AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2019-11-29, 15:36   Link #121
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I love how whenever it shows up the Seltsam gives not a single ****, just goes straight to the beat down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And Seltsam's pilot continues being cool by kicking ass without uttering a single word, though he'd probably say something next episode, but I'd rather he doesn't.
what if the pilot is a girl
Old 2019-11-29, 20:16   Link #122
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I still can't accept Merkurone being underwatter Gundam. It should have been Neptuneight. How the hell did Hiroto decided so arbitrary...
Some people brought up that Planet Mercury is somehow related to water in its Japanese name (suigin, water-star or something). That's why some popular media draw a relation between Mercury & water. For example, Sailor Mercury in Sailormoon has water/mist-based attacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassGSnewtype View Post
what if the pilot is a girl
Well, that'll be......interesting. Maybe she can be like Four, but less talky.
Old 2019-11-29, 23:59   Link #123
Tenzen12

That's pretty cool, I guess? It certainly make sense at least. Thank you.
Old 2019-12-05, 09:29   Link #124
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Pretty intense fight between May & Seltsam even though the animation is not necessarily jaw-dropping but the thrill is at max. I'm glad that Seltsam's pilot still doesn't talk. He feels more badass that way. Still, he went away after his name is exposed, and the show is being self-aware of the trope and had May asking why Seltsam retreated when he still had the advantage.

So, Hiro is an Ex-Avalon member who partook in the last battle of GBN. I wonder what was his stance at the time. Did he really agree to wipe out El-Divers? Also, now we have 87 El-Divers? Seltsam pilot is an El-Diver too? May is friends with Sarah & the rest of BD gang? And we'll go to space next episode? More & more interesting points are brought up in this episode and I like it.

Oh and it's a nice breather episode giving room for all the furry-folks to shine a little bit.
Old 2019-12-05, 09:44   Link #125
Tenzen12

I don't know if they are necessarily friends , but I wouldn't be surprised if Sarah and others were in charge newly found EL-divers in general and were tasked hellping them aclimatise to real world (which of course might lead to them indeed becomming friends).

Original GBD wasn't really good with this premise, but RR really build on it magnificiently nontheless. It certainly make sense there would be more of them and that they are getting actually physically cut off of server is very nice touch as it means they are unlikely die in game as long as their "real" body is alright, making them effectively equal to meatbacks.

In the end I have to wonder what is this beastmen race. Did whole world come to exist in same manners as human shaped ED? Is this experiment create artificial life... well artificially (that would fit with "creators" narrative I guess)? Why they look different?

All that said RR has enough stakes even without this "injury in game => injury in RL" shenanigans. I find it bit stupid, especially for actual flash and blood humans.
Old 2019-12-06, 00:44   Link #126
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
All that said RR has enough stakes even without this "injury in game => injury in RL" shenanigans. I find it bit stupid, especially for actual flash and blood humans.
Maybe the "Story Mode" transported them to a real world where they can get hurt or even die.

Also, here's more fun reviews:

YouTube
YouTube
Old 2019-12-06, 00:57   Link #127
Tenzen12

First Buld Fighters did play with some isekai themes, so I guess it's not completely impossible. Still sound like terrible idea.
Old 2019-12-12, 10:00   Link #128
zerodragon

Episode 11:

..... thanks kazami, you have completely FUCK over all those people and their blood will be on your HANDS!!!!!! there is no way for him to redeem himself for me after this episode since the preview paints a grim outcome.
Old 2019-12-12, 11:43   Link #129
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Great suspense, good buildup and, dare I say, a legit hype for the final(?) battle. The secret base hidden on the moon which managed by a transcendental-esque figure really reminds me of the climax in Gundam X where all the warring factions encountered a supposed "ultimate newtype" to give them the ultimate answer. Music is also very good this episode, especially towards the end.

That said, Kazami really made me facepalm here. Why did you give vital information of your armed forces to an individual who is most likely a final boss? My guess is that due to the "Dr. Manhattan"-like boss (Purple-tan?) speaking gibberish & vague words which going nowhere, Kaz became impatient and just gave any information that the boss asked him to get the "battle" start sooner. Big mistake, Kazami. You fucked up just like Saji Crossroads did in 00 where gave vital information to the A-Laws which triggered a slaughter.

And RIP to the furry folks who (most likely) will be obliterated by the satellite cannon.

