AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-07, 18:18   Link #32781
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

^ That's a problem in most westernised counties to... or maybe just affluent countries. People, both men and women, not wanting to settle down to start a family.
Old 2014-02-07, 20:10   Link #32782
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
^ That's a problem in most westernised counties to... or maybe just affluent countries. People, both men and women, not wanting to settle down to start a family.

not with a bang but with a whimper
Old 2014-02-07, 21:32   Link #32783
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Can't watch that video yet, over my data cap so takes a week to load. QQ. edit: OK it's loaded now, that's gold, lol. love it. "I thought you were on the pill.. ...Oh that must have been brittany." "BRITTANY!?"

Austrlain birth rate - more then halved in the last 60 years.

American Birth rate - almost halved, same with the UK, Mexio has dropped by 2/3rds!!

Although, to be fair according to Google, birth rate has dropped significantly in Asia, Africa and the middle east as well. But Middle East and Africa still have double the west, and asia.

Incidentally, according to Google, Japan has been pretty stable, despite a minor drop, in comparison to the other countries, but was pretty low to begin with.
Old 2014-02-07, 21:50   Link #32784
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Then whoever said that the Japanese are going extinct is just making a storm in the teacup. We will still be getting Japanese lolis after all.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-02-08, 02:54   Link #32785
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I can't take chances. Have to be sure! Re-pop-*stab*
Old 2014-02-08, 06:07   Link #32786
Seitsuki
Onee!

That technically leaves a 50% chance for shotas. All else aside I am glad that gender equality is finally spreading.
Old 2014-02-08, 07:03   Link #32787
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I want a normal waifu.....
Old 2014-02-08, 18:59   Link #32788
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
That technically leaves a 50% chance for shotas. All else aside I am glad that gender equality is finally spreading.
You want to marry a shota? A shota marrying a shota.....does not compute!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-02-09, 07:27   Link #32789
Seitsuki
Onee!

I am extremely worried for you.
Old 2014-02-10, 11:32   Link #32790
JokerD

EU neighbours regret Swiss vote for immigration quotas

Well, Switzerland votes for immigration quotas, I wonder how it will work out for them
Old 2014-02-10, 12:41   Link #32791
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
EU neighbours regret Swiss vote for immigration quotas

Well, Switzerland votes for immigration quotas, I wonder how it will work out for them
That is real democracy minus corporations.

Immigration is often used as an excuse in developed countries for corporations and governments to keep wages "competitive" at significantly depressed level opposed to rising inflation rate. An easy way out as compared to training workers and developing innovation/entrepreneurship.

Old 2014-02-10, 14:27   Link #32792
Zakoo

You can't call this a democratic act simply because it's a vote sorry.

Also the day switzerland will suffer mass immigration it will truly be the end of the world. They exclusively take high qualified people ( 69% of the immigration I believe while it's 32% for Europe) in the pharmaceutical, agro-alimentary and chemistry industry, it's more parasiting than something else.
Old 2014-02-10, 14:34   Link #32793
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
why not??????
Old 2014-02-10, 14:42   Link #32794
Zakoo

No yes you are right it is indeed democratic, the citizens made their choice. I miss talked, what I wanted to convey is that an initiative ( direct) is by no way a proof that a country is democratic. If your country doesn't possess such a thing it doesn't make it less democratic than others.
Old 2014-02-10, 15:49   Link #32795
sneaker

Quote:
Also the day switzerland will suffer mass immigration it will truly be the end of the world.
Switzerland has and has had mass immigration. And no, not only highly qualified people. 23.3% of the people living there do not have a Swiss passport.
Old 2014-02-10, 17:01   Link #32796
Zakoo

Percentage of highly-educated persons working in a high-skilled job in Switzerland,
by origin of the diploma, 2008

Well I guess "mass immigration" is absolutely subjective and up to one's mind and view on the issue.
Old 2014-02-10, 17:28   Link #32797
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Switzerland has 28.9% of immigrant, compared to France or Germany's 11-12.
Old 2014-02-10, 20:15   Link #32798
JokerD

Quote:

Also the day switzerland will suffer mass immigration it will truly be the end of the world. They exclusively take high qualified people ( 69% of the immigration I believe while it's 32% for Europe) in the pharmaceutical, agro-alimentary and chemistry industry, it's more parasiting than something else.
Not really true, in the tourist ski towns, the immigrates take up hotel and other odd jobs.

But really, foreign labor is an ends to a means, it become problematic when the person brings the entire family over, since the rest of the family might not provide economic output for the nation.
Old 2014-02-10, 20:53   Link #32799
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
That is real democracy minus corporations.

Immigration is often used as an excuse in developed countries for corporations and governments to keep wages "competitive" at significantly depressed level opposed to rising inflation rate. An easy way out as compared to training workers and developing innovation/entrepreneurship.
But without immigration, developed countries are also much more prone to aging population problem like Japan, which in turn leads lack of economic growth downward spiral(which is what the current world economic growth is based on, it's like an advanced MLM with the whole country's citizen as member ).

I agree that quota is neccessary, but who can be neutral and qualified enough to set the right quota?
Old 2014-02-10, 21:16   Link #32800
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I agree that quota is neccessary, but who can be neutral and qualified enough to set the right quota?
That's why usually it's a group than is in charge of such decision. But then the issue is now how choose the members the group?

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international