AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 20
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 46 37.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 39 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 25 20.33%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 5.69%
6 out of 10 : Average... 1 0.81%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.81%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.81%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 1 0.81%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-11-22, 23:03   Link #221
Vsin
Aldracity

Well, if we roll back to Ragnarok Online (I'd assume ALO is also inspired in part by RO) then it should be noted that a LOT of the pieces have a tendency to basically have one look. For example, every 1h Sword except Tsurugi and a few of the named ones share the exact same model. Heck, "True RO" is where items have absolutely NO impact on appearance (except silly hats).
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 11:24   Link #222
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

This is probably more of a "Blizzard" approach where each item has a different appearance, and equipment shows up on your character.

In which case it makes even more sense for everyone to look similar.

In WoW put two Tauren Warriors in Endgame gear next to eachother, and the only difference you'll see is the shape of their horns.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 18:29   Link #223
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
This is probably more of a "Blizzard" approach where each item has a different appearance, and equipment shows up on your character.

In which case it makes even more sense for everyone to look similar.

In WoW put two Tauren Warriors in Endgame gear next to eachother, and the only difference you'll see is the shape of their horns.
Except for the fact that all the leaders (ie: the highest level people) are the ones who look different.

Hmm... speculating a bit, it seems like most gear in this game can be bought from the store. The major limitations of the factions, as well as the reward for killing a leader, is purely money. Which tells me that most of the best stuff in the game is mass producible, either through crafting or NPC vendors. Or both. But not the best best stuff. Powerful monster drops must be pretty rare, and anyone but the elite of the elite is wearing best-in-slot crafted gear, which all looks the same. For their race.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 22:22   Link #224
GDB

Or it just means that stuff is bind on equip rather than bind on pickup. Of course, I still agree with the "best in slot crafted gear" idea for the random goons whose only purpose is to provide mindless dps and a meatshield.

Or the animators are lazy as shit and don't want to draw that many random unique background characters, when you consider the likes of Leafa, Reckon, Sigurd, and Sigurd's men all had unique looks, and only Sigurd would be considered elite.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 01:00   Link #225
Clarste
Human

Leafa's presumably pretty elite. Sigurd wanted her in his party as a sign of prestige, after all. I'd imagine she's one of the more famous Sylphs.
Old 2012-11-24, 01:02   Link #226
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Leafa's presumably pretty elite. Sigurd wanted her in his party as a sign of prestige, after all. I'd imagine she's one of the more famous Sylphs.
Real girls are really the "talk of a Guild" add that to their awesome skill and reputation.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 01:05   Link #227
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given the lack of computer-guided Sword Skills in ALO, Leafa, already being a trained swordswoman, would have an edge of sorts in combat, as she already knows how to use a sword with skill. Which is really reflected in her choice of weapon; a katana. That implies she's bringing her kendo experience into the game with her.
Old 2012-11-24, 03:19   Link #228
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Real girls are really the "talk of a Guild" add that to their awesome skill and reputation.
Just like in SAO. Because of their rarity, female players are considered as celebrities and therefore always become target of recruitment from some guilds as their mascot.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 16:10   Link #229
Clarste
Human

There are tons of real girls in ALO though (supposedly it's more popular with girls because of the fairies and flying and all that). Notably, both of the faction leaders at the conference were girls. And of course there's no reason to suspect they were crossplaying (or indeed any reason for the other players to assume that Leafa isn't).
Old 2012-11-24, 17:13   Link #230
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I thought this game didn't even allow for crossplaying.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 21:51   Link #231
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I thought this game didn't even allow for crossplaying.
In the anime, when Kirito was entering ALO, he was asked to select his gender. So I tend to think that the game could allow it potentially.
Old 2012-12-21, 13:21   Link #232
Ray
Garnet

That was easily the best fight in series thus far. Eugene's sword is damn badass, and slightly broken. Either way, it was cool to see two powerful fighters go at it.

The Cait Sith royal guards (at least that's what looked like to me) had claws as weapons! Anytime I see someone use claws as weapons, I get reminded of Amanarth from FFIX.

Daaaaamn, I don't care for Alicia Rue, but Sakuya, daaaaaaaamn. So hot. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Images
EP20 Lyfa gif
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
What a nice animation.
Indeed. Dat butt jiggle. <3
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 08:49   Link #233
kitten320

These guys are taking games way too seriously...

And will we ever see any useful females here?

Even Leafa is useless! She's been playing this game for months yet she still is weak and even her real life experience is of no help -_-
Old 2016-05-10, 18:53   Link #234
AnimeFangirl

Sorry if this was explained somewhere and I missed it, but where did Kirito get that humongous sack of cash he gave to the leaders? Was that all loot from killing Eugene? Carried over from SAO?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it's from SAO somehow. Maybe.

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2016-05-10 at 19:10.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 19:16   Link #235
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

I'm thinking it was Col that was carried over and converted from Sword art Online.
Old 2016-05-10, 19:31   Link #236
AnimeFangirl

Yeah, I'll buy that. The money and exp from killing the SAO final boss must have been insane.