AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2020-08-06, 12:10   Link #261
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

As usual, Magee-nee provides the highest level of support anyone could ever ask for

While folks would want to see a 00 Sky vs Core Gundam showdown, imho Hiroto going against his ex-captain would be a more fun (and useful) scenario. Despite all the glamour around Riku, he couldn't have defeated Kyoya without Ogre's help (and even then it's argued that Kyoya had really gone easy on him), a clear indicator who's more suitable candidate for the "Last Boss" position.

But more importantly, has anyone found Patrick in this episode?

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-06, 15:30   Link #262
silenceblade

Avalon is the 1st ranked force even without Hiroto. Based on ep.20, Hiroto should have been among the strongest members of the force.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-07, 23:59   Link #263
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
As usual, Magee-nee provides the highest level of support anyone could ever ask for

While folks would want to see a 00 Sky vs Core Gundam showdown, imho Hiroto going against his ex-captain would be a more fun (and useful) scenario. Despite all the glamour around Riku, he couldn't have defeated Kyoya without Ogre's help (and even then it's argued that Kyoya had really gone easy on him), a clear indicator who's more suitable candidate for the "Last Boss" position.

But more importantly, has anyone found Patrick in this episode?
Patrick was shown on that social media feed giving suppport for a training mission. apparently he looks like Trowa. if its not his pic then its likely in text form only.

onto more important matters: Ayame is back, atleaast for a bit. i havent taken the time to build my Ayame just yet, figuring out the eyelash decals is something to contemplate to avoid scrapping the decals
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 15:36   Link #264
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

ReRise has come a long way to the point where I'm confident that Riku's presence next episode will not ruin the show, thanks to the writer. At most, it will probably put a dent for those who don't like Riku & Sarah (like me). ReRise is already an excellent slowburn & detailed show on its own, and we've been getting good payoff after payoff since May's EL-Diver/Mobile Doll reveal back in episode 9.

From the PV, we're gonna see Champ fighting with his card-based Gundam Age kit. What's not to like?

Also, Magee let his inner Norba Shino slip out a bit when talking to Kazami . At least Sunrise allowed him to be full-gay this time.
Old 2020-08-08, 20:52   Link #265
X207
Gamyūsa

Rerise is much better than the previous gunpla series. having them build the gunpla to have them damaged/destroyed or rendered electronically is ok but its not so much of a story line. rerise and the previous build divers were an improvement
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-08, 21:00   Link #266
Tenzen12

First Divers were downer compared to builders. Having good idea cannot compensate for lackluster execution. Reprise in other hand is indeed best of Gunpla franchise.
Old 2020-08-08, 21:26   Link #267
Galaxian

To me, Try has been the best of the "Build" series, and I liked Divers over the original GBF, while ReRise is just above Divers, but not my as large a margin as for other people.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-10, 12:16   Link #268
silenceblade

I wonder how strong the champion is compare to S-rank drivers like Hiroto or Shido? It is obvious that Hiroto was one of the strongest members of Avalon, however the champion was able to handle multiple top class drivers by himself.
Old 2020-08-13, 06:32   Link #269
Router25
World Connector. I think

New episode is out, and wow Sarah's pet have multiplied.
Also, did they just hinted that Capt. Zeon is Rommel's old avatar?
Old 2020-08-13, 07:25   Link #270
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Rommel's reaction to Kazami's zeal pretty much confirms it. Plus, they have the same VA.

This episode as a whole is a nice closure to the Riku-Hiroto plot thread.
Old 2020-08-13, 07:31   Link #271
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wow, the challenge episode is great as expected and realistic as well! DiVERS need to go through layers upon layers of GBN's high-level players & aces (including the dreaded GBD protags), and then have to face the Champion, and then have to destroy the gnarly La Vie en Crab, and none of the members are allowed to die or be sacrified, and it also has time limit? It's both realistic & impressive that Hiroto & co. beat the challenge in 40 tries. This is how you smartly write greatly-skilled protags without treating your audience like a bunch of idiots like GBD did.

So...Rommel is Captain Zeon...well, obvious VA is obvious .

Zen & Ark from the manga were animated & voiced together while doing battle! That was so awesome! Man, if only SEED can do the same with Astray

Tertium will join the DiVERS! We have our Sentai Rangers!
Old 2020-08-13, 08:22   Link #272
silenceblade

It feel anti-climaxed. It was a rehearsal but I am disappointed. The truth about Eve was weak too.
Old 2020-08-13, 08:35   Link #273
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

To be honest, I think Kyoya went slightly easy on them in that final moment, very much like how Rommel's hand, er, slipped when Kazami brought up about Captain Zeon.

On the whole, this episode was well-handled imho. The main objective of this challenge was to simulate the actual assault on the Moon base and I like how many of the defenders pointed out areas of improvement while giving the DiVERS a sturdy beating. Riku and Hiroto fighting as equals was a nice touch and it helps to show that Riku isn't really just about relying on Sarah for his victories, or at least he has grown much since then. If only the fight against Kyoya was a bit longer though. Sometimes I think the writers don't know what to do with him, what with his overwhelming prowess and all.

One thing of note about this episode is how it repeatably emphasised about the importance of prayers or, put in another way, hope and the determination to see that hope come true. It was certainly such determination that carried the team true 40 rounds of challenges

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2020-08-13 at 08:55.
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-13, 08:57   Link #274
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
It feel anti-climaxed. It was a rehearsal but I am disappointed. The truth about Eve was weak too.
I mean, what do you expect actually? The rehearsal went well and Eve's story was already explored during the double flashback episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
To be honest, I think Kyoya went slightly easy on them in that final moment, very much like how Rommel's hand, er, slipped when Kazami brought up about Captain Zeon. If only the fight against Kyoya was a bit longer though. Sometimes I think the writers don't know what to do with him, what with his overwhelming prowess and all.
Yeah, he might pull back a bit there, but DiVERS still able to block his attacks & moves.

Also, it's GBD's writer that made Champ so OP. The guy is seriously too strong for his own good that even Unicorn's writer really need to reign him in for ReRise.

Oh and, I like Ogre in this episode compared to his entire screentime in GBD.
Old 2020-08-13, 10:39   Link #275
Galaxian

Without a doubt, the best return in this episode was... The Jupitive armor.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-13, 11:05   Link #276
silenceblade

Kyoya seem too strong. No matter how skilled he is, Kyoya's gunpla isn't a boss like the Seltsam.

Despite using a High Mobility Mode type gunpla, he was able to overpower the Aegis Knight in close combat.
Old 2020-08-20, 04:30   Link #277
Router25
World Connector. I think

That's strange, no premiere for episode 25?
Old 2020-08-20, 05:27   Link #278
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

https://twitter.com/gundambd/status/1296392346402033665

Final episode got delayed

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-20, 06:04   Link #279
devilo96

Dammit....delay i just hope....today....not tomorrow..or n3xt week
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-20, 06:30   Link #280
Router25
World Connector. I think

It's gonna start in 30 minutes. Premiere is now up.
EDIT: Haha, gunpla sales gonna go zoom!

Last edited by Router25; 2020-08-20 at 07:46.
Router25 is offline   Reply With Quote