AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Mech Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lancelot 112 33.04%
Gawain 210 61.95%
Burai 22 6.49%
Glasgow 11 3.24%
Sutherland 14 4.13%
Gloucester 16 4.72%
Gekka 22 6.49%
Guren Nishiki 142 41.89%
Ganymede 8 2.36%
Nightpolice 11 3.24%
Area 18/Serbian Cannon Mech 1 0.29%
Boatman 3 0.88%
Raiko 4 1.18%
Gan ruu 5 1.47%
Avalon 40 11.80%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-21, 18:37   Link #81
NewYinzer

I gotta admit, I like the Guren II the best. But the Glasgow and Gekka are neat also. I have a slight leaning towards the rank and file warriors of mech shows, rather than the aces. Most wars are fought with mass production units, so hence I favor GM's, Zaku's, and Mass Production Evas (even though they aren't really mechs).
NewYinzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 10:31   Link #82
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I went with the Gawain and Lancelot.

Gawain has the very powerful Hadron Cannons, float system and the druid system (though I don't think Lelouch ever used it). I suppose the flaws with the Gawain lie in that there seem to be a limited number of shots for the Cannons, the fact that there is are no other weapons besides those and its fingers, and the fact that neither Lelouch or C.C. are the best of pilots.

Lancelot has power, speed, a good set of weapons, and it also has the ability to fly now. The problems are the power supply and the fact that Suzaku is probably the only one who can pilot it with any real results.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 16:14   Link #83
C.C.
Gray Witch

I voted for the Gawain!!! It's absolutely the best! *___*
And then... Gloucester! ^_^ I like the Cornelia's one with the long mant!
C.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 21:23   Link #84
Elicit

Voted for the Gawain, Lancelot, and Guren Nishiki.

I don't know about C.C.'s actual piloting abilities, so, I can't agree if C.C. is not "one of the best of pilots" (as we see her easily take down Jeremiah in Siegfried on her own). A possible downside of Gawain seems to be it's overall large size - it couldn't keep up with Cornelia's mech when they were fighting in Eps. 24+25 despite it having "superior specs", as said by Lelouch. Doesn't seem to have the general ground speed most KMFs seem to sport.

Lancelot and Guren Nishiki... points already made.
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 16:22   Link #85
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Gawain isn't made for close combat. That was why it has the Hyrdro/Hydra? cannons. Think of Gawain as Legend from Gundam Seed Destiny: Sucky at close combat. While Cornelia's suit is made for close combat+small and annoying for a larger suit.

Though I have to say Gawain Kneeing Siegfried made me laugh XD

Plus Gawain is made mostly for GEASS Rune research so it's not all that special.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 16:28   Link #86
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Need Help Q: What Is The Name Of Lulu Mech? ( Forget The Name)
Old 2008-01-05, 16:30   Link #87
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I Need Help Q: What Is The Name Of Lulu Mech? ( Forget The Name)

Belongs to the Q & A board.

Currently Lelouch's Mech is Gawain which he shares with C.C.

The suit before was a edited Glasgow ( I think ) that had yellow crown thing on it XD

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 16:30   Link #88
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

The one he stole? I think that would be Gawain.
Old 2008-01-05, 16:33   Link #89
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Thanks For The Help ..Voted For Gawain & Lancelot
Old 2008-01-05, 22:24   Link #90
DukeTheGold
Shichibukai

My vote went solidly to Gawain. It is perhaps one of the most originally designed mecha from Sunrise for quite a while. It possessed utter physical elegance and well balanced between its combat and communication capabilities. I do believe that the Druid system is in reality the powerful radar system that enables Lelouch to oversee the entire combat situation. The Hadron Canons are...for the lake of a better description...coolness off the chart. The two man pilot concept is quite original (for a mecha). Love the paint job!

