Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-12, 04:02   Link #1681
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
If it's not reaction vids hating on this game it's bugs and glitches

I'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find some decent-looking combo videos...

...Probably.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 04:19   Link #1682
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
Even the most decent combo vids has Donte flying out of screen and looks really awkward, even at rentals with a bigger monitor just damn. Also at least in Hokuto Shinken Mosou 2 your bosses will attack you at higher difficulty here at times do not. Yes Vorgil in DmC Iam talking about you!

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2013-02-12 at 17:38.
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 09:57   Link #1683
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post

Couldn't help but think of that silly meme picture when I saw that panel... Do they eat? They're so boney.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 18:31   Link #1684
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Here's some slurm queen sh*t for those who want to be stylish

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman...dante-must-die
Old 2013-02-13, 03:47   Link #1685
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/12...est-decisions/

That is funny. DmC is considered a good result?
And seem like they are missing the point at Sengoku Basara...
Old 2013-02-13, 19:45   Link #1686
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Now they blame Sengoku Basara....pathetic one of their IP's that sell so well in Japan and in Asia. Whatever Svenson explained there is just complete nonsense, you want western audience? Give them what they want and not copying what the western has and give a new IP or built upon on games that hit not reboot and try to be western. Also he just joined in 2005? He's a newb on this.
Old 2013-02-14, 03:58   Link #1687
Used Can

I think Christian Svensson is missing the point. DMC wasn't some new IP that was recently getting introduced in the Western market, but an IP that had already positioned itself and had a established fanbase. There was no need for experimentation.

Furthermore, as soon as they announced what the reboot would be like, fans all over the world (not merely in the West) clearly voiced their disapproval. It was clear this was a series driven by 2 factors mainly: 1) Dante and 2) The gameplay. Yet, they went their way and changed both, and this was, again, against what their market said.

Now, despite that, they had things their way, very likely expecting to attract new Western fans by making the new Dante more similar to your average Western comic/video-game hero (read: anti-establishment, angry (in the youngster way), smartass, lone-dog, hardcore... etc...) and by making the game easier. They also probably thought that if they made the stages more flashy, that'd give them further praise. However, they didn't sell even half as they had officially fore-casted and the fanbase is angry at them, because of that and due to NT's unprofessional behaviour which we all know already.

The sad thing, is that despite the fans' disapproval, they believe that by having their journalists give them high ratings, having reviews saying the fans's opinions are wrong, and trying to backpedal on previews statements of theirs, they somehow believe fans are going to start buying this.

I just don't know what's their fixation with trying to keep pushing this failure. If it didn't sell well, why not drop it? They could leave the franchise there if they believe they can no longer do anything with it, they could go back to the original DMC, or they could try another reboot that keeps the key points intact. However, they seem unable to do that.
Old 2013-02-14, 04:39   Link #1688
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Well said.

It's misdirection to a great franchise that is doing well and a leap to the wrong decision on the reboot. They tend to lose more of the original fanbase if they continue to be like this, they may build a new one, but it will not be loved and will endure like the original DMC franchise, as we've seen now more are still leaning towards the original game.
Old 2013-02-14, 11:26   Link #1689
defki

Vergil's Downfall Preview

Lol at that hair. Now they make sure that Vergil looks even closer to DMC3 Vergil. This backpedaling is amazing to watch.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 12:29   Link #1690
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Now, despite that, they had things their way, very likely expecting to attract new Western fans by making the new Dante more similar to your average Western comic/video-game hero (read: anti-establishment, angry (in the youngster way), smartass, lone-dog, hardcore... etc...) and by making the game easier. They also probably thought that if they made the stages more flashy, that'd give them further praise. However, they didn't sell even half as they had officially fore-casted and the fanbase is angry at them, because of that and due to NT's unprofessional behaviour which we all know already.
lol

If anything the original Dante was closer to the Western iconic superheroes than the DmC one is. Even if you have some anti-establishment or lone-wolf heroes like Batman, they all have something they excel at that justifies their high reputation as a hero. Batman scares everyone except the Joker. Everyone knows Superman is strong. Spiderman is confident and Peter Parker is known for throwing witty one-liners. Even Wolverine is respected as a veteran mutant among the XMen.

