AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-28, 23:23   Link #5241
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Is the manga going for the OVA route as well?

Old 2011-07-29, 00:42   Link #5242
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

You mean the Saeko route? I'm all for that one!

But in all honesty, despite Saeko getting at least one cool shot/scene in nearly every chapter, writer and artist have done a pretty good job of keeping everyone in the story.

And for some giggles, rewatch the HOTD OVA to this....XD
Old 2011-07-31, 07:06   Link #5243
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
I may be the only one who loved the dub more than the original.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Is the manga going for the OVA route as well?

No, I just think the magazine was just doing some advertising for the OVA. It was originally sold with the special edition of Volume 7. I'm just getting worried about this series future. They probably feel the need to put something out there since the manga isn't getting written.

Have you all seen these RPG pictures of the HOTD Girls?
Rei Miyamoto HERE
Saeko Busujima HERE
Saya Takagi HERE
Shizuka Marikawa HERE

I was surprised that they don't have Triage X forum up yet. I've been checking that series out and it's pretty cool. A LOT more naked breasts in this series. It's just so hard to find any information on the series (in English or Japanese). I did find one site that has the most information I've seen anywhere for the series. Anime Vice - Triage X. It's a fan wiki (Not a scanlation site). All week, it's been adding information.
Old 2011-07-31, 15:40   Link #5244
gringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I was surprised that they don't have Triage X forum up yet. I've been checking that series out and it's pretty cool. A LOT more naked breasts in this series. It's just so hard to find any information on the series (in English or Japanese).
A lot of people I've seen in English-speaking communities seem to have misplaced expectations of the series, so there's a lot of straight-up hate for Triage X from people who think the artist abandoned HotD for it--which isn't true, since it's the WRITER of HotD that's the problem... And on the same token, the "intellectual" types who dislike fanservice as a rule and think HotD had a smarter plot don't like the more blatant ecchi scenes Triage X has in spades. Basically, it seems like a lot of people don't want to give it a chance.

Personally, I think its pacing is a lot more consistent than HotD's, and while it's a bit silly and over-the-top, I find it a lot of fun to read in the same way that silly B-movies are fun to watch. Triage X is still in its early stages so even though the volumes of the series have sold quite well in Japan, I think readers just don't have a lot to talk about just yet. It actually ran into some publication issues thanks to HotD's short-lived return, but it's running very consistently for the time being and I hope it keeps the current pace for a long time. It succeeds at what it does and I think it has a lot of potential.

TL;DR - Triage X is awesome. Haters gonna hate.
gringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 20:34   Link #5245
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

HOTD has a different story writter while Triage X is story and art by the artist of HOTD.

So you see their difference there. In HOTD the writer can hold back the artist and guide him, while in Tri-X he's got alot of ecchi freedom.

Iam more afraid if the art style of HOTD is changed, the original style grew on to me.
Old 2011-07-31, 23:35   Link #5246
gringe

Quote:
HOTD has a different story writter while Triage X is story and art by the artist of HOTD.

So you see their difference there. In HOTD the writer can hold back the artist and guide him, while in Tri-X he's got alot of ecchi freedom.
The only people I can imagine having an actual problem with this would be the people who dislike ecchi stuff for some reason, in which case they probably wouldn't like HotD to begin with. I mean, I honestly can't recall any moment in Triage X where it's taken away from the story progress in some way so I don't know what the big problem is.

Quote:
Iam more afraid if the art style of HOTD is changed, the original style grew on to me.
The art has changed quite a lot already, I'd say. The art in the more recent chapters is a little cleaner and the characters are a lot more... flamboyant (?) looking when compared to the first couple volumes. It was a pretty gradual change over time, so I'd chalk it up to the artist's style evolving over time, since it was his first successful series and all.
Old 2011-08-01, 05:56   Link #5247
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringe View Post
A lot of people I've seen in English-speaking communities seem to have misplaced expectations of the series, so there's a lot of straight-up hate for Triage X from people who think the artist abandoned HotD for it--which isn't true, since it's the WRITER of HotD that's the problem... And on the same token, the "intellectual" types who dislike fanservice as a rule and think HotD had a smarter plot don't like the more blatant ecchi scenes Triage X has in spades. Basically, it seems like a lot of people don't want to give it a chance.

Personally, I think its pacing is a lot more consistent than HotD's, and while it's a bit silly and over-the-top, I find it a lot of fun to read in the same way that silly B-movies are fun to watch. Triage X is still in its early stages so even though the volumes of the series have sold quite well in Japan, I think readers just don't have a lot to talk about just yet. It actually ran into some publication issues thanks to HotD's short-lived return, but it's running very consistently for the time being and I hope it keeps the current pace for a long time. It succeeds at what it does and I think it has a lot of potential.

TL;DR - Triage X is awesome. Haters gonna hate.
That's not really fair to hold Shoji Sato responsible just because Daisuke isn't writing. The man has to work. Yeah, I like HOTD more, and I want to see how it's going to end. I also enjoy Triage X. It has some pretty cool action. Like that scene were Yuko sliced that car in half with that guy in it.
I wish the editors would put a little pressure on them to finish it up. The same thing is happening with Black Lagoon, but that's all on Rei Hiroe, since he's the artist and writer.

