AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-07-25, 20:30   Link #4001
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
I believe you got the wrong thread (or sub-forum for that matter...).
Opps... wrong story. >_<

This one should be about something else (About Vanishing Geist, that super hero Esper thingy)

Like I say, I am working on multiple stories at once.

Not a good idea considering I just mixed up the two.

Edit: Crap....I forgot to save the original Draft. I will have to type out everything again. Will post later.

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-07-25 at 21:08.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 23:03   Link #4002
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
^I just read the first chapter of that and it was physically painful to see Touma not realize Misaka was innocent. I approve.
The feeling is mutual.

Spoiler:
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 07:41   Link #4003
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Thanks for the update. I actually like your AU a lot I've read every chapter so far
Glad you liked it
Kira477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 10:36   Link #4004
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I think I've asked this question before but I forget.

What age is Yomikawa? If it was never stated, what do you guys reckon should her age be?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:21   Link #4005
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Spoiler for First Draft for real:

Last edited by agetreme; 2013-07-26 at 12:05.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:50   Link #4006
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Boku wa... Seigi no Mikata...
Old 2013-07-26, 16:15   Link #4007
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I think I've asked this question before but I forget.

What age is Yomikawa? If it was never stated, what do you guys reckon should her age be?
I guess late twenties to early thirties, but in this series who knows
Old 2013-07-26, 17:34   Link #4008
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I guess late twenties to early thirties, but in this series who knows
Very very good point
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 18:51   Link #4009
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Pff I'd bet late 30s early 40s.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 21:11   Link #4010
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Okay, while there hasn't been much progress in the chapter so far, I have something I require an opinion on if anyone feels inclined to provide.

In the next major arc, I was contemplating the idea of Touma finding himself involved in another dark-side incident that involves another big-name organization. To be specific, I'm talking about Touma either unintentionally working with or going against the members of SCHOOL. I don't know why I have this idea in my head, really I don't, but I don't see many fics that have Kakine Teitoku in them, much less SCHOOL in general.

Basically, I wanna expose Touma to the different agents, if you will, lurking in darkness of AC besides just Mugino and the rest of ITEM.

So, thoughts on this idea?

Last edited by SmokinFerret88; 2013-07-26 at 21:25.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 22:13   Link #4011
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I approve of anything that involves Kakine.
Old 2013-07-26, 22:28   Link #4012
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

The problem lies that I have no idea how or what Kakine can do with his Dark Matter.

I may need to re-read the him and Accelerator's fight in volume 15.
Old 2013-07-26, 23:38   Link #4013
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

In regards to what Kakine can do: sky's the limit, he can do nearly anything when it comes to the application of his ability.
Old 2013-07-26, 23:53   Link #4014
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

From what I read, its as you said in that he can create just about anything. I already knew that much from before. My problem is I don't know precisely what he would create that would be fitting for him if I was to apply him to the story.

Would I still stick with the wings like he uses or would he create something more subtle than that. That's my thing really; since I can't really see him in a warehouse somewhere with wings sprouting from his back...

Then again, I can see how he could have created his clothes. I mean, if his Dark Matter is matter that defies the laws of physics, does that imply that he is virtually wearing clothes that are bulletproof yet maintains the weight of a T-Shirt?

It's those kinds of things that make me wonder, and probably the reason I want to experiment with him since, again, I don't see many fics with him in it.
Old 2013-07-27, 00:19   Link #4015
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinFerret88 View Post
Okay, while there hasn't been much progress in the chapter so far, I have something I require an opinion on if anyone feels inclined to provide.

In the next major arc, I was contemplating the idea of Touma finding himself involved in another dark-side incident that involves another big-name organization. To be specific, I'm talking about Touma either unintentionally working with or going against the members of SCHOOL. I don't know why I have this idea in my head, really I don't, but I don't see many fics that have Kakine Teitoku in them, much less SCHOOL in general.

Basically, I wanna expose Touma to the different agents, if you will, lurking in darkness of AC besides just Mugino and the rest of ITEM.

