AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-19, 12:54   Link #1441
tunjee01

actually miria and ophelia both single digits were also sent to fight an awakened being
Old 2008-03-19, 12:56   Link #1442
Sunater
Słnater Annčs

Send a message via MSN to Sunater
I`m still exited for what`s gonna happen between Clare and that boy from rabona that stoled the kiss from Clare?
One thing Claymore-manga was missing is romance! you know, since most of the characters are female... anyways

check it out-->
Spoiler for Rabona boy kissing clare^^:

I loved how the boys looked happy when Clare and the ghost`s apeared
We have got to take a break from all that slaying and losing body parts and all the blood..agree?

Spoiler for Raki & jalousie:

Btw, dunno the reason for all that jalousie

I mean he is the two-time bastard, LOL

Spoiler for Raki <3 priscilla:
Old 2008-03-19, 13:04   Link #1443
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
The one that kissed Clare is named Cid, the big guy is named Galk.
Old 2008-03-19, 13:39   Link #1444
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshka View Post
So does anyone else thinks that the organization is in sad shape overall? Granted Beth and Alicia are very strong, but the rest of the high ranks seem pretty sad to me. #3 Audrey and #5 Rachel were 2 very high ranking numbers sent to fight one AB, that in itself is unusual. To me, they also seemed kinda pathetic in their battle with Riful. High ranking numbers like that should be pretty experienced in battle already, but they seemed to have disregarded some very basic points (like standing on a monster composed of sharp tentacles). #4 Miata is unquestionably talented, but is in sad mental shape that limits her usefullness to the organization overall. Does that make Lune #6? If so, she's gotta be less capable than Galatea (sorry had to pitch in for my fave here )
I also think that the current generation might be overall weaker than in the past, but I don't know if you can use the Audrey/Rachel fight against Riful as an example. That was the first time that we ever see Claymores fighting against an Abyssal. Luciela and Isley were fighting each other. The only other time you see an Abyssal fighting is Isley against Priscilla in one of the Extra Scenes.

None of them comparatively show an Abyssal's strength to a Claymore's. We can speculate by using the Rigaldo and Agatha fights since they were both former #2s, but right now we have no way knowing how much stronger the Abyssals are above them. (Note: I'm not going to use Teresa's fight with Rosemary, because Teresa is obviously in a class all by herself).

Miata is interesting. She is clearly still very young, at the age you would think she would still be in training. Her mind is like that of a child. Sure, she is incredibly powerful, but why rush? Why not keep her in training until she matures a little, in both body and mind? If it wasn't for Clarice's breast-feeding technique, Miata might never have been useful. At least Priscilla was able to follow orders and have some semblance of a rational mind. But, Priscilla did graduate at a later age. Questions surrounding Miata could answer many of the questions we have about the inner workings of the organization.

No way knowing about Lune's strength until we actually see her. Up until now, she's only been talked about. The only things we know about her:

1) She is the Organization's Eye
2) Her training was accelerated due to Galatea's troublesome behavior
3) Her rank can be no higher than #6 (#1 Alicia, #2 Beth, #3 Audrey, #4 Miata, #5 Rachel). She could be lower. I can see her being somewhere in the #6-#9 ranks. I think she'll be a single digit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshka View Post
I just started getting into this manga, so sorry if someone has already talked about this extensively...
Also can anyone point me to the thread where they talk about the organization leaders and who they are exactly? I know it's never stated in the manga, but I'm sure everyone has noticed how they dont really age and have weird yoma-like scars and veins all over their faces. I want to see what people have said about that
Thanks!
This has been speculated in many different threads (including this one), so it's kind of hard to point out any specific one. I know it's a LOT of reading, but they are enjoyable, and you see some real good ideas here and there.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-03-19 at 13:55.
Old 2008-03-19, 13:57   Link #1445
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunater View Post
I`m still exited for what`s gonna happen between Clare and that boy from rabona that stoled the kiss from Clare?
One thing Claymore-manga was missing is romance! you know, since most of the characters are female... anyways
Yeah, Raki is a boy whom I care about.