Lancelot is nice and all...kinda bulky looking with the extra float system. I utterly failed to understand why can't Llyod install a backup power system into it if energy fillers are actually portable(then again, he forgot to install the emergency ejection seat...)! Its design reminded me so many of Sunrise's past mechas...especially its facial(head) appearance. The most original part about Lancelot is perhaps its name and stylish mobility. Perhaps the main reason why I am against voting for it is due to its pilot...

Guren Nishiki received my second vote. Its design is catchy and its pilot rates very high in my book. Its mobility is no less than Lancelot's and its arm is simply one of most interesting weapons I have ever seen in animation. Guren Nishiki's right arm kinda reminds me of Scar from FullMetal Alchemist...for obvious reasons. Nice!
DukeTheGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 22:40   Link #91
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm hoping the new knightmares that appear in season 2 are just as good if not better. I'm curious as to whether Lelouch will gain a new knightmare or if the Gawain will continue to be used by him. It seems to be a bit of a rule in mecha (or is it just gundam?) that the character get a new mech.

If the main characters do not get new knightmares, I hope the ones they currently use get upgrades at the very least. Lancelot getting upgrades is a bit of a given since Lloyd seems to be constanly working on new things for it.

The Guren I could see getting upgrades such as a float system or perhaps a redesigned claw, maybe even two of them. That might not be sensible as I can't really see what two would do. Some ranged weapons would at least be useful as that seems to be the Guren's lacking point.

For the Gawain (provided it either gets recovered from the ocean or a new one is built) some more weapons would certainly be useful. Then again, the Gawain is meant to be a commander unit as well as one for research, so it may not happen.
Old 2008-01-06, 13:11   Link #92
Eryna

Gawain and Lancelot are my fav mechs.
Eryna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:23   Link #93
Stretch5920

I like the Guren Mk II. I know it's not the most powerful mech in the show, but I don't care about that. I just love the CLAW!
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 13:14   Link #94
Auelneider252
Innovator

Other than Lancelot and Gawain,all of the Nightmares haven't got a good-designed outfit.
Auelneider252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 14:56   Link #95
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auelneider252 View Post
Other than Lancelot and Gawain,all of the Nightmares haven't got a good-designed outfit.
Gundam fan are we?

well, to each his own.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 15:10   Link #96
Avisch
Reality Blender

I like the Gawain for it's design (I love the design of the cockpit (double seating is also nice) is and it's also pretty cool how it's built into the mech unlike the others).
Also the Gawain is pretty much intended for the purpose of having a nice heavilly armored single armed fortress for commanding.
I hope it comes back in season two.

And the Gekko are awesome with speedy combat. But for basic stuff I would go with the Burai or Sutherland.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 16:46   Link #97
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think the Gawain that was being used in season 1 is pretty much gone, but they may make another one of some sort. I'd rather that Lelouch get a new Knightmare to command with myself, but if it were similar to the Gawain I don't think it would be a bad thing.

Most of the mass production units are quite good actually, though it always depends on the pilot I suppose. I've always been curious how Suzaku would have done with a regular Knightmare.
Old 2008-02-16, 11:53   Link #98
LuckySeven
Nani!

I think that Gawain is outdated, specially if you compare Gawain with Mordred. Mordred is equipped with 4 Hadron beams and missile pods (Is it confirmed?). It also has the same shield like Lancelot has.

It is to suspect that in one year gap the Britannian did advance theirs KMF-s, and that Gawain is, like I sad outdated. Of course if you compare Gawain with the new KMF-s that Knight's of the Round are having.
LuckySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 20:17   Link #99
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The info about the Mordred is indeed confirmed. It may even be the spiritual successor to the Gawain given the upgraded weapons, though it may not have the Druid System.

I'm still hoping Lelouch gets a new Knightmare, which is probably a given. Hopefully he gets it a bit earlier than over halfway in the season.
Old 2008-02-17, 19:09   Link #100
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Voted for the Guren Nishiki myself, love the mech, and the pilot

Gawain takes my 2nd place spot, love the pure destructive power of the mech.

Hope Kallen gets a new mech as well, seeing as the Gurren was pretty messed up at the end of season 1.