AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-29, 15:47   Link #1
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Recommendation*

Yes I want a manga that likes Girl traps in boys body or boy traps in girls body or boy has to become a girl or girl has to become a boy kind of manga. Yes i know its confusing but somehow i have devloped a liking for these kind of manga. Some kinda make are like My barbaric Girlfriend,Hanakimi, or Pretty face. If anyone knows any type of these manga please tell me

Edit:Ok now i need some romance manga that has more then 5 volumes in it. Doesnt have to be gender bender...

Last edited by garra113; 2006-10-20 at 20:44.
Old 2006-08-29, 16:18   Link #2
jedinat

I was into sorta the same kinda manga for a while...

W-Juliet - boyish girl and crossdressing guy
Kakumei no Hi - boy finds out she really is a girl at 15...hilarious
Never Give Up! - the guy is girly looking and the girl is the "prince" type
Vanilla Ice - same as above
Power!! - very similar to Hana-Kimi
Hot Blooded Woman - body switching... but with two girls, one who is a feared fighter, the other who is the elegant beauty type (actually the fighter girl is the only one who switches...at first...well, you'll see if you read it)
Old 2006-08-29, 16:19   Link #3
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

You can try Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~. It's licensed, so you'll want to buy it, but it might be of interest to you.

=^.^=
Old 2006-08-29, 16:24   Link #4
fto
Anime Forever

isnt that the anime??? cause garra is looking for manga.. but well if there is a manga fogive me for that.
Old 2006-08-29, 16:26   Link #5
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fto
isnt that the anime??? cause garra is looking for manga.. but well if there is a manga fogive me for that.
There's a manga too...as there are for many many anime...and just so the OP knows, it's a lesbian manga ^^
Old 2006-08-29, 19:36   Link #6
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

I don't really mind at all. But i dont mind yaoi lol. Just keep the manga comming please Oh yea If thats all you guys know now im looking for really long romance manga. As you can see many romance manga is 1-3 volumes long. Do you guys know any captivating manga thats more then 4volumes?
Old 2006-08-30, 07:55   Link #7
miaka

may be you might be looking for the very classic Ranma 1/2.
Akane-chan Overdrive - a boy spirit trapped in a girl's body... its a little echi comedy ( same author with Ichigo 100%)
Cinderella Boy - girl pretend to be a boy in a boy band group.
Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden - theres a star warrior who is a boy can change into a girl.
Old 2006-08-30, 09:43   Link #8
Ruemint

There's also Cheeky Angel (Tenshi na Konamaiki) about a boy turned into a girl by magic.
Old 2006-09-01, 00:57   Link #9
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Thanks for all the recommendations. Now if you people got more I like to know please
Old 2006-09-01, 01:22   Link #10
jedinat

Well, there is Basara... I stopped reading it because I didn't like how the romance was going

Ah, there's also Angel Sanctuary. The main character finds himself in a girl's body for quite a while... actually there's alot of body switching going on throughout.

I read the first couple chapters of the Mai Otome manga, and it seemed completely different from the anime. It started out from the perspective of a boy entering the academy disguised as a girl... I'm not sure if the story continues to follow him after the first few chapters.

Hmm... and there was a manga where I think a shinigami ends up in a high school girl's body, and she in a skeleton... I'll post it here if I can remember, or if anyone knows which I'm talking about, they can.

Last edited by jedinat; 2006-09-01 at 02:20.
Old 2006-09-01, 01:42   Link #11
domino
デレデレ

I highly recommend Basara. It's about a girl posing as her twin brother to lead an army against oppressive rulers. It's a 28-volume epic (and 13 episode anime that doesn't do the manga justice) and one of the best stories I have ever read. Don't be like I was and avoid it because of the art... trust me, you will get used to the style. It's quite beautiful but takes awhile to appreciate. I avoided it for a long time since I didn't like the cover art of volume 1, but after months of hearing how good it was, I finally bought it and was not disappointed.

Otogo Zoshi is another war tale, but I haven't seen much of it. It's less shoujo-y and romantic than Basara, but is also about a girl pretending to be her brother so she can fight. Comes in anime or manga form.

And in case you haven't watched what is (in my opinion) the best anime of the year, you should definately check out Ouran High School Host Club, which is about a club at a rich school formed to entertain and please the school's girls with beautiful men. The catch is that one of the club's most popular men isn't a man at all... but is unfortunately stuck there to repay a debt. (this one comes in a manga, too, of course!)

This is one of my favorite genres... HanaKimi is such a good manga.
Old 2006-09-01, 10:58   Link #12
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think Princess Princess would fit that requirement. I'm not sure, though.
Old 2006-09-01, 16:23   Link #13
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113
Oh yea If thats all you guys know now im looking for really long romance manga. As you can see many romance manga is 1-3 volumes long. Do you guys know any captivating manga thats more then 4volumes?
I didn't see this request ^^

Some long romance:
Princess - epic romance manga, 25 volumes and counting... very addictive
Kare Kano - 21 volumes
Mars - one of my favorites, 15 volumes
Akuma de Sourou - 11
Goong - 12, ongoing
Emma - 7

And Hot Blooded Woman I mentioned earlier is 24 volumes...
Old 2006-09-02, 09:27   Link #14
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Ok thanks for all the suggestions guys. But now since i almost finish all the manga I need more recommendations... Remember if anyone knows any manga that has a plot where a boy becomes girl or girl becomes boy or girl traps in boy body or boy trap in girl body please tell me I have devolped a real liking to these kinds of story plots.
Old 2006-09-02, 20:56   Link #15
the_ultimate_samurai
kyuukyouku samurai.

gara: try ranma 1/2...not big romance wise but pretty funny. main character fell in a cursed spring and turns into a girl every time he is splashed with cold water...warm water reverses it.
Old 2006-09-03, 14:34   Link #16
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Yea ranma1/2 is good but thats already listed. Does anyone know any good manga thats also shows the sames plot as listed above or any transgender manga?
Old 2006-09-03, 15:09   Link #17
jedinat

Family Compo - dunno if this is what your looking for... (crossdressing, gender role switching...)
Ichigo Channel - girl-pretends-to-be-a-boy idol manga... there are alot of these
Minto na Bokura - boy crossdresses as girl to get into his twin sister's school...
Operation Liberate Men - this one might interest you, I only read a bit of it a long time ago...
Old 2006-09-03, 15:21   Link #18
MamoruUsagi

For the other request, really long and wonderful romance manga

Fushigi Yugi - 18 volumes

Peach Girl - 18 volumes

Sailor Moon - 18 volumes I love Tuxedo Mask

Kare First Love - 10 volumes

Ceres - 14 volumes

Mars - 15 volumes

The Devil Does Exist - 11 Volumes

Wild Act - 10 volumes

High School Debut - 13 volumes

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-08-08 at 21:23.
Old 2006-09-05, 15:49   Link #19
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Well thanks for the long one but still want more of the transgender manga. or you can introduce me to manwha too. Keep them coming please
Old 2006-09-05, 16:13   Link #20
jedinat

Ningyo Ouji - one-shot, where the guy switches between being a girl and guy... and the girl likes both ^^
Pump Up! - short manga, girly guy and not so girly girl (I'm not really sure if you like these types, if you tell me so I'll stop recommending them)
Closed Thread