Normal girls want the bad boy type while "monster" girls want the good boy type. Plus, Raki is a master of cooking and an undefeatable one and you know how Priscilla likes to eat.
Old 2008-03-19, 14:08   Link #1446
Sunater
Słnater Annčs

haha, come to think of it, Raki is the most powerful right now in the whole manga, LOL!!!!
Hurt him and you got Priscilla & Isley on your neck, hehehe

What if Raki saves Clare from getting Killed by Priscilla, I really don`t know why Priscilla likes Raki so much... don`t think it`s love, but what is it? I mean why? It`s almost like she is addicted to him,.... she didn`t eat Clare when she was little and she is not eating Raki now... Does she have a thing for little kids? lol

Wierd if you ask me..
Old 2008-03-19, 14:15   Link #1447
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Priscilla likes to eat guts, that's bound to tip off even the most naive person over time, especially if your meant to be a cook.
Also i still think the #1 and #2 slot is no longer occupied by alicia and beth, they have no ego (ie pride in their rank), they don't patrol (corresponding areas), and they don't need to do anything but sit and keep the org guarded from AO (inactive members?). Would mean you could have better fighters than audrey and rachel hanging around as a side note.
Old 2008-03-19, 14:20   Link #1448
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

On the subject of Racheal, Audrey, and state of the organisation. Anyone would look bad going up against Riful but to me it was more then that. The fact that they challenged her in the first place. Even if they couldn't sense her power they knew her reputaion and yet they arrogantly underestameted her. Like it was stated befor I think that they lack expierence. I don't think they have tasted dispair and recognised there own limits yet. And it wasn't just those two . Was it #7 or #9 that the ghosts had to save. Of course she was ambushed but still very little caution on her part. I think they are cocky with there powers. And no matter what anybody else says, Audrey wetting herself was very pitiful and unbecoming a #3. Several times in the manga we have seen characters completly at there limits with no chance and yet it was only Audrey who wet hereself. (I'm being harsh I know.) But as to the state of the organisation as a whole I think it has been stated many times that the organisation must be short handed. And like what was previosly mentioned why did they send two high numbers on on awakend bieng hunt. I really want to know what's going on with the organisation right know.
Old 2008-03-19, 14:32   Link #1449
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunater View Post
... Does she have a thing for little kids? lol Wierd if you ask me..

...We don“t know, but she appears to be a very troubled person, even for an Abyssal. We don“t know why she spared Clare and there is no conclusive answer unless that she, in fact, likes Raki. And I mean it...

Last edited by Defiled one; 2008-03-19 at 14:45.
Old 2008-03-19, 14:36   Link #1450
Vinak
Procrastinator

they were replacing the 24 warriors in pieta before they knew of the conclusion. we find this out with Galatea and her talk with the organization's zombies (MiB)

also Miria speculates all the claymores ranked 30 and below are nothing more than mere fillers when she spots the new #47
I think 3-5 are probably ranked properly in comparison to other generations but 6-30 are probably below average.

~I want to touch on some of the subject of the 3 pages i missed out on while i was sleeping XD

Raphaela asking Teresa having a sister is probably much simpler than you guys are trying to suggest. I think its just the simple fact she had to endure the pain of losing her sister and blaming herself for it.

She is just glad Teresa would not have to go through the same thing, since in her world claymores either Die or become AB's.
I would think watching your sister awaken would be like watching her die. And in a sense, she did die. She became something else.

Quote:
...We don“t know, but she appears to be a very troubled person, even for an Abyssal. We don“t know why she spared Clare. and there is no conclusive answer unless that she, in fact, likes Raki. And I mean it...
she probably doesn't realize she is an awakened being anymore.
if i recall correctly every Youma Raki has come across stated he looked very delicious for some reason and seemed to want to eat him.
She says he smells really good. she probably has come to the same conclusion as the rest but just doesn't realize why.

Last edited by Vinak; 2008-03-19 at 14:51.
Old 2008-03-19, 14:50   Link #1451
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
she probably doesn't realize she is an awakened being anymore.

if i recall correctly every Youma we've come across has stated he looked very delicious for some reason and seemed to want to eat him.