It has a lot of naked breasts, but that's fine. It's a mature series anyways. You don' t see many manga that have the secret identity issue. I also like that more of this cast are in their twenties. Makes all the nudity feel less creepy.

I've been working all week on Anime Vice to fill out the wiki pages for Triage X. I even wrote detailed summaries for the first two volumes. Though, I do still need to go through and proofread those. I also have been filling out the profiles. for many of the characters.
Old 2011-08-01, 22:27   Link #5248
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringe View Post
The only people I can imagine having an actual problem with this would be the people who dislike ecchi stuff for some reason, in which case they probably wouldn't like HotD to begin with. I mean, I honestly can't recall any moment in Triage X where it's taken away from the story progress in some way so I don't know what the big problem is.
Well it's their lost.

Quote:
The art has changed quite a lot already, I'd say. The art in the more recent chapters is a little cleaner and the characters are a lot more... flamboyant (?) looking when compared to the first couple volumes. It was a pretty gradual change over time, so I'd chalk it up to the artist's style evolving over time, since it was his first successful series and all.
Really? Might take a looky again in the latest manga chapters. Probably more similar to the anime, just guessing.
Old 2011-08-01, 23:33   Link #5249
gringe

Quote:
Really? Might take a looky again in the latest manga chapters. Probably more similar to the anime, just guessing.
Look at the female characters' faces in particular. Check out this comparison image of Rei from volume 2 and volume 6. I mean it's not TREMENDOUS change... but it's noticeable if you take a step back.

On average, breast sizes seem to have increased rather significantly since the first couple volumes too. Can you believe that Saeko once had a very subdued bust?

Compare it to the more recent chapters.

Old 2011-08-04, 23:46   Link #5250
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Are... ARe you complaining?!
Old 2011-08-05, 07:19   Link #5251
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The manga author is merely taking examples from what the anime offered
Old 2011-08-05, 16:38   Link #5252
gringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Are... ARe you complaining?!
Not at all. I think the change is for the better, but it does make rereading volume 1 and 2 a little bit humorous.
Old 2011-08-05, 16:55   Link #5253
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

But the original boob size was more inline to her measurement D:
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 20:47   Link #5254
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, I brought it up before that Saeko's boob size went up a few cup sizes in the anime from even the corresponding manga chapters, especially evident during the 'BULLET BOOB TIME' scene we got. And then the sandbar scene...lordy, that was a great view. And then, after Takashi did his G Gundam impersonation of 'Shining Gold Finger' on Saeko's breast, it went down to her manga size real quick.

...not even gonna mention the OVA...damn, what a trolling that was... I'm even more surprised by the fact that I haven't seen a hint of that scene in the doujinshi circles...
Old 2011-08-06, 03:43   Link #5255
FoxxFireArt

I'm surprised with as often that you see HOTD being advertised on the cover of Dragon Age magazine, but no sign or word about the return of the manga. It's kind of a cruel tease.
Old 2011-08-06, 03:49   Link #5256
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's either the writer is still on vacation or doing something else.
Or their trolling tease us with HOTD.
I really wish they make a 2nd season now.
Old 2011-08-06, 05:55   Link #5257
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
It's either the writer is still on vacation or doing something else.
Or their trolling tease us with HOTD.
I really wish they make a 2nd season now.
I don't think a second season is really practical now. If you notice. The first season summed up the events from the first four volumes. In Japan, only 7 volumes are out. They probably wont do another anime until the story reaches the point of volume 8. Though, I bet they want to make a second season.

I think there is a strong possibility that this series could end at volume 8. They have really accomplished their goals. They know where Rei's father is with Takashi's mother at the school where everyone is evacuating , and they found Rei's mother. The whole group is now moving to the grade school of the evacuation by the end of Volume 7.

Unless they are planning on extending the series to outside Tokonosu for some reason. We could be seeing the end on the way.
Old 2011-08-06, 09:41   Link #5258
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Naw, after that it may move on to finding a safe haven that's secure enough to live, and maybe go on to show a time skip to some months or years after the current events, and how the group has coped so far if they're still alive by then.
Old 2011-08-09, 21:58   Link #5259
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

@FoxxFireArt - well at least they could do an original anime ending like what they did with Needless.

This thread needs some booty

Spoiler for nsfw:
Old 2011-08-10, 01:32   Link #5260
dfens

I too think they could end it at volume 8, as for a original anime ending I don't see it happening. They're not going to ruin the franchise with material that won't be as good as the original.

Yeah they need 1 more volume of work for another season but with them taking so many breaks for the manga it's going to be a long time. Hell if no chapter comes out this month which I'll bet good money their won't that will be 5 months in a row no new chapter which would be the first in the future volume 8. It's suppose to be every 2 months their is no word when it will be back that's why I don't have a subscription to Dragon Age.

One I only read HOTD and two if it did come out on time I only want every other volume, don't want to pay each month if their is no chapter.

God I hope it's not another year break like last time.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse