AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-13, 15:48   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Steins;Gate Movie - News & Anticipation (No Game Spoilers)

As announced the end of the 24th episode of the Steins;Gate TV show, a movie is now been confirmed.

You may use this thread to discuss any news and speculation/anticipation relating to this movie, but please avoid any spoilers from any aspects of the game that may not have been shown in the anime and thus could impact the movie.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:51   Link #2
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I hope this movie will be about Suzuha and her fight against Sern.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:54   Link #3
Raiga
tl;dr

I'm sure there's lots of details and stuff in the universe that weren't explored, but off the top of my head I can't imagine what the movie would be about. The plot is too detailed to be crammed into a summary-type movie (at least IMO), and I dunno what a sequel would be about, so I guess a side-story is likely...?

Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 2011-09-13, 16:38   Link #4
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

I'm really excited for this, although I'm wondering what the movie will be based on. A movie adaptation of the VN won't work, else they sacrifice a lot of the things that made the TV anime work.

I'm guessing an adaptation of Boukan no Rebellion would work. It would be nice seeing Suzuha's backstory in action.
Old 2011-09-13, 16:43   Link #5
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Would like to see the future side and how Okabe fought against SERN as well as how he planned out contacting his old self etc. (Don't quite understand how he can make it so that he can only access the video after failing once at saving my beloved).

Would also be nice to get some further closure on the characters' lives. I want more Okabe x Kurisu damnit!
Old 2011-09-13, 19:44   Link #6
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I guess I just assumed the movie would be what most anime tv series' movies are: a compression of the tv show into 1.5 hours (ie: 24 episodes into the space of 4), and thus an utter abomination to anyone who watched the actual series.

Or is there any info indicating that it'll actually be a side/alternate story instead?
Old 2011-09-13, 21:05   Link #7
karuroso

Considering how well the sales are now, I wouldn't have been surprised if they announced a new series animating the Hiyoku Renri no Darling (in omnibus format for this one =~)but a movie? =O I'm really curious to see now what's gonna be about, since Darling is basically fanservice it's hard to think about an entire movie regarding this one

Last edited by karuroso; 2011-09-13 at 22:59.
Old 2011-09-13, 21:24   Link #8
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Odd thing, I didn't see any movie clips from the subs I watched... though I did see the promo images on the RandomC blog post, so thanks to Guardian Enzo for that, I would have completely missed it otherwise!

My guess is it's either a streamlined version of the anime with some additional animation, or a whole new sort of prologue story detailing Suzuha's fight against SERN's dystopia before she decided to time travel back to 1975. Alternatively, it could be focused on WWIII. Either is an awesome option.
Old 2011-09-13, 22:06   Link #9
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I suppose this will be like the UBW movie and explore a different route, maybe? Either way it's going to worth a watch, that's for sure.
Old 2011-09-13, 22:57   Link #10
velocity7

Spoiler for Maybe?:
Old 2011-09-14, 03:02   Link #11
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I guess I just assumed the movie would be what most anime tv series' movies are: a compression of the tv show into 1.5 hours (ie: 24 episodes into the space of 4), and thus an utter abomination to anyone who watched the actual series.
Hmm, let's hope it won't be that. Though I think I would still watch it for the animation alone since the series looked quite nice, the movie can only look better .
Old 2011-09-14, 05:12   Link #12
larethian

to make this good, they probably won't focus on particular heroines but encompass the entire lab members. my first question would be who's writing the story?
Old 2011-09-14, 07:34   Link #13
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know the movie will be one and a half hours of Kurisu being yandere... and you will love every minute of it.

*FLEES!!!*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2011-09-14, 10:55   Link #14
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
I wanna see more of Christina and her being in SERN. Okarin trying to change time lines to save her before her joining SERN or something would be pretty cool.
Old 2011-09-14, 12:32   Link #15
tomtkp

My hope would be Boukan no Rebellion adaptation or an original story take place after the True End (since Steins;Gate world line has uncertain future).
Or the third option is an official short story about what happened one year after Mayuri was being shot by Moeka in episode 12 (I forgot the title name).
Old 2011-09-14, 14:28   Link #16
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Very curious what the movie will be about too. Just hope it isn't just a condensed version of the series.

As to what I'd like to see... I don't really know lol. Maybe the "Steins;Gate" world line ends up being not so perfect and they have to go through another crazy adventure.
Old 2011-09-14, 16:42   Link #17
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I don't know but all I have to say is...I'm pissed that I don't understand Japanese and that I live in the US and that I'll have to wait SUPER DAMN FRIGGING LONG to see this movie.

curse you!!!!
Old 2011-09-14, 19:10   Link #18
Qikz

I really would like it to show Beta Okabe's struggle after Mayushii dies and how he makes the time machine with Daru to send Suzuha back in time.
Old 2011-09-14, 22:08   Link #19
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The .5pb president confirmed that the movie is not a summary of the series and since it is a serious world line, it is not an adaptation of Darling either.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3977.html

I doubt it's an original story. I'd say chances are high that it's an adaptation of Boukan no Rebellion, since that explores the side of the S;G story that didn't get enough development and focus.
Old 2011-09-14, 22:25   Link #20
kresslia
I dunno what to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The .5pb president confirmed that the movie is not a summary of the series and since it is a serious world line, it is not an adaptation of Darling either.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3977.html

I doubt it's an original story. I'd say chances are high that it's an adaptation of Boukan no Rebellion, since that explores the side of the S;G story that didn't get enough development and focus.
Well, this link here says it is in fact NOT Boukan no Rebellion, so I dunno...

http://translate.google.com.ph/trans...te-al-anime%2F
Closed Thread