AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2007-11-23, 03:00   Link #81
alhcitkane

OMG you guys dont know anything about Utada? I dont even like fourms but I had to sign up on this one because this is ridiculous.
"She can sing English good enough I guess" - She is a native english speaker. She grew up in new york and tokyo.
"Ok so we all agree that the guy that writes her eng songs needs to be shot right?" - She writes all her own music and lyrics. Even on her english album with the exception of 4 songs that were produced by timberland. On two of the songs I can understand you saying about the lyrics, but you obviously havent listened to the whole album if you are saying that her english music and lyrics sucks. You cannot judge her music off of one song. You guys really should only speak about the things you dont know about.
alhcitkane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 15:01   Link #82
Ichihara

^^ I love her voice.
Anyone heard her singing Boulevard of Broken Dreams yet? It's worth hearing that song sung in her style.
Ichihara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 08:03   Link #83
~Chakra-Chan~

I heard some of her songs while I´ve been playing "Kingdom Hearts" and I really like that songs ^.^
~Chakra-Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 15:18   Link #84
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhcitkane View Post
OMG you guys dont know anything about Utada? I dont even like fourms but I had to sign up on this one because this is ridiculous.
"She can sing English good enough I guess" - She is a native english speaker. She grew up in new york and tokyo.
"Ok so we all agree that the guy that writes her eng songs needs to be shot right?" - She writes all her own music and lyrics. Even on her english album with the exception of 4 songs that were produced by timberland. On two of the songs I can understand you saying about the lyrics, but you obviously havent listened to the whole album if you are saying that her english music and lyrics sucks. You cannot judge her music off of one song. You guys really should only speak about the things you dont know about.
Ok so what then what she needs to is get someone to write english songs for her. Well even if she is a native english speaker. She just doesn't feel natrual singing in English. Don't get me wrong I like Utada Hikaru just saying I like her japanese work more.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 13:55   Link #85
Kindred
It's in your reach...

to be honest so do i hmm, with exodus and kremlin dusk aside
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 15:18   Link #86
Amray

Indeed.
She is Good.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 19:11   Link #87
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Ok so what then what she needs to is get someone to write english songs for her. Well even if she is a native english speaker. She just doesn't feel natrual singing in English. Don't get me wrong I like Utada Hikaru just saying I like her japanese work more.
She does sing English pretty well, those songs were just poorly written, IMO. I've heard the supposed "good songs" on those albums, and was not at all impressed, they didn't come close to redeeming the entire album as a whole.
Old 2008-04-21, 17:26   Link #88
OMchan
オムちゃん

Just went through her new HEART STATION album which was released about a month ago. I usually don't like new songs on albums (with the exception of "This is Love" from Ultra Blue) so I wasn't really expecting much. As a result, I was pretty surprised by how much I liked "Fight the Blues" and especially "Prisoner of Love" (so catchy ).

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 22:47   Link #89
ZODDGUTS

Yikes I just saw her on smapxsmap special she really gained weight hell I didn't recognized her at first it wasn't till when she started to sing a bunch of her old songs and her latest song.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6979684p...9586657&rank=3
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 19:19   Link #90
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
She does sing English pretty well, those songs were just poorly written, IMO. I've heard the supposed "good songs" on those albums, and was not at all impressed, they didn't come close to redeeming the entire album as a whole.
I actually thought that her English songs are nicely written, especially the lyrics. It just takes a few times to get used to Hikki's weird style. When I first listened to Exodus, I was like, "ZOMG, bad album." But now, it's one of the only albums that doesn't sound like they just pasted songs on there with a random order. Exodus actually flows from one song into another.

Her English is so...it isn't like the usual American accent, but it's fluent. Maybe it's because she uses Japanese more than English.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 19:38   Link #91
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Utada Hikaru is my favorite singer. I love her songs. ^^

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 15:55   Link #92
AyumiDesu
Kiss-sui.com Princess

Her new album will be released soon. I guess it is March.

I can't wait to listen to it!
AyumiDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-28, 22:04   Link #93
sa547
*Author

Fished her Myspace page from Japanator, which did a very superb interview.

She's whom I think of whenever jpop is mentioned.

Sidenote: with her Myspace and the usual spammers flooding the comments of celebrities, I think she'll need someone to clean off the comments section.
Old 2009-03-05, 20:05   Link #94
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
I just have to mention that Utada Hikaru is my favorite Japanese singer, and second favorite singer in general. I look forward to her new album. I hope it's better than Heart Station was though. I was a little disappointed with that album compared to her older stuff.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 19:35   Link #95
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Has anyone listened to her new album? It's pretty mainstream, in my opinion. My favourite track has to be Apple and Cinnamon though =).

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 15:55   Link #96
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Wait, her new CD already came out? When was it released? Man, when I try and go check her website it won't work for some reason.

Now is the CD an English CD or a Japanese one? Cause I know one track is in English, but I don't know much else other than that.
Old 2009-03-28, 13:22   Link #97
sa547
*Author

Hm, this is very pleasing to hear:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-on-u.s-itunes

I raise a toast for going that far.
Old 2009-03-28, 16:51   Link #98
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Yeah I saw that too. Congrats to Utada Hikaru.
Old 2009-03-30, 03:24   Link #99
lcgyy

Entourage said in court papers that he suffered a concussion, a ruptured eardrum, a burst blood vessel in his eye and a torn rotator cuff in the July 2005 scuffle with Iverson's security detail. The altercation occurred when the basketball star's entourage attempted to take over the bar's VIP section, according to court papers. No criminal charges were filed.

Piven, the Emmy-friendly star of Entourage,exited the production in December, 10 weeks early, citing health concerns related to mercury poisoning, which Entourage said he got from eating fish. In the statement, the producers noted that Entourage have requested "a wide range of relevant information" from Entourage about his "alleged illness," including "medical records and documentation of Mr. Piven's activities both during and after the run of the show." They also proposed that all information supplied be "subject to a strict confidentiality agreement."
Blige recently guest-starred on Entourage

The L Word is the intimate story about the lives and loves of a group of lesbian friends living in Los Angeles. The show has received a lot of praise for its brilliant storylines and its portrayal of the lesbian community.
The L Word is created and executive produced by Ilene Chaiken who also...
Charlie is a well-to-do bachelor with a house at the beach, a Jaguar in the front, and an easy way with women. His casual Malibu lifestyle is interrupted when his tightly wound brother Alan, who's facing a divorce, and his son Jake, come to live with him. Together, these two and a half men confront the challenges of growing up; finally. Complicating matters are the brothers'...

NCIS Spinoff Casts CSI Alumna, Two Others
The ensemble for CBS' planned NCIS spinoff continues to flesh out. Not long after it was reported that Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J are circling two lead roles, three other characters have been cast.
Louise Lombard, who played CSI'sSofia Curtis for three seasons, has landed what is considered the series' female lead: Clara, a former major in the military police turned investigator.
The Hollywood Reporter also reports that Peter Cambor (Notes from the Underbelly) will play Nate, a quick-witted operational psychologist.
Just asNCISwas born of a JAG episode, this latest offshoot will kick off as an episode of NCIS.
lcgyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:43   Link #100
Puralicious
rawr baby rawr

Send a message via MSN to Puralicious
dunno many songs by her except passion and the other japanese one for simple and clean from kingdom hearts other than that i havent heard any other and that includes hikki
Puralicious is offline   Reply With Quote