AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-01, 12:02   Link #21
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
No! I want Chopper to be the hero!
Old 2012-08-01, 12:15   Link #22
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
No! I want Chopper to be the hero!
Ala Chopperman style!?

I can dig that, he is after all the most deadly effective super hero ever

Some interesting points like the DF but the weirdest thing was Luffy being the one that was serious about their situation, now that is a surprise
Guess he has grown up abit after all, altho isn't quite the same without Luffy not being serious when in dire straits.
Old 2012-08-01, 13:02   Link #23
caleo_tay

so here's my hypothesis , the nearest base fruit to the death of a DF user will turn into a devil fruit , with is consistent with any event , so maybe that how shanks know that the very first fruit we saw in the manga was a gomu gomu no mi, which maybe in Gol D. Roger's crew or maybe gol d roger himself is a gomu gomu no mi user died and shanks have it , and also consistent with how black beard may bring a fruit under the black cloth of white beard after WB died and then ate it after the fruit turns into the gura gura no mi (which may prove that every human can have more than one power but one logia and Paramecia-type as its stated by Oda said that the scond fruit would replace the first one but in the manga it's stated different, blueno says that grand line scientist dicovered that if you ate 2 your body would explode without leaving a trace and vegapunk and blueno may have lied.)
Old 2012-08-01, 13:17   Link #24
caleo_tay

and to the rumour that says black beard body is special , is maybe MOST PROBABLY because of the name "D", people with D maybe can have more than one devil fruit,, marshal D teach , monkey D luffy , gol D roger
Old 2012-08-01, 14:27   Link #25
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleo_tay View Post
so here's my hypothesis , the nearest base fruit to the death of a DF user will turn into a devil fruit , with is consistent with any event , so maybe that how shanks know that the very first fruit we saw in the manga was a gomu gomu no mi, which maybe in Gol D. Roger's crew or maybe gol d roger himself is a gomu gomu no mi user died and shanks have it , and also consistent with how black beard may bring a fruit under the black cloth of white beard after WB died and then ate it after the fruit turns into the gura gura no mi (which may prove that every human can have more than one power but one logia and Paramecia-type as its stated by Oda said that the scond fruit would replace the first one but in the manga it's stated different, blueno says that grand line scientist dicovered that if you ate 2 your body would explode without leaving a trace and vegapunk and blueno may have lied.)
I highly doubt that Gol D.Roger had a gomu gomu no mi fruit,if I'm not mistaken during the Whitebeard flashback he was carrying a sword.

Whitebeared also had a spear of some sort,even though his ability is physical,but the way he used it fit the style,i just can't picture Roger combining gomu gomu fruit and a sword.

Besides,i assume Rayleigh would have pointed that out,that Luffy ate the same devil fruit as Gol.D Roger.
Also frankly i don't want to see Luffy having the same ability as the previous Pirate King,they have enough similarities already.
Old 2012-08-01, 22:44   Link #26
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
I wonder if that person with the tophat was rob lucci. I woudnt mind to see him again in the future.
Old 2012-08-01, 23:28   Link #27
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So looking at the whole Devil Fruit respawning thing... it pretty much explains Blackbeard picking up Whitebeard's power. Assuming he knows this, he could've easily been the only one carrying fruit with him at Marineford when Whitebeard died. It also kinda explains how he's been killing off people in the New World and taking their Devil Fruits. That way he can easily give his crew the better Devil Fruit powers.

Course, I think someone may have already said this already~
Old 2012-08-02, 06:37   Link #28
golgo13

Nice chapter. A lot of the conclusions I came to were mentioned already.

Would be interesting to know whether CC made sure the apples were left for smiley to populate, or salamander devil fruit power to find suitable host. OR the power was transferred to an arbitrary fruit.

Sounds like either Franky or Law's allies (crew?) will help them bust out of the cage and start fighting back. Suspect Law threw the note to chopper since he knows he is there. What is nice about this situation is that it is obvious why Law will switch the hearts back fro Smoker/Tashigi since they are kind of allies for now.

What about the "someone" underneath the candy?
Old 2012-08-02, 09:41   Link #29
marvelB

You know, I still find it a little odd that after all this time, we've still yet to see or hear any sign whatsoever of Momonosuke (Kinemon's son, that is). I mean, he apparently wasn't shown to be among the giant crackbabies, nor have we had any other indication that he was somewhere around the island. Now I'm starting to wonder if the kid was already somehow caught up in another of CC's vile experiments and has mutated into some new, grotesque creature (sorta like those artificial dragons that Vegapunk created, for instance)......?
Old 2012-08-02, 09:55   Link #30
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleo_tay View Post
and to the rumour that says black beard body is special , is maybe MOST PROBABLY because of the name "D", people with D maybe can have more than one devil fruit,, marshal D teach , monkey D luffy , gol D roger
D for Double?
Old 2012-08-02, 12:24   Link #31
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 676
That was a good chapter. Oda is finally done fleshing out the story and now were are going to see some action in the next chapter. I am curious to see who through that note to Chopper. Was it one of the guys in the cage or was it one of the three standing outside the cage?