She says he smells really good. she probably has come to the same conclusion has the rest but just doesn't realize why.

I wish it was that simple. Priscilla eats guts, human guts and appears to be unaware of why people ran away from her. She also threatened Rigald, saying she wouldn“t eat him and she didn“t appeared uncaring regarding the taste of flesh...as long that she has meat.
Question, why didn`t she ate him on the spot? Yagi knows because this was intentional and it shall be explained further. I“m sure of it.
Old 2008-03-19, 14:54   Link #1452
Vinak
Procrastinator

think you are mistaking current affairs. she doesn't seem to be herself at all.

have we seen her eat anything in the regular monthly manga installments?
Old 2008-03-19, 15:02   Link #1453
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

No, not really. At least not in front of the boy. Isley said she had a memory lapse, a reversion to infancy. Now, she lost a huge part of her memory almost if she was never a claymore and her parents never died. The loss of her memory, probably before her family getting killed and afterwards killing Teresa.
So, she eats but she is not aware of she is doing and she wants to find her parents. She doesn“t know what she is.
In a way, it“s like this...you go to sleep on your bed and you“re 7 years old right? And then, you wake up naked, bloodied and in unfamiliar sorroundings. You“re scared, hungry and don“t know what happened. And you are not aware of your age or past
Old 2008-03-19, 15:57   Link #1454
hell88
Banned

Does anyone else think this thread has gone on to long and almost all of the disscusions in it have absolutely nothing to do with chapter 78. Lol
Old 2008-03-19, 16:10   Link #1455
Simley

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
Does anyone else think this thread has gone on to long and almost all of the disscusions in it have absolutely nothing to do with chapter 78. Lol
yeah well, there is nothing new to talk about, so we are talking about anything and everything to fill in the gap till the next chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Raki will never become a claymore i just feel that his character is just to much a wimp
I don't understand all the Raki bashing...every time I see him in the manga, he does something cool. He helped Clare come back from an awakening in Rabona, against Ophelia, even though he knew he had no chance, he fought her without complaining so Clare could reattach her legs. Then he asked Isley to teach him how to fight with a sword....for his own sake? no...he wants to get stronger so he can help Clare. I fail to see where he would be considered a wimp.
Old 2008-03-19, 16:45   Link #1456
Sunater
Słnater Annčs

Yea hes something, but when he opens his mouth..... then it really gets tiering on how much he whines about how much he`d like to help Clara and what she means to him...

I liked when Clare was little... for a little girl who is so young to know about the pain in a warriors eyes... and how she was toyed around by the yuma`s and ... I have to admit, my tears just flew off when I saw Therese crying and Clare by her side .. great great moment^^

Last edited by Sunater; 2008-03-19 at 18:57.
Old 2008-03-19, 17:56   Link #1457
hell88
Banned

That was a great moment. Too bad they didn't have Teresa live longer, you know just to unravle a bit more of her life and all that stuff, and show how powerful she was.
Old 2008-03-19, 18:16   Link #1458
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

@Simeley
The main reason everyone hates Raki for is that he spoiled the Anime so bad with his screaming Clarrreeeee when she was like 1000 miles away from him and that took a lot of time from the main action I myself hate raki's guts...AN every one is saying Raki is gonna be a claymore no he is gonna be something better then that because he is gonna use Ishely or Priscillla flesh and he is gonna become something more powerful then a claymore.....*Noise in the back ground* he is......is,...... gonna be.......a RAKIMOREEEE
Old 2008-03-19, 18:32   Link #1459
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

This thread's ground down abit? i know someone start a chapter 79 thread so we get to speculating...

(you dislike raki for saying CLAARRREEE!!!, that's like saying the superflous NNNOOOOOOO!! from darth vader/anakin skywalker at the end of revenge of the sith wasn't an amusing cliche.)
Old 2008-03-19, 18:34   Link #1460
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

._. i dont dislike Raki for that i hate the fact that he took about 4x the airtime then the sexy Flora and Irene every did..and for more reasons