Meanwhile you have DmC Dante who looks like a street punk wanting to pick a fight. In fact, the early trailers where Poison demands to know "Who the fuck are you?!" perfectly describes his image. Instead of being an actual tough guy with a reputation, he is a nobody that no one really respects.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 13:57   Link #1691
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If anything the original Dante was closer to the Western iconic superheroes than the DmC one is. Even if you have some anti-establishment or lone-wolf heroes like Batman, they all have something they excel at that justifies their high reputation as a hero. Batman scares everyone except the Joker. Everyone knows Superman is strong. Spiderman is confident and Peter Parker is known for throwing witty one-liners. Even Wolverine is respected as a veteran mutant among the XMen.

Meanwhile you have DmC Dante who looks like a street punk wanting to pick a fight. In fact, the early trailers where Poison demands to know "Who the fuck are you?!" perfectly describes his image. Instead of being an actual tough guy with a reputation, he is a nobody that no one really respects.
Well, yes, my bad. I wasn't thinking about the old heroes when I wrote that.
I was thinking more about your modern hero in Western comics and video games, who have lately been leaning more toward being anti-heroes, and as such they're written as renegades, anti-social, anti-establishment, borderline-nihilists, hedonists, smartasses, street-punks, gangsters, vigilantes, delinquents or former delinquents, etc... Mix two or more of those traits and you get your modern hero/anti-hero.

Not that I have anything against that. I love my anti-heroes. However, I just don't think there was any need to change Dante into that type of character, just to make what they thought was cool, especially when Dante was an iconic character already.
Old 2013-02-14, 17:11   Link #1692
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

They are clearly trying to make a savings throw with Vergil's Downfall. I think it may be a little too late for that.
Old 2013-02-14, 17:59   Link #1693
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, yes, my bad. I wasn't thinking about the old heroes when I wrote that.
I was thinking more about your modern hero in Western comics and video games, who have lately been leaning more toward being anti-heroes, and as such they're written as renegades, anti-social, anti-establishment, borderline-nihilists, hedonists, smartasses, street-punks, gangsters, vigilantes, delinquents or former delinquents, etc... Mix two or more of those traits and you get your modern hero/anti-hero.
Speaking of those kind of heroes, imho those kind are quite common now a days, they don't have longevity, once the story is finish it's hard to follow up the story again, unlike older heroes that established and made a mark and became icons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Vergil's Downfall Preview

Lol at that hair. Now they make sure that Vergil looks even closer to DMC3 Vergil. This backpedaling is amazing to watch.
No matter how they backtrack now, people now that played the game that had bugs will probably take a step back and people who do not like the direction of there the reboot will not support this, it's pretty much a given it won't sell as well as the old titles as proven.
Old 2013-02-14, 19:12   Link #1694
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
Couldn't help but think of that silly meme picture when I saw that panel... Do they eat? They're so boney.
The artist probably thought he could convince us to sympathize with them if Donte & Vorgil showed them feels. Literally.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

YouTube

YouTube
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 01:37   Link #1695
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Here's an idiot that replied to me on youtube.

Quote:
I am a DMC Fan for along time. But DmC wasn't that bad...Other then the characters looks and some of his acting...The Visual was good. The game ran 230fps smooth. Graphics were amazingly stunning. I've in joined the game. You got to learn to move on...Not Every Series are going to be the same each development...
Graphics where just blurry fragments of red, orange and lighting effects.
Old 2013-02-15, 01:43   Link #1696
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Maybe thats a typo
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 02:00   Link #1697
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^Typo or not every development on a game series needs to get better.
Not to go backwards.
Old 2013-02-15, 03:50   Link #1698
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sometimes it's okay to move backwards. Find one's roots or something like that. DmC's problem isn't finding its roots. It took what we knew and took 5 marathons back to before even DMC1. I'm going to say it clearly, that DmC has smoother combat and better visuals than 1, but as a game overall the original just flat out beats the reboot. You cvan't do combos in the original like you can in the reboot, but there's that satisfaction from killing stuff and bosses that just doesn't seem to be given in reboot. The style meter and end rank, despite not nearly as perfected as the current gen extreme HnS, is far more fair than the reboot's.

I have far more comparisons to make but it'd end up a huge rant more likely than not.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 04:08   Link #1699
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In short they made a new game using the DMC franchise name.
Old 2013-02-15, 05:19   Link #1700
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
that DmC has smoother combat and better visuals than 1
If a PS3 game couldn't beat a PS2 game at that... Oh, and that PS2 game is also 12 years old, so...