Devil Fruit Mystery and Certain events
The apple turning into the Devil fruit was the best part of this chapter. This has given us more insight on the one piece universe and Oda is final pulling the curtain back on the Devil fruit. Some of the people on this forum have mentioned about the devil fruit power going to the fruit and Black Beard. Does that mean Shinokuni is dead when he changed into gas form? Because when Black Beard retrieved the devil fruit from White Beard he already passed away. This will really change the way we look at the war. Any and everyone's fruit is easily obtainable and the power of balance can shift easily in favor of the other side. Second does the WG know about this? Black Beard's crew covered up both White Beard and Black Beard when he stole the devil fruit. And you only hide things when you don't want your enemy to know. What happened to Ace's powers at MarineFord? Did someone collect his powers? If so who did? Did a lot of the devil fruits that came from the WG come from former devil fruit users? This is like a huge power struggle and Devil fruits are at the center of it. I wonder if Marko or Shanks has Ace's powers? Shanks did request Ace's body for burial. I wonder how many other Yonkous or top players know about this little trick? It will also have a huge influence on how the war goes and were it is heading. Black Beard is reinforcing his crew with powerful Devil fruits. But what is his end game? Life is a two way street and If Black Beard is doing this who else is doing this?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-08-02 at 13:06.
Old 2012-08-02, 13:16   Link #32
Kona
Banned

The DF part was the most interesting. It came out of nowhere. Wonder what kind of df is it because slimey ate it.
Old 2012-08-02, 13:33   Link #33
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
D for Double?
He's certainly big enough...

---

Forgot to mention this earlier, but Oda hit it out of the ballpark again with his recent colour insert. Fun colours, good designs, and Nami in a bath (she's certainly getting more voyeuristic as she ages). Good times.
Old 2012-08-02, 16:09   Link #34
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
You know, I still find it a little odd that after all this time, we've still yet to see or hear any sign whatsoever of Momonosuke (Kinemon's son, that is). I mean, he apparently wasn't shown to be among the giant crackbabies, nor have we had any other indication that he was somewhere around the island. Now I'm starting to wonder if the kid was already somehow caught up in another of CC's vile experiments and has mutated into some new, grotesque creature (sorta like those artificial dragons that Vegapunk created, for instance)......?
Ya and what about the frozen prisoners!

Did Blackbeard have a fruit in his pocket when he walked under the tarp with Whitebeard??
Old 2012-08-02, 22:37   Link #35
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Ya and what about the frozen prisoners!

Did Blackbeard have a fruit in his pocket when he walked under the tarp with Whitebeard??
.... hasn't Doc Q been known to carry apples around with him?
Old 2012-08-03, 00:31   Link #36
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

What if Law can still use some of his power ( partially or fully) because his heart is not under the effect of the sea stone?

There are other possible theories and stuff but i thought to mention this too .
Old 2012-08-03, 22:38   Link #37
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
.... hasn't Doc Q been known to carry apples around with him?
he has...

What happens when a DF user dies and there is no fruit nearby. Does one just grow? I always thought there was some connection between DFs and seakings. I remember early on seeing something like DFs came from the ocean, does anyone remember that?
Old 2012-08-03, 22:55   Link #38
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
he has...

What happens when a DF user dies and there is no fruit nearby. Does one just grow? I always thought there was some connection between DFs and seakings. I remember early on seeing something like DFs came from the ocean, does anyone remember that?

Well, I'd assume it'd still turn the closest fruit into a Devil Fruit, even if that's islands away~
Old 2012-08-03, 23:07   Link #39
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Question . If Smiley had a devil fruit how did it survive in water?

Could maybe some devil fruit users stay in water unharmed? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axolotl

And lastly wouldn't this fruit be perfect for Usopp ?

It seems to me to be decent for a Sogeking like Usopp.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Sara_...Model:_Axolotl
Old 2012-08-03, 23:10   Link #40
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, I'd assume it'd still turn the closest fruit into a Devil Fruit, even if that's islands away~
not a bad thought. the idea that the DF can travel over long distances opens up some questions..
Closed Thread