AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 04:51   Link #1481
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Yup Shadowmere is the best with Frost being second, dunno how the unicorn is though.
Old 2011-12-06, 05:07   Link #1482
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Ok so, I play Skyrim on the 360 (for now at least XD) so I don't have the luxury of fancy mods and the like. What's the best looking heavy armor on a male in everyone's opinion?
IMO, Blades armor looks the nicest but its not as functional (as in high in armor) than a lot of the high end stuff. The blades weapon (a katana) is also quite nice and looks more interesting than the more common nordic sword styles. Other than that, i always find the glass amor looks interesting and not as blocky as dwarven armor nor as evil as dedric or gloomy as ebony or primitive looking as dragonbone. Too bad it sucks at higher levels
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 05:19   Link #1483
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Problem is... not every character I design wants to look like a "Transformer" armorbot ... I'm working on a ranger type that is trying to stick with furs, hide, leather - a sort of wild look. We'll see how long that lasts :P
Old 2011-12-06, 05:35   Link #1484
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

You know, now that I think about it, heavy armour is no good for an archer. I don't get hit often enough to justify the damage reflection perk. The avoidance perk is better

I guess the issue is that unless I am willing to wear dragon mail, I would have to go for extra smithing perks in order to get max damage cap for my light armour. Can't give up the heavy armour smithing because I still need the weapon upgrades.
Old 2011-12-06, 05:57   Link #1485
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

The ability to perk reset without mods would be fantastic. Hell, make it a once-off quest or something, but I think everyone's first character would greatly appreciate it XD
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 06:59   Link #1486
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
The ability to perk reset without mods would be fantastic. Hell, make it a once-off quest or something, but I think everyone's first character would greatly appreciate it XD
Nah, the permanent perk is the only restriction they gave you for the entire game. And anyway it is too much to smith powerful armour/weapon only to respec the Smithing perk once you don't need it anymore. It is precisely because we have the crafting perks that we can't have respecing. Many of the perks are only useful for a short time, so they need to be fixed to be a real cost to the player.
Old 2011-12-06, 07:09   Link #1487
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You know, now that I think about it, heavy armour is no good for an archer. I don't get hit often enough to justify the damage reflection perk. The avoidance perk is better
Uh, what made you think it would get along in the first place?

I thought it's already an RPG common sense that archers have low armor but high agility and consequently wears lighter armor.
Old 2011-12-06, 07:16   Link #1488
Aqua Knight

Wearing heavy armor really slows down the movespeed and makes my sneak footsteps louder?

Also if I carry 100/400 and 380/400 is my movespeed different?
Old 2011-12-06, 07:38   Link #1489
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Uh, what made you think it would get along in the first place?

I thought it's already an RPG common sense that archers have low armor but high agility and consequently wears lighter armor.
I wanted to save perks. I need heavy smithing for the best bow in the game. So if I wear heavy I can avoid light armour smithing all together.
Old 2011-12-06, 08:28   Link #1490
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I went with heavy armor since I'm usually stationary when I'm using the bow. And attacking from some hard to reach location.
Also I like heavy armor appeal more than light armor (unless it's the hide/leather or furry stuff) which is a tad too squishy in the early game.

I wish someone makes a mod that adds or replaces the dragonplate/scate armor in meshes, textures, stats and ingredients. And make it that the full set allows 85% or 90% damage reduction

Like say 3 Malachite + 5 Ebony + 10 Dragon Bones + 10 dragon Scales + 10 dragon souls for a dragonplate armor
2 malachite + 4 ebony + 5 bones + 5 scales + 7 souls for a dragonplate helm

I have 98 dragon souls on my main character and over 50 on the other two =__=" Dragons occur way too often and their bones and soul are sooo useless.

/daydream

How do you enchant an equipment with +25% Fortify? I tried Enchanter's elixir + lv100 Enchanting and then grand soul from grand gem/black star/black gem and then Fortify Alchemy + Smithing. But they both came out +22%. Yet I picked up gears with +25%
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 08:47   Link #1491
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I went with heavy armor since I'm usually stationary when I'm using the bow. And attacking from some hard to reach location.
Also I like heavy armor appeal more than light armor (unless it's the hide/leather or furry stuff) which is a tad too squishy in the early game.

I wish someone makes a mod that adds or replaces the dragonplate/scate armor in meshes, textures, stats and ingredients. And make it that the full set allows 85% or 90% damage reduction

Like say 3 Malachite + 5 Ebony + 10 Dragon Bones + 10 dragon Scales + 10 dragon souls for a dragonplate armor
2 malachite + 4 ebony + 5 bones + 5 scales + 7 souls for a dragonplate helm

I have 98 dragon souls on my main character and over 50 on the other two =__=" Dragons occur way too often and their bones and soul are sooo useless.

/daydream

How do you enchant an equipment with +25% Fortify? I tried Enchanter's elixir + lv100 Enchanting and then grand soul from grand gem/black star/black gem and then Fortify Alchemy + Smithing. But they both came out +22%. Yet I picked up gears with +25%
1. You can get more damage protection by going light armour. As I say, the avoidance perk is like an extra couple of armour points. It's like spell absorption for magic resistance.

