AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 02:44   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 527 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

short spoilers are out...

Quote:
-Kinkaku and Ginkaku vs. Darui (Samui and Atsui step in to aid Darui).

-Kinkaku uses his gourd to steal his opponents soul (Ginkaku also seems to use this technique, but with Kinkaku's gourd as well). The technique is explained to record one word that an opponent says and then if the opponent uses the same word later during battle, then the technique will become active and the soul will be stolen...? (Maybe they mean body and not soul...?)

-They also apparently use tools that Rikudou Sennin once used (the gourd is one of them)...these were the tools they used to fight (and presumably defeat) the 2nd Hokage. Each of the tools is explained as well as Ginkaku and Kinkaku's unique powers and history (supposedly they were eaten by the Kyuubi until the Bijuu spit them up due to a stomach ache )...

-Samui and Atsui are soundly defeated and potentially even destroyed as they are sucked into the gourd.

-Gaara and Oonoki face off against the 2nd Tsuchikage (and other?); but there is no fighting this chapter...

Last edited by james0246; 2011-02-10 at 00:58.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 09:48   Link #2
SeanQ

word is "hi"
Kinkaku: Hi there.
Darui: Hi there yourself.

*Drops dead.*
Old 2011-02-09, 09:56   Link #3
kakakka

Reminds me of some technique from Yu Yu Hakusho, though its limited by "territory."
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 19:40   Link #4
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Reminds me of some technique from Yu Yu Hakusho, though its limited by "territory."
the name of the brothers and the gourd was copy straight out form the novel Journey to the West.
Old 2011-02-09, 20:04   Link #5
Fran~
floating away...

Without that novel we would have half of the mangas an animes
Old 2011-02-09, 20:24   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Without that novel we would have half of the mangas an animes
That and the water Margin.
Old 2011-02-09, 20:36   Link #7
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

so all they need to do to beat naruto is to set the word as bushin? or even no......
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 21:29   Link #8
nastyc

i still dont know where the information came from that those two killed the second hokage..
nastyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 22:01   Link #9
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
word is "hi"
Kinkaku: Hi there.
Darui: Hi there yourself.

*Drops dead.*
lol brilliant, its that easy
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 04:38   Link #10
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

It has to be their catchphrase. So Naruto's will be "dattebayo".

Anyways, Samui getting sucked in was bs. Same with getting infused with Kyuubi chakra. A few tails almost burned off Sakura's arm, and yet they survived in a full powered nine tails (before the 4th weakened it) for two weeks. They're not even that strong, Darui basically killed them already in an instant.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 06:12   Link #11
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The ability of this enemy in the current chapter is surprisingly...creative ? I thought it was going to be another explosion-thingy ability or something more dreadful....

But of course, getting your life sucked because you accidentally say your catchphrase is also dreadful.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 06:12   Link #12
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Anyways, Samui getting sucked in was bs. Same with getting infused with Kyuubi chakra. A few tails almost burned off Sakura's arm, and yet they survived in a full powered nine tails (before the 4th weakened it) for two weeks. They're not even that strong, Darui basically killed them already in an instant.
-From what I can gather, the Bijuu are all physical manifestations of their chakra. As such they all have the biology of the species they represent (however unlikely). Which means the Kyuubi's chakra probably wouldn't have attacked them in its stomach (or perhaps it couldn't). That said though, how the Hell does anyone survive in the stomach of a gigantic monster fox without being digested by its acid? Better yet, even if they were able to avoid it where did they get the food, water and air needed to survive the 2 weeks?
Old 2011-02-10, 06:35   Link #13
Kallen4life

they seem to have nothing except for the weapons (lol from Sage of the Six Paths .. BS) and convenient regeneration

*yawn*
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 07:24   Link #14
ronin myael
lost ronin

i'm sorry but that was one of the stupidest naruto chapters i've ever read! to be beaten by your own catchphrase? what was that all about? the brothers tinged with kyuubi chakra because they were eaten and remained inside the kyuubi's stomach for 2 weeks? are you kidding me?! just when i thought kishi was getting back on track with the war, he does this. talk about "creativity". *sighs*
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 07:34   Link #15
Kallen4life

that a children's game becomes a reality and can kill you reminded me of Shunsui's shikai from Bleach - rather creative I'd say .. the idea .. the execution - not sure

anyway, not impressed so far
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 07:51   Link #16
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
that a children's game becomes a reality and can kill you reminded me of Shunsui's shikai from Bleach - rather creative I'd say .. the idea .. the execution - not sure

anyway, not impressed so far
oh yeah, they're quite similar! i'm really disappointed though. i was expecting a lot from those guys, they were hyped up to have beaten the second hokage after all. shunsui's zanpakutou powers made sense to me considering his personality and the over all look of his character. he does look like the playful, trickster type. but just one look at the brothers, i never would have expected those techniques. i was expecting some powerful attacks from them. perhaps attacks that would shake the earth even, especially since they were supposedly swallowed by the kyuubi. i think kishi's attempt to get creative with these characters just backfired (so far). well, we'll see what else he could come up with in the next chapter.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 08:19   Link #17
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

just like whats his face said, this ability is childish but unique.. but childish still.
Old 2011-02-10, 09:01   Link #18
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Trapped in the nine-tail's stomach for two weeks, what did they eat? Assuming they ate each other's arms, what the hell did they drink, how did they sleep in a room of torment, and how did they get a chakra bonus when they should be weakened by it instead?

Also I think Samui got sucked in because she speaks the least, so remaining silent was her call. Not much of a chapter though, Darui owning both of them makes their backstory all the more ridiculous. Not to mention the five new hax of the narutoverse.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 09:05   Link #19
Slayerx

Say the taboo word and it seals your soul?
eh, yuyu hakusho did it better...

And those weapons do seem to scream "will be used against the zombies"... ya, Kabuto, when all powerful immortal minions have exactly ONE vulnerability that can kill them, you probably want to avoid allowing your enemies getting close to weapons that can exploit said vulnerability. And i rather do wonder where they got these weapons, and why they were not currently in the procession of the cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-From what I can gather, the Bijuu are all physical manifestations of their chakra. As such they all have the biology of the species they represent (however unlikely). Which means the Kyuubi's chakra probably wouldn't have attacked them in its stomach (or perhaps it couldn't). That said though, how the Hell does anyone survive in the stomach of a gigantic monster fox without being digested by its acid? Better yet, even if they were able to avoid it where did they get the food, water and air needed to survive the 2 weeks?
Raikage: "It makes sense when you think about it"
Tsunade: "No, no it does not... none of it does... at all."

Last edited by Slayerx; 2011-02-10 at 09:20.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 09:21   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This chapter

The explanation about why the brothers possess Kyuubi's chakra sucked more than anything I could have imagined.

The weapons are kind of cool, I guess, but their abilities are no more than watered down versions of the Sage's very own powers (and Itachi's susanoo). Why would he even need those weapons in the first place? It'd be like a suiton expert using a water gun... and before you imply he made them for someone else, it was said in this chapter that no humans are capable of using them (and yet the brothers were already wielding them when they fought Kyuubi...) so it's unlikely it was for anyone but himself.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion