AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-02-12, 12:12   Link #361
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAssasin View Post
lol, the kyuubi wasn't the first's pet...
Naruto needs to stop being sasuke's little groupie and go train; then he'd be fine.
You would think..I think the real problem is is that during the training, I the Jiraiya based Naruto's training around the Kyuubi's chakra. If so, that could turn out to be a big problem in teh future if the Kyuub's Chakra renders to be useless in some way.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 13:00   Link #362
james0246

Quote:
lol, the kyuubi wasn't the first's pet...
Naruto needs to stop being sasuke's little groupie and go train; then he'd be fine.
I don't think I have ever agreed with you more, than with this statement. Welcome to the Dark Side .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 13:39   Link #363
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Even Sasuke said it:

And even the Kyuubi said that Naruto relies on him too much:

HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 19:26   Link #364
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
I thought it was mentioned somewhere that sasuke gained that much power because he was drugged?

btw i think sasuke is pampered to the max by kishi:
- sharingan (the ultimate ace in the narutoverse, sharingan > summon beasts)
- kakashi mentioning using CS will halt sasuke's growth, but apparently kishi didn't let that happen to his fav character
- sasuke mentioned that he is not stronger than itachi, even if oro were to have his body. But the way things are going in the manga, it seems like sasuke > itachi in almost every way (plot no jutsu?)
- personally sasuke stopping MS genjutsu with "pure hate" is pure bs to me
- he has a sword that numbs per stab
- his chidori variations > almost everything
- EVEN THOUGH sasuke is "wrong" (betrayed his village, tries to kill his friend, etc.) kishi is making it seem like sasuke is a "good guy". (this pisses me off, he shoulda remain pure evil)
- he has hidden ace/trump cards we have yet to see
- his speed is top tier, probably even faster or at least equal to that of itachi
- his battle strategies have been knocked up a few knotches, probably at shika's level. (Remember pre skip, sasuke's fighting pattern has been: use his speed, if that fails, use his fireballs, then chidori.)
- absorbed oro (healing power probably subpar to 9 tail, extra knowledge, snake summons)

Now we see naruto:
- 9 tail fox: supposenly useless infront of a sharingan user, damages self, eventually to be extracted
- rasengan, its been the same pre/post time skip (well, it got bigger but i think thats the size doesn't really matter that much)
- new jutsu! but it turns out to be a "better" rasengan... (i mean wtf, if rasengan is lethal enough what is the point of making it more lethal, too redundant imo)
- frog summons, ok when is the last time he used that?
- kagebunshin, well hes hasn't gone nuts with the number but still same ol (he should at least mix some wind element into his bunshins to make them explosive... but i am only dreaming)
- that is about it for naruto... i mean sure his speed has improved but still not top notch
- his element is countered by ssasuke's element for god sakes (fire>wind)

verdic: kishi is gay for sasuke, he even regrets not naming the manga after him for fuk sakes
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 19:47   Link #365
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Here is a basic view on how powerful the sharingan is:

Problem | Solution |
-----------------------------|-----------------------|
If they have a gun | Sharingan |
S-Class Hired Terrorist | Sharingan |
Gai level Taijutsu | Sharingan |
10'000 Ninjutsu | Sharingan |
9 tailed fox | MS |
Army of Konoha+Suna |3 Sharingan Users|
Old 2008-02-12, 19:59   Link #366
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
This made me wonder something; I wonder if transforming into your Bijuu is strictly dependent on how many tails the Bijuu has. For instance, Gaara and Yugito were able to take the complete form of their Bijuu's, but they had only 1 and 2 tails, respectively. Naruto has already gone 4 tails, and only become a mini-kyuubi. Is it easier for Jinchuuriki with lesser Bijuu's to assume that power because of the lesser amount of tails, or is the same energy required for transformation, regardless?
Unfortunately, we've not seen enough jinchuriki (nor will we ever now, unless the beasts get loose from the statue and then sealed in new hosts) to say.