2. You need to make 32% enchanting boosting potion. You can't depend on store-bought potions, you need to make your own. Then you can make 32% fortify Alchemy/Smithing gear and go from there.
Old 2011-12-06, 08:52   Link #1492
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:

I guess the issue is that unless I am willing to wear dragon mail, I would have to go for extra smithing perks in order to get max damage cap for my light armour. Can't give up the heavy armour smithing because I still need the weapon upgrades.
Played archer with dual daggers (planned to turn to dual sword soon, as later on bow are more than good enough to replace dagger when sneaking). And i simply can't level up my light armour, because the opponents rarely reach me, even on Master difficulty. I think i got half the game quests done, while only level up light armour 10 times (from 65 to current 75)

It's truth that the game seems to get easier as you progress, which probably make our playings meaningful in the first place. Try to reroll a new character today, and even when i crafted (Epic) orcish armours+ dwaven weapons early (only lvl 12 when got them all), the game is still super hard on Master. Melee Bandit Boss or Highwayman are pretty much impossible to beat alone
Old 2011-12-06, 08:58   Link #1493
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Played archer with dual daggers (planned to turn to dual sword soon, as later on bow are more than good enough to replace dagger when sneaking). And i simply can't level up my light armour, because the opponents rarely reach me, even on Master difficulty. I think i got half the game quests done, while only level up light armour 10 times (from 65 to current 75)
Oh, there is no normal way to level armour unless you are a melee class. You are stuck with crafting 0 magika Restoration gear, dual cast healinng and hold the button down, and let a wolf chew on you overnight. You simply can't level up your light armour in normal play if you are a proper ranged fighter.

(if you do this, make sure to wear half heavy half light. So you train both skills for the exp.)

Letting a giant hit you a few times if you want to level up more legit.
Old 2011-12-06, 09:04   Link #1494
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
2. You need to make 32% enchanting boosting potion. You can't depend on store-bought potions, you need to make your own. Then you can make 32% fortify Alchemy/Smithing gear and go from there.
Whaa. I tried potions but the ones I make are complete crap It was something like 18% or something lol. Is there some major thing I'm missing?

Was wearing the 4 pieces of armor that give +22% alchemy each. Have 100 alchemy, and I use Blue Butterfly wings + Snowberries for Enchant Potion. I think it was bb wings and snowberries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
and let a wolf chew on you overnight.
This should be in the unofficial fetish thread

Has anyone ever walked by a field of bushes IRL and thought of skyrim shrubs? T__T"
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:17   Link #1495
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Whaa. I tried potions but the ones I make are complete crap It was something like 18% or something lol. Is there some major thing I'm missing?

Was wearing the 4 pieces of armor that give +22% alchemy each. Have 100 alchemy, and I use Blue Butterfly wings + Snowberries for Enchant Potion. I think it was bb wings and snowberries.
You got the Benefactor perk and ALL 5 levels of Alchemist perks? Need all of them for the best potions.
Old 2011-12-06, 09:18   Link #1496
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Oh, there is no normal way to level armour unless you are a melee class. You are stuck with crafting 0 magika Restoration gear, dual cast healinng and hold the button down, and let a wolf chew on you overnight. You simply can't level up your light armour in normal play if you are a proper ranged fighter.

(if you do this, make sure to wear half heavy half light. So you train both skills for the exp.)

Letting a giant hit you a few times if you want to level up more legit.
Not desperate enough for this, unless the final boss is incredibly powerful that you can't beat without 100 light armor

The best shout for me is still the "detect life"-like whisper. Perfect for sneaking and range class

Oh wait,something i have only seen first time today, when made a new character. I was running outside the town at night, when I saw a ghost-like horse rider, being chased by a saber cat. Anyone knows what is that ghost doing? He was on horse and i couldn't catch up to him, but he glowed in the dark
Old 2011-12-06, 09:23   Link #1497
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Oh wait,something i have only seen first time today, when made a new character. I was running outside the town at night, when I saw a ghost-like horse rider, being chased by a saber cat. Anyone knows what is that ghost doing? He was on horse and i couldn't catch up to him, but he glowed in the dark
The ghost is invincible and you can't talk to him. What you are suppose to do is to follow him, likely on a horse yourself, until
Spoiler for quest spoiler:

You can't actually get to the destination on your own in the hopes of getting rewarded. You have to follow him to the destination for the full reward.
Old 2011-12-06, 09:30   Link #1498
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
The ghost is invincible and you can't talk to him. What you are suppose to do is to follow him, likely on a horse yourself, until
Spoiler for quest spoiler:

You can't actually get to the destination on your own in the hopes of getting rewarded. You have to follow him to the destination for the full reward.
I saw him only once before, so i guess he only appear strictly in that locations?

But anyway, i found hilarious that Skyrim popped up 2 new memes that the internet can't be any more overjoyed. Both from the guards as well.
  • I used to _____________(e.g like young girls, love playing Halo...), until i got an arrow to the knee.
  • My sister/cousin/ brother is out ________________(e.g getting girl, partying all night) , and what i got. Guard duty.

There's probably more, but only these 2 stands out
Old 2011-12-06, 09:38   Link #1499
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Guards in cities are scared stiff of dragons and taking arrows to the knee. Yet if they step outside the city for five minutes they are more likely to be attacked and savaged by a sabre cat. Those things were the bane of my early level existence along with some Falmer and the poison bugs (chaurus?)

Now it's only mages/haxor dragons that give me any reason to consider dropping down to Expert XD

@Paranoid Android; No but it's been snowing here in the UK, creating quite a Skyrim-esque feel about the place. Only it's actual snow, not grainy/pixely snow and I haven't seen anyone wearing any Forsworn outfits yet.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:41   Link #1500
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I saw him only once before, so i guess he only appear strictly in that locations?

But anyway, i found hilarious that Skyrim popped up 2 new memes that the internet can't be any more overjoyed. Both from the guards as well.
  • I used to _____________(e.g like young girls, love playing Halo...), until i got an arrow to the knee.
  • My sister/cousin/ brother is out ________________(e.g getting girl, partying all night) , and what i got. Guard duty.

There's probably more, but only these 2 stands out
There's also 'CURVED SWORDS' and 'Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll?'

But of all my favourite is still FUS RO DAH, the rest are getting a bit stale.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim