AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 15:23   Link #21
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Toradora, Kaichou wa maid sama, Special-A I think for the most part should be fine. Darn, its hard to think of completely clean anime romances nowadays.
I know the feeling. Been looking for a looooonnngg time. Till u guys came and helped me.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 14:17   Link #22
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

No problem, always glad to help. I kept humor in mind in the three I picked since I think if its too serious of a romance it will bore her. I too would vote against watching Air. Itazura na Kiss is a little bit more serious while having some humor and I believe it is clean for the most part as well. She sounds alot like me, must have romance in it.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 15:26   Link #23
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Cool She enjoyed 5cm Per Second (relieved)

Listened to one of the requests you gave me which was 5cm Per Second. I absolutely enjoyed the show and so did my cousin and sister. You guys really saved me this time.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:38   Link #24
Solafighter
Hige

Just curious.... Why dont you look at all that stuff by yourself, first and decide yourself, whats the best for your child. That certainly makes you worry-free.
Old 2012-06-03, 15:44   Link #25
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
You're welcome!

I'm really glad that you and your cousin and sister enjoyed it.

How about you give Hoshi o Ou Kodomo a shot next. It's created by the same guy who made 5cm Per Second. Enjoy!
Old 2012-06-03, 15:53   Link #26
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You'll (duh) find few bigger Cross Game fans than me, but I honestly don't think a ten year-old would appreciate it - I think it's romanticizing the series to say they would. Honestly, most 10 year-olds would likely find CG boring, in my view. Just $.02 worth.
I disagree. Yes they probably won't be able to appreciate the show in all its profoundness but the show is very simple in its execution thus being easy enough to follow, and more importantly, is romantic enough for ten year olds to enjoy it. Heck the first (and easily the best) episode has nothing but kids around that age as its central characters acting out a deeply involving emotional drama that is innately human. CG would be an awesome show to introduce kids to anime with. Even if they don't get all that emotionally involved right away, it can keep coming back to them later.

I can understand why you would dread showing the show to ten year olds but I say you are underestimating the inquisitiveness kids possess. I say the only way they would find CG boring would be if the adult that introduces them to the show would either explicitly suggest that they might be bored with it "because it's a show for adults and you kids won't get it hurr" or if the adult didn't appreciate the show much themselves to begin with. It takes a certain bit of willingness to share what appears to be uniquely adult fascination with the kids to make them fascinated. If you were to take them sincerely and be very interested in watching the show together with the kids, there is no reason why they would walk away from it.

OT: I suggest Moomin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomin_...0_TV_series%29). It has everything a ten year old romantic could ask for.
Old 2012-06-03, 17:30   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Best episode by far? Oy, don't me started on how much I disagree with that statement...

That aside, I don't sell 10 year-olds short at all - I think they're a lot sharper than most adults give them credit for. But a kid who was watching CG for baseball likely would find it doesn't have enough, and a kid watching for romance likely would feel the same way. I think the romance in CG is very subtle, to the point where someone without the experience to see through an eminence front wouldn't necessarily know it was romance at all.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 18:04   Link #28
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Hmm...the other way to look at it is that she will love her dad even more
I agree with Eragon. She will realize what the value of family is.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 18:29   Link #29
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

To-Love-Ru
Needless
KissxSis

All 3 super romantic and barely any ecchi involved :I
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 18:38   Link #30
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Girls see the romance in Cross Game right away.

At least that's my experience.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:21   Link #31
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Just curious.... Why dont you look at all that stuff by yourself, first and decide yourself, whats the best for your child. That certainly makes you worry-free.
+1000
Unless the show is clearly targeted at children, you need to pre-screen, and often more than just an episode or two. The heavy stuff in Erin happens at episode seven. If you only watched the opening episode of Narutaru, you'd think it's entirely appropriate for a ten-year-old; believe me it's not. I thought Chobits was fine for my 13-ish daughter to watch until I got to the episode about online voyeurism.

If I didn't already mention Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, I'll do so now. It's a lovely little show with a very strong-willed and adventuresome young lady set in late 19th century Paris.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-03, 19:26   Link #32
NoemiChan
Banned

You could have your child watch the old animes like from Remi: Nobody's Girl to Les Miserables.

Not to disappoint you many famous animes are R-15 so showing them on TV are kinda limited. As the previous posters had said. If we have recommendations you still need to check them yourself.

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-06-03 at 20:44.
Old 2012-06-03, 20:19   Link #33
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

akazukin cha cha and gakuen alice and kaleido star. they are all definitely g or pg and awesome.
Old 2012-06-03, 23:01   Link #34
Seiryuu

I imagine it's probably a couple years too soon, but in the near future she might appreciate Mizuiro Jidai. As I recall it's a little frank at times, but in a simple, straightforward way that maintains some dignity and respect as it portrays a girl's life throughout junior high, from seventh grade on, and the changes she experiences, emotionally, physically and socially. Includes her experiences with love as she discovers early on that her once geeky childhood friend has been in love with her for some time.

Also might suggest Cardcaptor Sakura or Tsubasa. There is some degree of yuri/shounen-ai implication at a few points, though in Sakura any of those relationships that actually develop are left undetailed. And to be honest, the propriety of the relationships is a little swayed by the uptight modern environment that declares almost any relationship to be romantic/sexual. The worst case is later explained away as well as a case of a person being dazzled by a character's powers. Some other CLAMP works may do well also, though certainly not all. Angelic Layer and Rayearth are both rather innocent, and while the romance isn't the absolute center of the plot, it's still a significant part of the stories.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:09   Link #35
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
To-Love-Ru
Needless
KissxSis

All 3 super romantic and barely any ecchi involved :I
Right......don't even look into these. And prewatch some of it first otherwise you might get a nasty surprise like these 3 lol
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:26   Link #36
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
Right......don't even look into these. And prewatch some of it first otherwise you might get a nasty surprise like these 3 lol
I believe you don't even look in the first post (well I thought you are lying something ).
I would recommend Nadja and perhaps Miyazaki movies ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 05:30   Link #37
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Seconding Miyazaki movies. And oh, World Masterpiece Theatre animes as well. They are usually long, so it ought to keep your cousin occupied. Plus, they are rich in moral values.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 06:10   Link #38
NoemiChan
Banned

Thirding on Miyazaki movies, but be advice that some are quite graphic for children but in general all has a moral story to show especially pertaining to nature and daily life.
Old 2012-06-04, 06:18   Link #39
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Perhaps for Miyazaki movies, you could start with Spirited Away. Miyazaki did say that the film is "For the people who used to be 10 years old, and the people who are going to be 10 years old.". Your cousin is 10, so she is just about the right age?

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 17:58   Link #40
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

To-Love-Ru
Needless
KissxSis

These have ecchi. Thanks for telling me. I was just going to watch it. You saved me from seeing all that. ugh.....