AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-06, 18:24   Link #261
crayven

Also, the official website has updated info on the main characters. I guess that's how we know Izumo's mom's name.
Here's the old info of our three main chars:
Spoiler for :

Here's the new info
Spoiler for :

The most I can understand is the first sentence in Zessica's intro - mysterious sexy girl. I'd really appreciate it if someone can provide a more detailed summary.
Old 2012-04-06, 18:29   Link #262
miketyson

Yeah, I've mentioned before how it seems like the show has to go through lots of convolutions just to keep Amata away from Cayenne, and especially to keep Cayenne away from Mikono...seemingly just to avoid how unnatural it'd be for them to interact "normally" and not discuss any of the looming issues you'd think they'd be discussing under the circumstances.

In terms of naming: it's either a clue there's something "off" about that family (half expecting this, honestly), but at the same time being set 12,000 years in the future gives a lot of leeway for such diversity. I like it, actually, the weird names help keep things interesting.
Old 2012-04-06, 18:33   Link #263
kuromitsu

^Everyone's info had been updated, but except for the background info on the Altair charas and Sazanka's power it's all stuff we already know.
Old 2012-04-06, 19:15   Link #264
Dynzel
( ´_ゝ`)フーン

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Spoiler for Translation:

Spelling mistakes if any courtesy of my phone.
Cayenne....
Spoiler for Assuming the blurb is true...:
Old 2012-04-06, 21:52   Link #265
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynzel View Post
Cayenne....
Spoiler for Assuming the blurb is true...:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-07, 03:31   Link #266
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for if the blurb is true...:
Old 2012-04-07, 03:48   Link #267
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Spoiler for if the blurb is true...:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-07, 05:50   Link #268
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for if the blurb is true:

But this is just empty speculation ^^;; we'll see tomorrow.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:27   Link #269
mayumi

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-07, 08:14   Link #270
Arya

Spoiler for about the blurb:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-04-07, 08:50   Link #271
mayumi

chapter 3 is out
http://www.dm5.com/m102434/
Old 2012-04-07, 16:30   Link #272
HimeaSaito

So from that new updated info:
Kagura info:
Jin and Kagura are childhood friends
Mikage was his mentor

Zessica info:
Zessica's element power is extensive: she can shoot bolts of psychic force, extend extra-sensory perception through her exposed skin, and use telekinesis to warp nearby objects.

So is Amata the human/Shadow Angel hybrid????
I can't translate the other characters info??? Can anyone translate them???
Old 2012-04-07, 20:01   Link #273
mayumi

zessica's powers has silvia written all over it but i am sure she won't be anyone important in the end. too bad.
Old 2012-04-07, 20:25   Link #274
Vena
Carpe Diem

Color me confused but I'm pretty sure Zessica's powers had nothing to do with getting naked-sense-incoming-missiles episode... unless one of her powers is also the ability to transfer her powers to Amata and Mikono (no such ability exists).

Her power, while named different things by different people, seems to actually be fairly consistent. Its element (as in fire, earth, wind, water element) manipulation/distortion that can manifest in a fiery palm, (air) tornadoes, and (classic D&D earth) might or the warping of metal.

Wouldn't really call it Sylvia... that's really being monopolized by Mikono in more ways than one.
Old 2012-04-07, 21:49   Link #275
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoiler for if the blurb is true:

But this is just empty speculation ^^;; we'll see tomorrow.
Spoiler for Mikono:
Old 2012-04-08, 03:47   Link #276
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Her power, while named different things by different people, seems to actually be fairly consistent. Its element (as in fire, earth, wind, water element) manipulation/distortion that can manifest in a fiery palm, (air) tornadoes, and (classic D&D earth) might or the warping of metal.

Wouldn't really call it Sylvia... that's really being monopolized by Mikono in more ways than one.
Actually, so far it's pretty much Silvia's psychokinesis power. Manipulating objects with her mind, energy blasts, etc. (When did Zessica create a tornado?) Also, AFAIK Silvia didn't have a Connecting People element power, like Mikono: what she did in the last episode was something she had in herself as a person. (Note that she never did any connecting throughout the show until the last ep.) Her element power was psychokinesis, she also had superhuman strength, and various other powers that were either due to her Angel genes or the staff not really caring.
Old 2012-04-08, 10:42   Link #277
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Actually, so far it's pretty much Silvia's psychokinesis power. Manipulating objects with her mind, energy blasts, etc. (When did Zessica create a tornado?) Also, AFAIK Silvia didn't have a Connecting People element power, like Mikono: what she did in the last episode was something she had in herself as a person. (Note that she never did any connecting throughout the show until the last ep.) Her element power was psychokinesis, she also had superhuman strength, and various other powers that were either due to her Angel genes or the staff not really caring.
Tornado comes up in the last episode, its when Fudo talks about her power of distortion that you see a tornado... which is a distortion of air. Like I said, you can fairly easily apply her power to classic D&D elements: fire <-> flame palm, earth <-> might or, as Fudo called it, force that strengthens the Aquarion, air <-> tornado, and metal can be tossed into the earth category if you really want to be creative. As such, I think we're playing a little fast and loose with tossing around *powers like Sylvia* when telekinesis is such a painfully broad term (especially considering that we've seen no super-might or any of the other random characteristics of Sylvia's many (or one very broad) power in Zessica. We've only seen one vague similarity that we may just be attributing properties by bias on past knowledge)...

... And there's been little to nothing in the story to go on for anyone but Mikono being Sylvia even if her power is not the same but still reminiscent of what she *made into her greatest gift* in the original story. That and, like I've said before, if Zessica was anyone you'd think Fudo would make mention of it or at least allude to it... or seemingly care.

We've Amata with powers ~like~ Apollo's and I think we have a similar duality going on with Zessica. The only odd ball is Kagura... unless reverse is, if we take the same logic as Sylvia/Mikono translation of powers, the power that Apollo wanted or some such. (though, I honestly think that Kagura's power was chosen simply to be Mikono's opposite. The power to create and the power to undo, I don't think any further thought was put into it aside from Rule of Cool.)
Old 2012-04-08, 11:02   Link #278
kuromitsu

So basically, you think that Zessica can't have a power like Silvia's because she's not Silvia's reincarnation? :3 I still don't get why you're so certain that Mikono is the only one who could be Silvia's/Celiane's reincarnation. The big twist in Genesis was that 1) Celiane reincarnated into two people not one, 2) Solar Wings was in fact Aquarion and not Apollo/Sirius/anyone. Why do you expect Evol's reincarnation patterns to be any less weird and complicated? ^^;;

Also, to be honest your theory sounds over-thought to me. (Btw I'm watching that scene but I see no tornado...? The "tornado" came before Fudou started his little speech.) Psychokinesis is a broad term but so far that's what Zessica seems to be doing: enegry blast, distorting metal, both done by her mind. Also, officially her power was called "impact" (衝撃) and "distortion" (捻れ). Neither implies the connection to the elements that you described.

Btw, Amata's powers are not like Apollo's, Apollo had no wings and couldn't fly. And Kagura's power is not "undo", it's "reverse." He reverses stuff: unscrews the screws, reverses laser beams (or... whatever it is that he does that makes them bounce off him), says he can reverse a person's blood stream.
Old 2012-04-08, 11:49   Link #279
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
So basically, you think that Zessica can't have a power like Silvia's because she's not Silvia's reincarnation? :3 I still don't get why you're so certain that Mikono is the only one who could be Silvia's/Celiane's reincarnation. The big twist in Genesis was that 1) Celiane reincarnated into two people not one, 2) Solar Wings was in fact Aquarion and not Apollo/Sirius/anyone. Why do you expect Evol's reincarnation patterns to be any less weird and complicated? ^^;;

Also, to be honest your theory sounds over-thought to me. (Btw I'm watching that scene but I see no tornado...? The "tornado" came before Fudou started his little speech.) Psychokinesis is a broad term but so far that's what Zessica seems to be doing: enegry blast, distorting metal, both done by her mind. Also, officially her power was called "impact" (衝撃) and "distortion" (捻れ). Neither implies the connection to the elements that you described.
Not at all, I just think we're stretching her abilities. Whether or not she is a reincarnation really has nothing to do with her powers (and not what I intended to imply). If it were telekinesis, why not call it such? Because it'd be a give away? Like Amata's flight having made everyone think that Amata was some reincarnation... (which is where I was going with Amata in my previous post). You're probably right that I am over thinking it, but it just seems odd to me to not call it telekinesis if it is... and the D&D logic works.

As for the tornado, iirc, the sequence is the ground glowing, dirt rising, and then a tornado, which fit with Fudo's line-up of saying: Amata's power of flight, Zessica's distortion, and so on.

Quote:
He reverses stuff: unscrews the screws, reverses laser beams (or... whatever it is that he does that makes them bounce off him), says he can reverse a person's blood stream.
un- a prefix freely used in English to form verbs expressing a reversal of some action or state, or removal, deprivation, release, etc.

Undo is a generic form of "un-action" (as do is the generic form of the action verb and can be replaced by any other action verb that is more specific if so desired, and you can even go as far as "un-state" where state is replaced with some state of being), and it means exactly what you wrote: un(the prefix) ~ the reveral of the action/state to which it is attached. Unscrew is to reverse the screw. You can un-anything so long as it existed prior to you applying un.

As I said, Mikono can create while Kagura can undo. Neither ability can work without something having been there in the first place: Mikono cannot connect people with no attachment, Kagura cannot undo an action that has not occurred.
Old 2012-04-08, 12:28   Link #280
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Spoiler for Kagura Episode 15:

Now I'm just confused.
Closed Thread