AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-10, 07:42   Link #501
jinshiroi

yep, let us see where this leads too indeed. Oh and by defend, i mean rationalize it to the point that they go "hey this is brilliant, everyone come see. this is perfect because of this, this, and this." Still, its their opinion, cant really say anything to change that.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:48   Link #502
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

It definitely is bad writing to turn Apollo into Pollon.

What has happened here is like J. K. Rowling coming up with a new sequel of Harry Potter and then proceed to tell us that 'Harry Potter' is actually not the son of James and Lily Potter and the real baby Harry Potter already died when Voldermort attacked them. And the 'Harry Potter' that was enrolled in Hogwarts is actually the neighbour's child who Voldermort turned into a Hocrux for no reason.

Or Lucas coming up with Star Wars episode 7 telling us that actually Darth Vader is not Anakin Skywalker, who already died in the duel against Obi Wan on Mustafar. And Darth Vader is actually a cyborg clone of Anakin created by Palpatine.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-10, 07:52   Link #503
jinshiroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

Or Lucas coming up with Star Wars episode 7 telling us that actually Darth Vader is not Anakin Skywalker, who already died in the duel against Obi Wan on Mustafar. And Darth Vader is actually a cyborg clone of Anakin created by Palpatine.
I'd Watch that. That sounds entertaining.
Old 2012-06-10, 07:54   Link #504
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
*whistles* I'm impressed yet again. So Kawamori had the nerve to put Pollon on screen with Apollonius in ep 25 while Toma talked about how Apollonius was reborn into a new form. I can't help but like such audacious trolling. I was already persuaded based on the other evidence that Apollo not being Apollonius + Apollo being Pollon was either planned all along or deliberately left open as a possibility (because there were far too many things to be coincidences), but at this point, I'm more inclined to believe it was planned all along. It's as if ep 25, for example, is saying to us that "Hahaha, you never would have paid attention to this picture before, but it is here, and Toma is being trolled too".
I found the troll absolutely brilliant. I did add it to the list of positive things about aquarion evol.
I have also a list of negative things about aquarion evol, starting with the Amata/Kagura merge (if it were to happen), the bad taste the main characters relationship leaves in my mouth (unless it's intentional), the messed up theme (I wonder how they are going to make the 'fuck fate' thing work, when the only one apparently not involves in thr destiny deal and wanting to go against it for real is suffering, dragging through mud and losing).
Old 2012-06-10, 07:55   Link #505
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its hard to come up with worse writing than Episode 1, 2 and 3, or turning your main characters into reincarnation of pets.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-06-10, 07:57   Link #506
jinshiroi

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its hard to come up with worse writing than Episode 1, 2 and 3, or turning your main characters into reincarnation of pets.
Ever read my immortal?
Old 2012-06-10, 08:03   Link #507
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
So I find the plot twist fun. For people who cared a lot about the reincarnation romances being Apollonius/Celiane and think that them being changed makes a mockery of the series, yes, I can certainly see why they would be really upset.
FWIW I never cared about the romance angle in Genesis (well, except for poor Pierre, I suppose). What I object is them trying to push something this crappy down my throat, and people who hadn't even thought of this before Evol suddenly going "it's so obvious, it's been all foreshadowed, how can you not see the genius behind it"...
Old 2012-06-10, 09:49   Link #508
mayumi

The only thing funny a bout this revelation is that Sirius half knew better than Silvia's half-soul or Touma's soul. I guess he can have the last laugh. That's probably why the poor doesn't even get mentioned in EVOL cause he knew the troll all along and never acknowledged Apollo as Apollonius.
Old 2012-06-10, 21:45   Link #509
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Song of Legend

We're just that close towards the third chapter's conclusion to the Aquarion's Legend saga, and I'm very surprised with both the developments and revelations this episode had to offer.

If we take a look back to the first Aquarion series it could most of everything make sense, provided if the Legend from the second chapter told by both Crea and Fudo followed the storyline from the first TV series or the OVA.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-11, 11:01   Link #510
Nvenya

Seems I'm a little late to this party. This twist really disturbs me.

Why, in Episode 2 from the original, does Rena see Apollo turn into Apollonius after she bites him.

Was Pollon purposely deceiving everyone by acting like Apollonius? This was also in Episode 2 when Apollo starts yelling at Silvia. Calling her Celiane and telling her that her fight was pathetic. Does she have no pride as a warrior, etc. She even calls him Apollonius.

I suppose all the other changes that happen to Apollo could be chalked up to Aquarion taking him over, but it seems cheap.

Feels like the main characters of the series went from heroes to mascots.

Last edited by Nvenya; 2012-06-12 at 13:56.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:17   Link #511
Destined_Fate

Simple. The Pollon thing "was" considered in Genesis but was dropped off and it ended with the Apollonius is Apollo angle. That was how the series ended and how they wanted it to be considering all the "hints" they threw in(Far more than the Pollon ones). However, when they went to work with EVOL they kinda had no reason to bring Touma back... Or have any real conflict that connected Genesis and EVOL. So they went back to the dropped Pollon plot and used that for their whole "Destiny" thing and give a reason for Touma to return as a villian. Since all things considered if they went with the Apollonius angle, which they did go with before they decided 7 years later to release a sequel, than Touma would have felt no need to return to troll and would have happily left Apollonius to reincarnate and be happy with Celiane.

It would have been much better if they just focused on the conflict between Vega and Altair and actually stuck with the Apollonius/Celiane deal. Instead we got this. This is what happens when you purposely force your work in a direction different from the original premise to try and give this new story more "depth" or force unneeded themes into the fray that have only served to confuse and anger viewers of both EVOL and Genesis.

You can tell it wasn't their intent for Genesis considering the shoddy job they did implementing it into EVOL, than forgetting about it in the very next episode(So what was the point of screwing Genesis fans over again?), and that they didn't understand any of the ramifications(One-Sided Beastality love prevailing because of a lie) of this change and its long reaching effects(Stealing Apollonius' side of the promise, tricking Celiane into thinking she was getting with her destined Apollonius and not a dog that hyjacked her promise with Apollonius). Or that they've forgotten the far more numrous Apollo = Apollonius scenes than any Pollon scene and how they conveniently dropped Sirius(They pretty much retconned hs role out and made Mikono and Silvia out to be the full Celiane deal) from the plot altogether in EVOL.
Old 2012-10-29, 18:20   Link #512
shizora

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Thanks for the summary.
hello that couple of the guy and girl, is that an anime? if so can I have the name. t
hank you.
Closed Thread