AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 14:15   Link #61
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
must... resist... buying... a... psp
Why don't you just do it? There's plenty of great games out for the handheld now, plus there's VC2 and VC3 in the future!
Old 2010-09-17, 15:13   Link #62
Runty

You know, when they release VC3's English dub (and it definitely will be released here in NA), I sure hope they have the Darcsen girl Imuka (sp?) voiced by Michelle Ruff.

Rukia ftw.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 16:00   Link #63
Nerroth
NePoi!

I didn't realize it was going to be out so relatively early; the site lists it for the 27th of January 2011.

Assuming it doesn't get a Fate/Extra-esque delay, I guess.
Old 2010-09-17, 17:51   Link #64
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Why don't you just do it? There's plenty of great games out for the handheld now, plus there's VC2 and VC3 in the future!
But the main starting Valkyria Chronicles fanbase already has the PS3 to start with and it would be hard to understand why they dropped all prospects of doing the game for PS3. When my younger brother played Tales of Symphonia and Fire Emblem a few years back, they were made for Gamecube and it was pretty well done as RPGs.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 12:12   Link #65
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
As I said earlier, seeing as the writers are apparently going for a darker tone to the story this time out, the possibility exists that we're looking at traitors in the making, rather than the future heroes many might be expecting. In terms of gameplay, this might mean that depending on certain choices made at key points, there might be two divergent arcs after a certain point in the timeline, each with unique missions and rewards which can be carried into new-game-plus. For extra kudos, the squad might not be unanimous in the decision to go rogue, meaning that said 'certain point' could be accented by a 'mission' where some of the squad have to fight the others...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 08:41   Link #66
Neovoid

When I first the heard the 3rd game being called "Valkyria Chronicles III: Unrecorded Chronicles", I thought we were playing as a special black ops unit seeing that we were now have "darker" colored uniforms and special weapons like an over-sized grenade launcher with giant blade bayonet usually found in sci-fi FPS and 3rdPSs. And also I thought "Unrecorded Chronicles" meant you would be performing Deniable Covert Operations like in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 10:50   Link #67
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
I completely agree with you, Goose, on that giant gun/sword/whatever the hell that thing is. It's WAY too big to be able to ever use. In fact, I think the Armored Tech class is bullshit as well. I mean, seriously? Giant swords? Fuck that.

Anyway, I'm a bit scepctical about the whole darekr edgier thing. Would it be great if they could pull it off:? yeah. I'm worried that their definition of darker/edgier though is more equivelant to "Whiny bitch story" than it is to "mature".
Part of me thinks that the idea behind the armored tech class was that if they gave them guns, people would scream they were ripping MW2 off

That said, on the giant gun/sword/whatever, the possibility exists that it's an oversized antitank rifle - the Lahti was a rather big damn thing, afterall...

...yeah, I'm selling it, and I'm not even buying. I still think the most likely use is a recoilless rifle or short range mortar of some sort - I keep thinking of the Davy Crockett everytime I look at it...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 12:49   Link #68
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
But the main starting Valkyria Chronicles fanbase already has the PS3 to start with and it would be hard to understand why they dropped all prospects of doing the game for PS3.
There are probably more fans of the anime than the PS3 game, just have a look around the forums and you'll notices that a big portion who bought the PSP game never even played the ps3 game, but know VC from the anime. IRC the PSP game outsold the PS3 game in its opening week, and i reckon it will out do the ps3 game soonish, excluding best and re-released versions.
Since sega manage to put a version of canvas engine on the psp and the dev cost are lower on the psp, it is a guaranteed win situation for sega.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 13:15   Link #69
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Since sega manage to put a version of canvas engine on the psp and the dev cost are lower on the psp, it is a guaranteed win situation for sega.
It's also a pretty good win for us, especially since the gameplay looks excellent, from what I've gathered. Here's to a distinct lack of Emo angst and a very great amount of:

"Hi. I killed a successful officer. That's the highest point in my career, and I'm not bothered at all."

Or:

"Hi. I tortured captured enemies. Man, you should have heard their screams. It's worth being in this unit, but I'd like to go back to that.

Damn, that was fun."
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 13:53   Link #70
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
It's also a pretty good win for us, especially since the gameplay looks excellent, from what I've gathered. Here's to a distinct lack of Emo angst and a very great amount of:

"Hi. I killed a successful officer. That's the highest point in my career, and I'm not bothered at all."

Or:

"Hi. I tortured captured enemies. Man, you should have heard their screams. It's worth being in this unit, but I'd like to go back to that.

Damn, that was fun."
That is the whole point in picking up arms, no? I understand the angst thing ongoing in these kind of game.

But PSP? i got a ps3 and 2 psp and honestly would rather play it in 720p, big maps and what not.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 14:55   Link #71
Snowman24

If these are people who've committed military offences or whatever. I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that Homer Perron's sister has been charged with striking a superior officer/officers... repeatedly.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 16:08   Link #72
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
If these are people who've committed military offences or whatever. I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that Homer Perron's sister has been charged with striking a superior officer/officers... repeatedly.

Don't ask me if the superior officer was asking for some BDSM in bed before someone came in, put charges of striking an officer and possibly indecent behaviour on Homer's sister.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 05:18   Link #73
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

Don't ask me if the superior officer was asking for some BDSM in bed before someone came in, put charges of striking an officer and possibly indecent behaviour on Homer's sister.
Poor Homer. I'm afraid to find out what Leila (That's his sister's name btw) did to him.
Old 2010-09-21, 07:55   Link #74
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Poor Homer. I'm afraid to find out what Leila (That's his sister's name btw) did to him.
Well he definitely developed a rather twisted sense of affection didn't he?

And speaking of blondes, are the Calamity Raven baddies all Darcsen? That blonde officer has the eye color of a Darcsen so either she dyes her hair or is mixed. Now that would be interesting. She would be the first character of mixed Darcsen heritage I think, and Imperial at that.
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-21, 15:01   Link #75
Snowman24

She could be half-Darcsen/half-Imperial I'm going to guess that she is. Also if she is in Calamity Raven, then Yes, she's most likely a Darcsen. More over, one of the officers by the looks of it.
Old 2010-09-23, 05:57   Link #76
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's a gameplay footage of the game from TGS

Old 2010-09-23, 11:55   Link #77
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ I like how you can bring someone to follow and move as a group and I definitely like the fact that you can control reira's valkyria form but I guess this is what we're going to get in exchange for the tank oh well I prefer the valkyria anyways XP.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 13:12   Link #78
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
^ I like how you can bring someone to follow and move as a group and I definitely like the fact that you can control reira's valkyria form but I guess this is what we're going to get in exchange for the tank oh well I prefer the valkyria anyways XP.
From what I've gathered (for what that's worth) you can use Reira and the tank in tandem.

Though... a player controlled Gallian Valkyria. FINALLY. We can unleash unending firepower WITHOUT being the bad guy.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 14:03   Link #79
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^that would be nice that we can use both in tandem and at the same time overkill. I feel sorry for the baddies already *evil grin*. However, I'm looking forward to see more of imuka as she's already my favorite character.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-23, 15:03   Link #80
Snowman24

This game has got me super excited because, Darcsens GALORE!! or so it seems, Bad ass Darcsens, Imperial Darcsens, maybe even mixed-Darcsens. That girl in Calamity Raven looks mixed, I look forward to seeing the others, there seemed to be more members of Calamity Raven. Hope there's more girls :P