Still a very good episode and kept the streak going where I can't wait to see the next one. Next Thursday couldn't come soon enough.
Old 2019-12-13, 00:09   Link #130
silenceblade

Re:Rise is so much more intense than the GBD. The main characters are old and there is blood. It is surprising that the sequel was made to be more mature from that childish show.

Do you think they will have a new team name later on? If they were to met the real build diver it would be awkward.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-13, 06:26   Link #131
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
Do you think they will have a new team name later on? If they were to met the real build diver it would be awkward.
Well, first, we have to know whether previous teams like BD & Avalon are still up & running or not. From what I can remember, some characters in RR have referred to them in past tense.

I surely want to meet Kyoya, Tigerwolf & Rommel again. Hopefully without them being relegated to Riku-worshippers.
Old 2019-12-13, 09:09   Link #132
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I surely want to meet Kyoya, Tigerwolf & Rommel again. Hopefully without them being relegated to Riku-worshippers.
For me, having Kyoya and Rommel back, even for just an episode, would be nice. Especially Rommel. Who knows, maybe he's really the man behind Captain Zeon (VA link)

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-13, 15:46   Link #133
silenceblade

I like the battle now better. The Gunpla in the old series had too much special abilities. This cause a lack in strategy during the battle. What was the point of selecting weapons if the Gunpla has several of the most powerful equipment?

I know it was designed for younger children but that ate away the Gundam element.
Old 2019-12-19, 06:38   Link #134
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

This episode is very tense damn. Didn't expect they just loss like that.

Compare this to Divers is like reverse Zeta to ZZ

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-19, 07:17   Link #135
Tenzen12

That was pretty hardcore. I think there is good chance there is back up for that world but still stakes RR are completelly different then others works of Build franchise. On brighter side it seems we are getting mini May next time, hopefully that can uplift mood a little.

Also I would assume this is biggest Gundam superweapon to date isn't it? I mean it's the moon.
Old 2019-12-19, 10:42   Link #136
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Holy mother......holy cow............holy shiiieettt!!!
GBD RR is on fire right now!

This episode has almost everything that I wanted from a good Gundam, not just good Build series:
  • It has protags that I care about and each one of them did their parts.
  • It has competent antags that are “less talk, more action”.
  • The thrill & suspense are through the roof.
  • It has stakes so high that it rivals real Gundam shows.
  • It has stunning fight choreography, “cinematography” & action direction in general.
  • It has great handdrawn mecha-battle animation like we previously seen in the best Build episodes.
  • It has many original & new sound-FX that give this fresh feeling during the battle.
  • The BGM is so spot on.
  • The freakin’ battle ended in both mass genocide by WMD and atmospheric re-entry. How epic is that?!
  • There’s even a good nostalgia bit where Core Gundam used the atmospheric film from MSG.
  • The emotional parts after the re-entry really hit me due to the side characters being likable so far.
  • And there’s even more mystery at the end of the episode that makes me even more curious.

It’s safe to say that RR has impressed me throughout this first cour. I hope they can maintain this energy in the next cour. That alone will make me happy but even more so if they can do better.

Last but not least: RIP furry folks. You just got Saji’d by Kazami like I said last week.

Since nobody posted the video yet, here ya go:

YouTube

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2019-12-19 at 11:03.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-19, 12:24   Link #137
zerodragon

it was as dark as i imagined, like i say last week, Kazami has a lot of blood on his hand. him see how they realize that it not a game anymore was great, his face was priceless when he understood the gravity of what was going on.

well we understand the title re-rise now since they need to re-rise themselves now after this event. also i look forward to understanding more about why the real world got shut down.

i am the only one thinks we getting a time jump in that other world and months/years have past since they left?
Old 2019-12-19, 12:33   Link #138
BluePhirePB

Wow, totally did not expect that. Great ep!

Also, looks like he's Gundam Build Diving into an anus:

BluePhirePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-19, 12:54   Link #139
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

This is getting bad, what ever this is connected to it's bigger then just what happened in GBN last time.
Old 2019-12-19, 20:22   Link #140
silenceblade

The battle system is a little hard to understand. Hiroto's Core Gundam is allowed to have two support mecha. Well, May and Par's Gundams also have many abilities.

What is the benefit of "normal" Gundam like Kazami's Justice Knight? Unlike the Seltsam, which is overpowered, Justice Knight doesn't seem to offer any real advantage.