Personally, I think all the jinchuriki are like Gaara and Yugito, and Naruto's the oddball because of the unusual way the fox was sealed...

Quote:
- frog summons, ok when is the last time he used that?
The Sannin fight... which is really pathetic, actually. You'd think Jiraiya would at least have taught him how to do that right...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 21:44   Link #367
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Unfortunately, we've not seen enough jinchuriki (nor will we ever now, unless the beasts get loose from the statue and then sealed in new hosts) to say.
I would like to see an 8 tailed tiger from Kumogakure I mean their ninja's have only showed up for 2 chapters at the most, or a 7 tailed mole/armidillo from the Iwagakure or even a 5 tailed Hammerhead Shark from the village hidden in mist
Old 2008-02-12, 21:46   Link #368
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I would like to see an 8 tailed tiger from Kumogakure I mean their ninja's have only showed up for 2 chapters at the most, or a 7 tailed mole/armidillo from the Iwagakure or even a 5 tailed Hammerhead Shark from the village hidden in mist
Those might be wants that can only be fulfilled through fan fiction. I thought they listed what animal each Bijuu was, and I don't recall any tiger, mole/armadillo, or shark. Though, I could be remembering totally wrong.

Edit: So I just found this list. No guarantee of it's accuracy, but it's the only one I could find:

1.) Ichibi - Tanuki
2.) Nibi - Cat
3.) Sanbi - Turtle
4.) Yonbi - *unknown*
5.) Gobi - Dog
6.) Rokubi - Weasel
7.) Shichibi - Badger
8.) Hachibi - Snake
9.) Kyuubi - Fox

Last edited by Quzor; 2008-02-12 at 21:53. Reason: just found a list...sort of
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 21:51   Link #369
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quzor View Post
Those might be wants that can only be fulfilled through fan fiction. I thought they listed what animal each Bijuu was, and I don't recall any tiger, mole/armadillo, or shark. Though, I could be remembering totally wrong.
I didn't remember them say what the bijuu are just how many tails they have and how many they have captured
Old 2008-02-13, 00:45   Link #370
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I didn't remember them say what the bijuu are just how many tails they have and how many they have captured
Some have been named, but people base it off of the RL legend. Most of Naruto stuff has parallels with traditional Japanese legend of some kind.

For all the information you'll ever need on the Bijuu, check this out:
http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=57918
Old 2008-02-13, 04:15   Link #371
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

This is a fanfic Spectacular_Insanity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH View Post
I thought it was mentioned somewhere that sasuke gained that much power because he was drugged?
[...]
- kakashi mentioning using CS will halt sasuke's growth, but apparently kishi didn't let that happen to his fav character
- sasuke mentioned that he is not stronger than itachi, even if oro were to have his body. But the way things are going in the manga, it seems like sasuke > itachi in almost every way (plot no jutsu?)
- personally sasuke stopping MS genjutsu with "pure hate" is pure bs to me
[...]
- EVEN THOUGH sasuke is "wrong" (betrayed his village, tries to kill his friend, etc.) kishi is making it seem like sasuke is a "good guy". (this pisses me off, he shoulda remain pure evil)
Sakura mentioned it was possible after they partially witnessed how much he improved but considering the way he scolded Orochimaru about it, it is not very likely now. Then again the pill he took to force the CS to spread into his whole body pretimeskip can be considered as a drug to begin with.
No, Sasuke only said neither him or Orochimaru were strong enough to face Itachi. There is two ways to look at this one, either he was lying just as he lied about pretty much everything else since he actually always intended to kill Orochimaru or he really wasn't strong enough back then and absorbing Oro's abilities has powered him up much more than it is credited for.
-Sasuke didn't stop MS Genjutsu with "pure hate", no more than Naruto stops attacks with pure "will of fire". This is their motivation, what is fueling their strength but this isn't what physically do the job for them.
What stopped the MS Genjutsu is Sasuke's skill over his Sharingan, his willpower and the fact that contrary to Kakashi is a pure breed Uchiha.
-Sauke isn't wrong, or rather he is not completely wrong. This is a Bushido kind of thing, do you know the story of the 47 ronin? There are some similarities in this.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 04:30   Link #372
james0246

Well...the Cs or CS2 could, I guess, be considered a drug. I remarked to ShadowAssasin earlier that the CS was similiar to a steroid. So, I guess that could be the drug you were talking about NaOH (or should I call you 'Lye' ).

And, Sasuke will not be "officially" wrong unless he kills a "good" guy. Then he is f*ck*d, or at least has to go on a Kenshin style trip to atone (and we all know it was Oda that worked on Kenshin, not Kishimoto ).

Last edited by james0246; 2008-02-14 at 04:40.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 23:16   Link #373
BlackShinobi07

As of chapter 391 it's safe to say Sasuke is officailly stronger than Naruto. I can;t imagine who could possible disagree now after seeing Sasukes performance against Itachi.

Quote:
Even Sasuke said it:

And even the Kyuubi said that Naruto relies on him too much:

Wow. Irrefutable proof from the source that Naruto is a weakling and that he relies on the kyuubi too much. I love it :-D
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 00:01   Link #374
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
As of chapter 391 it's safe to say Sasuke is officailly stronger than Naruto. I can;t imagine who could possible disagree now after seeing Sasukes performance against Itachi.

Wow. Irrefutable proof from the source that Naruto is a weakling and that he relies on the kyuubi too much. I love it :-D

And irrefutable proof that the Kyuubi will give Naruto all his powers if he releases that seal
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 00:23   Link #375
vision55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
And irrefutable proof that the Kyuubi will give Naruto all his powers if he releases that seal
or kill him...I am still hoping that Naruto gains strength apart from the Kyuubi.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 00:26   Link #376
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Ahhh no. Its already been stated that if the seal is removed Naruto will die.
Old 2008-02-27, 07:16   Link #377
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Ahhh no. Its already been stated that if the seal is removed Naruto will die.
I guess you missed my sarcasm. Must be too busy looking for reasons to hate/ bash Naruto. I think 90% of your posts you find an exuse to bash Naruto. For a character you hate so much you would think you'd just ignore him + his threads.

To break it down, maybe you shouldn't believe everything Kyuubi says.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 10:33   Link #378
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
I guess you missed my sarcasm. Must be too busy looking for reasons to hate/ bash Naruto. I think 90% of your posts you find an exuse to bash Naruto. For a character you hate so much you would think you'd just ignore him + his threads.

To break it down, maybe you shouldn't believe everything Kyuubi says.
I don't hate Naruto. Its just annoying when people say he's stronger than guys like Kakashi and Sasuke, or even Sakura for that matter.
Old 2008-02-27, 10:51   Link #379
hai_san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
-Sasuke didn't stop MS Genjutsu with "pure hate", no more than Naruto stops attacks with pure "will of fire". This is their motivation, what is fueling their strength but this isn't what physically do the job for them.
What stopped the MS Genjutsu is Sasuke's skill over his Sharingan, his willpower and the fact that contrary to Kakashi is a pure breed Uchiha.
if you compare their willpower then even there Naruto suck ass more then Sasuke because Sasuke can stop a Tsukkyomi with his Sharigan/Hatred/Willpower/Skill whatever while Naruto can't do anything with his so called "Will of fire" (which did stop all kinds of "physical" skills before) against a Genjutsu from a Clone of Itachi with only 30% chakra! Right now Sasuke strenght is beyond the beyond...
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 12:33   Link #380
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
if you compare their willpower then even there Naruto suck ass more then Sasuke because Sasuke can stop a Tsukkyomi with his Sharigan/Hatred/Willpower/Skill whatever while Naruto can't do anything with his so called "Will of fire" (which did stop all kinds of "physical" skills before) against a Genjutsu from a Clone of Itachi with only 30% chakra! Right now Sasuke strenght is beyond the beyond...
you should know better than to compare naruto to sasuke, its foolish to compare a man to a god. you should also know that sasuek takes peoples techuniques and make them better.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote