship was never strongly developed; it wasnt given as much care as the Sheryl/Alto relationship was given. Thats why I feel the triangle wasnt much of a triangle at all.
I was hoping someone would point this out... I thought the same thing eversince Alto had his first, true kiss from Sheryl. AltoXSheryl was developed way more than AltoXRanka did. Sheryl had alot more moments with Alto, kisses, squeezing into a locker, having Alto's phone vibrating on her.... *there*, and if I may add... the countless teasing that Alto got from her throughout the series...

There was barely anything serious between Alto and Ranka besides saving her Vajra arse from her pet's cousins.

Oh yeah, just so you know, I'm a neutral here. I support both pairings, but I knew ultimately only one pairing will triumph. So.... no hard feelings there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshadc View Post
( He looked so pretty wearing it
They don't call him Alto-Hime for nothing...
Old 2008-09-26, 04:57   Link #577
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Season 2 goddamnit!!!

It's not over till I see A x S get married and have kids.

QQ Epic ending but now i want moar macross.
Old 2008-09-26, 04:59   Link #578
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
@ magnuskn...I believe I owe you some some reactions from the official Macross F BBS:

Here are some general reaction highlights:

- Mostly positive reactions over the announcement of the movie

- Utter frustration over Alto's lack of decision

- Happiness over Sheryl's recovery

- Some spoke of the medeley that was used in the episode

- Some were confused..."that's the ending?"

- Some love for Sheryl's "Northern Cross."

- People questioned the connection between Bilra and Minmei

- A few are relieved that it's over.

- A few were wondering about Grace's last smile.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
So I am positive to say that Kawamori *will* get some of the negative feedback? ^^ Ah, well. I hope he does, because he needs the right incentives to conclude the romance in the right way, instead of yet copping out again.
Old 2008-09-26, 05:05   Link #579
Key Board
Carbon

so is Ranka and Sheryl partially telephatic now?

they seem to be connected via Vajra-net
Old 2008-09-26, 05:16   Link #580
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
All this whining is cracking me up...

Sure there were some real WTF moments here, but I enjoyed a damn nice 25 eps ride, got to see some excellent animation, enjoyed homages to a nostalgic past, and the girls turned out all genki in the end. Despite all of the loose ends, rushed resolutions and curiously wasted characters, Kawamori gets my vote. I'll be buying Bandai's models and toys and if the series ever gets shipped to region 1 with a translation, all of the discs too...

Countdown to the movie starts......

NOW!
i agree more than a 100%

i like how all of us closet mecha fans who were the shows majority original backers loved the ending whereas the romantic converts hate it ^_^
Closed Thread