So, thoughts on this idea?
Interesting. You can make some story how he hangs out with ITEM when all of a sudden SCHOOL attacks them. ITEM leaves Touma after the attack but because of what happen with ORDER, Touma decides to follow them since he's worried about them.
Old 2013-07-27, 00:34   Link #4016
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

That idea may be implicated at some point down the road, I don't want to do something like that so abruptly that it seems too coincidental. I mean, after the ORDER arc, I have a few mini-arcs planned to eat up a bit of time and properly introduce other characters from the series.

At the very least, I want to have Touma experience another perspective; see how an entirely different group handles things and note the difference between how Mugino and Kakine lead their respected groups. One doesn't give a damn about anyone and the other has at least some morality in them to spare those that oppose him; but all the same they still aren't against the idea of killing to achieve their goals.

The way I see it, not everything revolves around ITEM in regards to the dark-side of Academy City. It wouldn't be too far-fetched to me if Touma got himself wrapped up in an incident with another group like SCHOOL or MEMBER. If it was just ITEM then I feel the story would seem dull considering Touma's slowly immersing himself into darkness of the city.

Hell, I eventually plan for a Kihara to play a key role in this story sometime in the near future; and I view them as the poster-children of the dark-side events.
Old 2013-07-27, 01:30   Link #4017
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
From what I read, its as you said in that he can create just about anything. I already knew that much from before. My problem is I don't know precisely what he would create that would be fitting for him if I was to apply him to the story.

Would I still stick with the wings like he uses or would he create something more subtle than that. That's my thing really; since I can't really see him in a warehouse somewhere with wings sprouting from his back...

Then again, I can see how he could have created his clothes. I mean, if his Dark Matter is matter that defies the laws of physics, does that imply that he is virtually wearing clothes that are bulletproof yet maintains the weight of a T-Shirt?

It's those kinds of things that make me wonder, and probably the reason I want to experiment with him since, again, I don't see many fics with him in it.
Bulletproof clothes would be certainly inside the range of his abilities. But he also is able to change the enviroment with his powers. For example, he can break light with his wings in a way, that it will become harmful for living beings.

About subtility: He thinks he is almighty with his power and he wants his enemies to realize this, so first he will go with the flashy moves. That said, he isn't above dirty fighting, especially when he thinks he will lose. Let take him hostages, which he inserts parts of Dark Matter in and threatens to blow up, if the enemy doesn't give up.

He also is always overestimating his powers. Let him bite more than he can chew. So yeah, he would open his wings inside a warehouse, completely forgetting the space...

Also, that guy loves to GLOAT. I will again cite Terry Pratchett here:

Quote:
..If a man has you at his mercy, then hope like hell that man is an evil man. Because the evil like power, power over people, and they want to see you in fear. They want you to know you are going to die. So they'll talk. They'll gloat. They'll watch you squirm. They'll put off the murder like another man will put off a good cigar. So hope like hell your captor is an evil man. A good man will kill you with hardly a word.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 01:45   Link #4018
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was worried about late 30's to 40's part... She is kind of on komoe's seniority level with both of them being so buddy buddy. And komoe is confirmed to be in her 40's I believe.

Wait... Kikyo is listed as over 25 and she's classmates with yomikawa back in the day right?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-07-27 at 02:06.
Old 2013-07-27, 08:30   Link #4019
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
The problem lies that I have no idea how or what Kakine can do with his Dark Matter.

I may need to re-read the him and Accelerator's fight in volume 15.
I just reread volume 15 a bit ago actually (I'm doing a big rewatch/reread of Index). He's also capable of causing explosions somehow, I'm guessing by creating some sort of Dark Matter that explodes when it touches air or something (although that might be entirely wrong).

You could also have him throwing those "spears" of Dark Matter he used in NT6 iirc.
Old 2013-07-27, 09:06   Link #4020
demino_hellsin
That one guy

He causes explosions by giving dark matter properties of an unstable mass. Something similar to nitroglycerin I suppose or even more crazy example would be anti-matter.

Spoiler for A little more crazy:

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-07-31 at 11:45.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction